Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Wounded Warrior Event - Quad State Herf 8 - Saturday, July 27th

This is a discussion on Wounded Warrior Event - Quad State Herf 8 - Saturday, July 27th within the Eastern forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; Less than 5 weeks now, cigars and merchandise is arriving and all...........

Re: Wounded Warrior Event - Quad State Herf 8 - Saturday, July 27th

Less than 5 weeks now, cigars and merchandise is arriving and all........
    I'd walk a mile for a Cuban........

Schweeeeeeeeeet!

Thumbs up Re: Wounded Warrior Event - Quad State Herf 8 - Saturday, July 27th

3 weeks from today, I'll be busy putting the "goodie bags" together and ensuring those last minute things get done. S/BOTL will be arriving at Round Pond that will camp out for the weekend along with Sean and his crew from Big Guns BBQ. Others will be flying in to stay in hotels and the rest of you will be driving up to the Hudson Valley. Can you tell I'm getting excited already and I hope everyone else is as well. I'll update the "Guest & Sponsor" list shortly as it hasn't changed much. Enjoy the weekend everyone and see you all soon.......

Talking Re: Wounded Warrior Event - Quad State Herf 8 - Saturday, July 27th

Got a lot done yesterday in support of the event. Squared away the logistical stuff at Round Pond: Tents, tables, chairs, super cookers, required electrical power, etc. Also coordinated the beer delivery along with the soda & water as well as wine and other liquid beverages. Cigars are arriving and making last minute reminders to vendors that were at IPCPR that the event is a week away. Not sure about you all but I'm getting excited as the annual event is fast approaching. Enjoy the weekend all and I'll see you in 7 days if not sooner.......

Well S/BOTL, we are one (1) day from our annual event, yeah baby! First, I want to thank all of the sponsors that supported this great "Cause" and all of you great folks that helped out as well. With you all, none of this would happen. Thanks to all my friends that are coming to support tomorrow, we know it's gonna be a blast. I do wish you all safe travels and clear skies.

In reference to tomorrow, we have plenty of chairs as we'll have 80 folding ones along with ten (10) 8' folding tables and all of the picnic tables as well. If you have a favorite tailgate folding chair, by all means bring it. Just as last year, we have 2 additional tents being erected adjacent to the pavilion. One of them is a 20' x 23' and the other a 20' x 20'. If you prefer your own erected as some do, go for it as there's plenty of room for all.

Food wise, I met with Sean yesterday from Big Guns BBQ and the menu is off the charts. If anyone goes home hungry, you weren't at our event (that's all I'm gonna say). I do regret to say, Rita's Ice will not be making it this year as they had things come up.

We'll have plenty of soda & water as well as beer, wine and hard liquor for those that prefer it. I do want to let everyone know that you can always bring your own and or have a reserve stored away (wink).

Today will be a busy one making the goodie bags, finalizing all of the raffle items and such. So as I always try to say, think outside of the box and I'll see you all tomorrow.........

See you tomorrow morning buddy!

Who else from Puff is going?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott W. View Post
    Who else from Puff is going?
    MarcM15

The day has finally come, wooooo hoooooo......
    The weather looks to be spot on, according to NOAA it'll be "Sunny, with a high near 81. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 mph in the morning."
    I'm sure that we may have forgotten something, that's just human nature. We tried to think outside of the box or as I like to say, I use this head for more than a hat rack, LOL.
    The only thing I want to tell folks is that the phone service at Round Pond is not so good in spots, Texting is the best way to communicate by far. Safe travels everyone and we'll see you soon.......

Unbelievable time as usual Charlie, just got home. Guys, I said it last year and ill say it again. We need more support from this forum for this event. Please, make it happen

Thank you all from Beth and I, it truly was an amazing day. The weather was perfect, the beer, booze, BBQ and of course the cigars were all to notch. It was great to see everyone and I'm glad to hear that all made it home safe and sound. There's no way that we can top it next year, we'll simply have to replicate it some how. We did a final count yesterday and after everything, we raised well over 18K, yeah baby........

Until the next, thank you all again.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

Had I not had a Saturday job that cancelled at 5PM on Friday I would have come. Maybe next year.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

Cool Re: Wounded Warrior Event - Quad State Herf 8 - Saturday, July 27th

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Had I not had a Saturday job that cancelled at 5PM on Friday I would have come. Maybe next year.
    Sounds like a plan Rob, hope you can join us then.......

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

Ill keep an eye out for the posting next year and try and plan accordingly.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3