Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quad State Herf VI - Saturday, Aug 20th Location: Round Pond Rec Area, West Point

This is a discussion on Quad State Herf VI - Saturday, Aug 20th Location: Round Pond Rec Area, West Point within the Eastern forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; Well, we have locked dow the date for this year's Quad State Herf. It will be Saturday, August 20th from ...

Exclamation Quad State Herf VI - Saturday, Aug 20th Location: Round Pond Rec Area, West Point

Well, we have locked dow the date for this year's Quad State Herf. It will be Saturday, August 20th from 1000(10am) until dusk (roughly 2000/8PM) and the location is West Point's Recreational Area (Round Pond). It will be a day of relaxing, enjoying great BBQ and a number of outdoor events, i.e., volleyball, basketball, horse shoes, fishing, swimming, paddleboating and much more. Below is a map of the area as well as Round Pond's website:

West Point FMWR: Round Pond Recreation Area

The actual address for the area is: 1348 Round Pond Road, West Point, NY 10996.

I wanted to at least post the date of the event so S/BOTL can start to plan their vacations if they are planning on attending this year. as an FYI, the recreation area is large enough to comfortably accommodate 200 - 250 guests. As more info comes up, I will update this post.......
    I'd walk a mile for a Cuban........

Thumbs up Re: Quad State Herf VI - Saturday, Aug 20th Location: Round Pond Rec Area, West Point

A number of folks have been contacting me with questions about pricing and food so here is the first update of I know many:

BBQ (prepared by Dee and his crew)

The cost to attend the Quad State Herf is the same it was last year, $50.00 per person (half for food and drink and the other half for the "benefit"). As always, the West Point Warrior Transition Unit (Wounded Warriors) will be the benefit.

Lastly, each guest will receive a nice "goodie bag" and there will be plenty of stuff being raffled off at the event.

Scotch & Cigars

Re: Quad State Herf VI - Saturday, Aug 20th Location: Round Pond Rec Area, West Point

Any NJ Puffers attending that would like to ride up? If others are going it looks like it would be a nice gathering!

Re: Quad State Herf VI - Saturday, Aug 20th Location: Round Pond Rec Area, West Point

I'll be there. Good call on not doing it after a snowstorm this year Charlie!

Interesting

Thumbs up Re: Quad State Herf VI - Saturday, Aug 20th Location: Round Pond Rec Area, West Point

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    Sounds great Scott, it's always a pleasure herfin' with you brother. Oh yeah, the snowstorm events are part of the past.......

Question Re: Quad State Herf VI - Saturday, Aug 20th Location: Round Pond Rec Area, West Point

Quote Originally Posted by Rock31 View Post
    Any NJ Puffers attending that would like to ride up? If others are going it looks like it would be a nice gathering!
    Hello Ray, do you want me to add you to the list or are you still considering. Please let me know so I have a good number of guests. Thanks.......

Scott, I have you added you to the list.

I'm interested! My Ford TC is just a two seater but If I empty it I can put a sofa in the back!

How far is West Point from Central/North NJ?

Scotch & Cigars

Quote Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
    Hello Ray, do you want me to add you to the list or are you still considering. Please let me know so I have a good number of guests. Thanks.......

Charlie I will let you know by Friday

dav0 if you're interested I can always drive, I will know by the end of the week!

No longer a community member.

Hey Charlie How's it going brother?

Are you collecting again for the wounded warriors program this year? If so let me know you know I'm in if you need me! Take care my friend and say hi to my new friends!

Smile Re: Quad State Herf VI - Saturday, Aug 20th Location: Round Pond Rec Area, West Point

Quote Originally Posted by dav0 View Post
    I'm interested! My Ford TC is just a two seater but If I empty it I can put a sofa in the back!

How far is West Point from Central/North NJ?
    DavO, West Point is roughly 50 north of New York City on the Hudson River to give you an idea.

Charlie I will let you know by Friday

dav0 if you're interested I can always drive, I will know by the end of the week!
    There's no rush Ray as we are still about 5 months out.

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    Hey Charlie How's it going brother?

Are you collecting again for the wounded warriors program this year? If so let me know you know I'm in if you need me! Take care my friend and say hi to my new friends!
    Hello Dave, good to hear from you. We're definitely going to be collecting again for the WW Program. I'll start after Cigar Fest (around mid to end of May). Talk with you soon and I'll let the guys know you said "hi"........

Quote Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post

There is an outside shot I might be able to get my wife to come with me so I'll let you know buddy. Is Isy coming?

Full grown Puffer Fish Dr BootyGrabber's Avatar

Id absolutley love ot go to this but I live In Boston

Exclamation Re: Quad State Herf VI - Saturday, Aug 20th Location: Round Pond Rec Area, West Point

There is an outside shot I might be able to get my wife to come with me so I'll let you know buddy. Is Isy coming?
    Sounds great Scott, I'd love to meet your better half . Isy is not sure yet, I saw him this past weekend at an event in Long Island. He flew up from Florida for a family function.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr BootyGrabber View Post
    Id absolutley love ot go to this but I live In Boston
    Chuck, that isn't far at all considering we have S/BOTL flying in from all over and driving from locations as far as Virginia and Minnesota. If lodging is an issue, there's camping right at the recreation area and there's plenty of hotels to choose from as well........

Well guys & girls, now that CigarFest 2011 has come and gone (another superb event), it's time to redirect all of my efforts to this year's Quad State Herf. I see a number of S/BOTL on the fence if they are attending this year or not. We have a number of BOTL driving from the New England states that are on Social Cigar, CigarPass, Cigar Smokers, Cigar Snobs and a few other cigar boards. New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania are all well represented as well and there is still plenty of room to sign up as the cut off will be 200 guests this year. Here is the link over at CigarPass that we keep a current Guest / Sponsor List:

Quad State Herf VI - Saturday, Aug 20th - CigarPass Cigar Forum Community

This year, award winning BBQ team "Muzzle Brake Outfitters" will be supplying us with tasty bbq chicken, pulled pork, ribs and brisket as well as other tasty treats. Here is the link to their website for your info:

BBQ

So post away if you are planning on attending and / or if you have any questions - concerns. Talk with you all soon.......

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast