Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DC - Shellys Back Room

This is a discussion on DC - Shellys Back Room within the DC forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; ...

DC - Shellys Back Room

Shelly's Back Room
    1331 F Street NW
    Washington, DC 20004

• For those of you not familiar with Washington, we're on F Street, between 13th and 14th, right in the middle of the block. You'll see a green awning and a wooden Native American.

We are two blocks from the White House, and one block from the National Theater and Ford's Theater. The Verizon Center is a 5-minute cab ride away. We are half a block from the Metro Center Station, directly across from the National Press Building's 13th Street entrance.

Hours of operation:
    Monday–Thursday 11:30 am–2:00 am
    Friday 11:30 am–3:00 am
    Saturday 12:00 noon–3:00 am
    Sunday 12:00 noon–1:00 am

E-Maill: info@shellysdc.com

Smoking was banned last year in DC. Shellys Back Room is the only restaurant in DC where you can still smoke.

Shelly’s Back Room is one of a kind in Washington, DC, a comfortable retreat for cigar aficionados and those who simply want to unwind. Our casual but elegant space features soft lighting, cozy couches and over-stuffed chairs.

Shelly’s Back Room is a cigar-friendly establishment, but our state of the art air-purification system keeps the atmosphere comfortable for smokers and non-smokers alike. Sit back and enjoy yourself while chatting with friends or watching high-definition TV.

CIGARS
    Shelly’s Back Room carries a unique and unparalleled selection of premium cigars. It is one of the few, if any, places in DC for aficionados to enjoy a truly fine meal, quality libation and excellent cigar. Non-smokers are also welcome. Our state-of-the-art air-purification system keeps the air clean and fresh. Our knowledgeable staff is happy to assist you in selecting a cigar from Washington’s best-stocked humidor. We also satisfy special requests. Just ask!

Humidors
    We are proud to offer 100 temperature and humidity controlled, private lockers for you to store your cigars; Avoid the hassle of bringing them with you, reserve a humidor today

Drinks
    Our drink list is most impressive. It includes over 50 scotch selections, rare bourbons, rums, ports, cordials and premium wines. We offer 25 beers. We will mix a cocktail any way that suits you.

Menu
    Shelly’s features an impressive selection of dishes for both lunch and dinner. If you're looking for a late night bite after a game or show, our kitchen welcomes you.
    2008 Pontiac Solstice - Mysterious Black

[SIZE="2"]FREE FTP SERVER AND EMAIL FOR CS MEMBERS[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]My Personal Blog[/SIZE]

hk3

Re: DC - Shelly’s Back Room

My old man loves this place! I have heard so many good stories about the nights at Shelly's. I hope to make it there next time Im in town.
    F-N-A Cotton, F-N-A.

Love shelly's, one of only a couple places to smoke in DC, I like to get there when i can.

Quote Originally Posted by jkim05 View Post
    Love shelly's, one of only a couple places to smoke in DC, I like to get there when i can.
    Shelly's is nice and a good place to find other BOTL, but it's an expensive habit.. And cigars is an expensive habit enough for me

I was REALLY tempted to get humidor space there, though. But then you need a large deposit, etc and then I remembered I live in Virginia and have plenty of bars/lounges to choose from

Maturing Puffer Fish

Shelly's is a great place to meet friends after a long day of work. I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by CigarDood View Post
    Shelly's is a great place to meet friends after a long day of work. I highly recommend it.
    "While smoking a cigar, we are in the presence of eternity...the smoke drifts gently heavenward on its quest to combine with the great eternal oneness." - Prince Sined Yar Maharg Love Jimmy

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Kaisersozei's Avatar

I was in town for a 3 day conference and went to Shelly's on Sunday & Monday night with some work buddies to catch some football, relax, and of course kick back & smoke.

What a great place! Very comfortable, lots of friendly BOTLs (one guy overheard my buddy & I talking about baseball and offered advice on my son's college/draft prospects.) Lots of room, the cigar prices are pretty steep but you can BYO, and the bar selection is great. One of the best things about Shelly's is definitely the air purification system--it's top notch. The place was pretty full both nights and we spent more than an hour there smoking, but our clothes didn't stink at all.

Highly recommended!

Puffer Fish with some spikes FunkyCold5's Avatar

Re: DC - Shellys Back Room

Highly recommend Shelly's as mini-Herf location for out of town BOTLs.

Just there last week. Nice place and up the street from Dapers Cigars.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Gonna be in DC in July, may have to check it out. What Metro station is it by?

one day when I get to Washington I`ll stop in thanks for the Info

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes bigslowrock's Avatar

Got to go work two or three blocks from there next week. Maybe I'll stop in one night.

Quote Originally Posted by uli2000 View Post
    Gonna be in DC in July, may have to check it out. What Metro station is it by?
    Metro Center stop on the Red Line

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish djsmiles's Avatar

Going to check out Shelly's tomorrow.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish djsmiles's Avatar

Just enjoyed a glass of Belvenie 17 and a LP T-52. Next time i'm in DC, I will be back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast