Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Herf etiquette?

This is a discussion on Herf etiquette? within the Everywhere Else forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; Originally Posted by RPB67 Herf Behavior. Depending upon were you are going be sure to dress appropriate. If its a ...

When is Tee time?? havana_lover's Avatar

Re: Herf etiquette?

Quote Originally Posted by RPB67 View Post
    Herf Behavior.

Depending upon were you are going be sure to dress appropriate. If its a bar, jeans and sneakers are fine. If its an upper class place you may wanna wear shoes and a collared shirt just to be safe.

Bring some money for food and drinks. Be prepared to buy a few drinks as most people always switch back and forth buying rounds. Make sure you eat something as cigar smoking can do a number on your stomache.

Bring cigars, bring more cigars than you will smoke. There will be a lot of giving,swapping and smoking that day. No one expects any reciprication but it is nice to give it.

Most of all have fun smoke a lot of cigars and drive safely after the herf.

that last statment is the most important, getting home safe is rule #1 so get a DD
    It's allot easier to ask for forgiveness, then it is to ask for permission
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermo View Post
    and Detroit strippers, well, they're Detroit strippers...picture the Pistons with wigs on.

Not Here

At the Myrtle Beach Herf (which was my first) I loaded a big ziplock bag full of smokes (no herfador) and when we met up I told everyone if you see something you want just help yourself.

Was it expected of me? NO I did it because I wanted people to have the chance to try something they may not have had the chance to try yet.

A Herf is a gathering of people with at least one common interest in hopes that new friends will be made.

Did I make new friends those couple of days? YOU BET

Just be yourself and you will make new friends. That is what a Herf is all about.

BTW I left the night with more cigars than I came with thanks to some generous gorillas.

Just have fun and don't worry about the other stuff.
    BIA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by havana_lover View Post

getting home safe is rule #1 so get a DD
    Good point.
    Now you know,
    and knowin's half the battle.
    - G.I. JOE

Quote Originally Posted by CobraSkip View Post
    If you mess with; the Fla Herf gang, bring a big box so you have something to carry home the debris. Our rule is if you touch it its yours, like in "do you think this is a fake band" when you look you're stuck with the stick.
    "we have ways of making you smoke" going to a FL HERF w/no cigars is like going to SKYPE w/out a working mic....IMO
    Last edited by snkbyt; 03-15-2007 at 11:26 AM.
    I don't need Anger Management.....I just need people to stop pissing me off

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    As you participate in these, you will find that most of the people will become friends, so just treat them that way. I think a lot of herfers worry too much about what they bring, you'll get a feeling for it in time. Bring what you like to smoke, and what you want some others to try. If you are trying to impress people, you have the wrong idea.....and there are some here that you will never be able to impress with your selection, but can impress them with your attitude and friendship. ....

I don't go to these things for the cigars, I go for the company.
    Have fun!
    Well said bro!!! 100% spot on!

~Mark

JPH

I usually wear a pink thong under my jeans because you never know when things are going to get crazy....

Honestly: Eat, Drink, Smoke, and be merry..... Herfing is one of the best things!
    ~Jeremy ~
    [SIZE="4"]Go Browns[/SIZE]
    http://www.myspace.com/jeremy_jph

Quote Originally Posted by JPH View Post
    I usually wear a pink thong under my jeans because you never know when things are going to get crazy....
    wow!!??!?!?!?

so u use your g/f thong or do you have your own??
    and Detroit strippers, well, they're Detroit strippers...picture the Pistons with wigs on.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader mosesbotbol's Avatar

Our herfs always serve Vintage Port, so it depends on whose bringing a bottle from their cellar. I just fill up a travel humidor and do not worry about cigars. Smoke one of mine, take one from another cabinet... It's all good. Our herf's are more about the Port and cigars are just a facet of it.
    Do you speak Campagnolo - F1- Alfa Romeo - IWC - Robiola?

JPH

Quote Originally Posted by havana_lover View Post
    wow!!??!?!?!?

so u use your g/f thong or do you have your own??
    Well, I prefer velvet and she doesn't have many in that fabric....So I have my own Thongador ....
    ~Jeremy ~
    [SIZE="4"]Go Browns[/SIZE]
    http://www.myspace.com/jeremy_jph

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Studebaker's Avatar

Aw man, what am I gonna have to do to get rid of that image???

The early worm is for the birds.

Pretentious.Bastge.Online Tristan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JPH View Post
    Well, I prefer velvet and she doesn't have many in that fabric....So I have my own Thongador ....
    You are crazy bro; looking forward to herfin' it up this weekend in Milwaukee!

Etiquette has a lot to do with location and also wiht the host or hosts as the case may be. I have been to a few herfs as well as being part of the P.P.P. we put on the best herf of them all, the SoCal Herf.

For starters, dress acordingly. Most herfs are informal and thus any casual wear will be fine. Except for Gerry in lingerie. I blame myself for that, becsause had I not asked he wouldnt have put it on. I knew my charm worked well with women, didnt know my power over effeminate males.

When a cigar is given to you, one is not and should not be expected in return. Try and bring enough to smoke for the evening as well as to hand out one or two. If you do not have one to give to anyone or do not have a "nice" cigar to give, just make a mental note to try and return the kindness on a later occasion.

Be a cordial guest. If food will be provided, ask if there is something you can bring. Do not make a mess, clean up after yourself, say please and thank you. Most herfs usually taek place amongst people whom dont really know each other. Conversation such stay clear of controversial topics, if one comes up, listen to the others who are speaking, if you disagree do it cordially and do not get into an argument! That would be bad time for those in attendence.

Always remember to show a little gratitude to the host(s)! This will assure a return invite!!!!!

Now, for some pointers in attending a SoCal Herf.

never let us see you cry!!!!!
    [SIZE="4"]Supermodel Genius[/SIZE]

RJT
    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes RJT's Avatar

This might need to be a sticky. Lots of very helpful information in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    This might need to be a sticky. Lots of very helpful information in this thread.
    second that..

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron View Post
    When you know your out gunned, bring a chicken suit.
    Very Nice!~

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast