Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Long Island Group Made

This is a discussion on Long Island Group Made within the Eastern forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; Hey guys, I'm getting tired of smoking "alone," so I made a group that fellow LI-ers can join so we ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish OldSkoolTarHeel's Avatar

Long Island Group Made

Hey guys,

I'm getting tired of smoking "alone," so I made a group that fellow LI-ers can join so we can organize some mini-herfs in the not too-distant future.

I don't know many people that smoke cigars, so when I do, I usually have to explain all the little nuances of tobacco and all sorts of stuff I have no interest in telling people about. I'm looking forward to getting together with any other Long Islanders and any others nearby who may be interested in meeting up occasionally to enjoy some good smokes.

The group's name is Long Islanders Unite. Yea, I know it's a crappy name, but my inspiration only runs so deep.

So if you're interested in joining, either find the group and join, or post up here and I'll send you an invite.
    “I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves” ~Jack Handey

Re: Long Island Group Made

Unite dammit!

Not affiliated with the Islanders, thank god
    Veni Vidi Vici

Young Puffer Fish nickbuttacavoli's Avatar

Good idea guys I joined the group as well. I posted some places I know of in Nassau county on the group thread.

Just a note to all Long Islanders that are not in the LI group.

The first LI herf organized by me and my group will be held at Jim's Stogies on Main Street in Farmingdale on Wednesday February 6 at 8PM.

I hope a bunch of you can make it.
    “I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves” ~Jack Handey

Full grown Puffer Fish OratorORourke's Avatar

Is this group still active?

I play bocce Wednesday nights in Huntington and there are a handful of cigar smokers there, but outside of that circle I am limited in cigar socialization. Most of my friends are, at best, occasional smokers - definition: when they come over to my house and smoke my cigars.

Nobody really posts in the group anymore, but we all still get together occasionally. I'll send you a PM next time we get together.

Full grown Puffer Fish OratorORourke's Avatar

Thanks Rob.