Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Herf etiquette?

This is a discussion on Herf etiquette? within the Everywhere Else forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; Originally Posted by RPB67 Herf Behavior. Depending upon were you are going be sure to dress appropriate. If its a ...

Re: Herf etiquette?

Quote Originally Posted by RPB67 View Post
    Herf Behavior.

Depending upon were you are going be sure to dress appropriate. If its a bar, jeans and sneakers are fine. [SIZE=3]If its an upper class place you may wanna wear shoes[/SIZE] and a collared shirt just to be safe.

Bring some money for food and drinks. Be prepared to buy a few drinks as most people always switch back and forth buying rounds. Make sure you eat something as cigar smoking can do a number on your stomache.

Bring cigars, bring more cigars than you will smoke. There will be a lot of giving,swapping and smoking that day. No one expects any reciprication but it is nice to give it.

Most of all have fun smoke a lot of cigars and drive safely after the herf.
    This is non-applicable in Arkansas.
    Proud supporter of Reel Recovery.
    www.reelrecovery.org

Quote Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
    Did I hear bacon?

No real etiquette. Bring cigars and whatever you think might be a good addtion to the party and most importantly, [SIZE="3"]the intention to have fun.[/SIZE]
    That u will have.
    God is good

Flag signing for Alex herf. Cast your vote
    http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=181336

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Great advice, definately sticky this info... I get calls all the time at TW about herfs and what is involved. Just have fun, respect each other, don't run into any pylons (FL guys), share if you can and if you can't appreciate what you're given and if herfing at a bar or cigar shop, show them some love by buying a couple of sticks.. Oh and lastly, rub it in the face of your friends what a great time you had and how they missed out by not attending..
    Yea I can get the good stuff... Just don't treat me like a one night stand..

Quote Originally Posted by TWCigarsFL View Post
    Oh and lastly, rub it in the face of your friends what a great time you had and how they missed out by not attending..
    King James....are your ears ringing?

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayak_Rat View Post
    This is non-applicable in Arkansas.
    Rumor is that Ozark-Americans just spray paint their feet brown if shoes are required at an establishment...
    [SIZE="4"]Look! There are fish everywhere...
    [/SIZE]

Leading Puffer Fish Fishbeadtwo's Avatar

Great advice for the "herf virgins" to learn from. I was nervous at my first herf but from then on it came naturally.....My advise is, jump in with both feet and have fun!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes MeNimbus's Avatar

Have a good time and be yourself. Drink, laugh, joke, eat, etc.
    [SIZE="2"]Q('.'Q) JIAN (G-On) ^_^[/SIZE]

in the middle of nowhere backwoods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
    King James....are your ears ringing?

sooooo true

great question, jkim! i'm gonna have to make it to one of these herf thingies.

great answers, 'o sages -- here's a compilation.

(feel free to add your hard won wisdom)

[SIZE="4"]HERFOLOGY[/SIZE]
    (Interpersonal Skills I Learned at The Herf)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    - Bring whatever you think might be a good addition to the party (Da Klugs)

- If the herf is at someone's house, ([SIZE="1"]one should[/SIZE]) bring something for the host. (icehog3)

- If the herf is at a B&M, ([SIZE="1"]one should[/SIZE]) buy something there. (icehog3)

- If someone hands you a cigar -- say, "Thank you" (Bruce)

- If you are trying to impress people ([SIZE="1"]with your selection[/SIZE]), you have the wrong idea;
    ... impress them with your attitude and friendship. (chip)

- Make sure you eat something ([SIZE="1"]before or during a herf[/SIZE]) (RPB7).

- Respect each other. (TWCigars)

- Drive safely after the herf. (RPB7)

- ([SIZE="1"]herfing[/SIZE]) it's all about the company and having a good time. (all)
    Last edited by DonWeb; 03-18-2007 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonWeb View Post
    great question, jkim! i'm gonna have to make it to one of these herf thingies.

great answers, 'o sages -- here's a compilation.

(feel free to add your hard won wisdom)

[SIZE="4"]HERFOLOGY[/SIZE]
    (Interpersonal Skills I Learned at The Herf)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    - Bring whatever you think might be a good addition to the party (Da Klugs)

- If the herf is at someone's house, ([SIZE="1"]one should[/SIZE]) bring something for the host. (icehog3)

- If the herf is at a B&M, ([SIZE="1"]one should[/SIZE]) buy something there. (icehog3)

- If someone hands you a cigar -- say, "Thank you" (Bruce)

- If you are trying to impress people ([SIZE="1"]with your selection[/SIZE]), you have the wrong idea;
    ... impress them with your attitude and friendship. (chip)

- Make sure you eat something ([SIZE="1"]before or during a herf[/SIZE]) (RPB7).

- Respect each other. (TWCigars)

- Drive safely after the herf. (RPB7)

- ([SIZE="1"]herfing[/SIZE]) it's all about the company and having a good time. (all)
    If you go to a herf on the westcoast and they hug you goodbye, its just a westcoast thing that means they've enjoyed your company, and think of you as a brother, not a come-on. However, if they go to kiss you, it means they want to get to know you beter than just a puff puff pass....or they're French.....

Still hefing after all these years......

Quote Originally Posted by galaga View Post
    If a westcoast(er) hugs you goodbye, it means they think of you as a brother, not a come-on. However, if they go to kiss you, it means they want to get to know you (in a different kinda) puff puff pass....
    oh my... that's good to know!

If you go to a herf on the westcoast and they hug you goodbye, its just a westcoast thing that means they've enjoyed your company, and think of you as a brother, not a come-on. However, if they go to kiss you, it means they want to get to know you beter than just a puff puff pass....or they're French.....

Gerry's French??

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

Leading Puffer Fish Fishbeadtwo's Avatar

Hey, I'm on the west (left) coast....I had been wondering why some guys were hugging......

Not applicable in San Francisco
    A-P is still down....

yay!!! my thread is sticky now!!! makes me proud to have asked such a pertinent question. hope this helps out many noobs to come.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast