Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Saw

This is a discussion on Saw within the Entertainment forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Watched "Saw" a coupla days ago. Found it to be ok, but a bit disappointing also. The damn thing never ...

What would Skeeter do? kansashat's Avatar

Re: Saw

Watched "Saw" a coupla days ago. Found it to be ok, but a bit disappointing also. The damn thing never did scare me, but at least it wasn't a total piece of crap.
    The views & opinions expressed by kansashat are not necessarily the views & opinions of Club Stogie, or it's associates. Iamstillveryfondofbananacreampie.

Puffer Fish with some spikes MrINMENSO's Avatar

I saw this movie this past weekend. Good, but not great. I was disappointed with Cary Elwes' acting. The concept was awesome, but they could've made a decent movie much better.

Every night since last week in bed I have been telling the g-friend that my foot is hurting. She's had trouble every night this week going to sleep. I know, I'm a dick.

Another one is that I tell her I heard something in the attic (the grudge) She freaks.

Actually that last one scares me after I joke about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish
    Actually that last one scares me after I joke about it.

Always the hallmark of a good scary movie; when the very thought of it freaks you out!!

Feeds the god of mischief

I saw Saw a couple of weeks ago, it was better than i thought it would be, they actually had a plot and some suspense to it. nothing scary about it really, but not a bad flick

Speaking of low budget films i want to put my vote in for the worst one i have ever seen Redneck Zombies. It had a few decent parts in it, but for the most part i think thats two hours of my life i'll never get back.
    "...like licking gogo dancer panties soaked in head shop lamp oil."~~~Hammerhead on Acid cigars

"Some people say strippers have a distinct smell- well, they don't, they smell like Acid cigars."~~~Pistol

Tossed From Keno Lounge gabebdog1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by horrorview
    Hey Porcini!

Yeh, I felt Saw was a solid concept wasted. Shame, really, as so many people seem to think this is such a great movie. It shows what MTV has done to a generation of moviegoers!! LOL

Wow, a great horror flick you may have not seen?? Well, I'll have to give you three answers to that one!

If you like older films, I'd highly recommend PEEPING TOM. It's an absolutely gorgeous psychological horror flick that served as the impetus for Hitchcock making Psycho (as Peeping Tom was seen as a truly disturbing film in its day!)

A more recent (and really underrated flick) is RAVENOUS, which is a sort of western/horror/drama/dark comedy that sports a great cast, wonderful cinematography, and a killer score. It's also one of the bloodiest films you're apt to see!

And, finally, if you don't mind subtitles, the Japanese film, AUDITION (Odishon), is an extremely disturbing and visually stunning picture. The director, Takashi Miike, is already a legend in Japan, and is becoming a cult favorite here in the States. The film starts off a little quiet and slow, but it builds up steadily, and the last 10 minutes will blow your mind.
    NEVER SEEN RAVENOUS ALLTHE WAY THROUGH ALWAYS IN PARTS

Puffer Fish with some spikes Wu9lf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kansashat
    Watched "Saw" a coupla days ago. Found it to be ok, but a bit disappointing also. The damn thing never did scare me, but at least it wasn't a total piece of crap.
    yeah I agree with you. It was a decent movie but the ending was really disappointing.

I enjoyed saw, wasn't my most favorite movie. The actual movie wasn't as scary as I thought it would be but my damn imagination has run wild ever since. I keep seeing visions of my jaw being snapped open.. I wonder would that do the same thing as a curb stomping?, don't answer that I was just wondering. Overall good for the first scary movie I've ever seen.

This movie was just nasty. The mask was a bit scary and the thought of someone like that, but otherwise it was your gruesome horror movie.

JDO
    Puffer Fish with many spikes JDO's Avatar

I didn't have high hopes for it, but it wasn't bad at all. I kinda liked it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2