Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Herf etiquette?

This is a discussion on Herf etiquette? within the Everywhere Else forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; jkim....now you need to post on which of the herfing etiquette items you actually used or didn't find worthwhile! Inquiring ...

Re: Herf etiquette?

jkim....now you need to post on which of the herfing etiquette items you actually used or didn't find worthwhile! Inquiring minds want to know!!

well, especially the stuff about not being worried about impressing anybody and just having a good time took a lot of pressure off my shoulders, as i didn't have to worry about having great sticks to share with everyone. Also, the stuff about gifted cigars was good cause otherwise i would have been afraid to take cigars especially if I knew i wasn't going to be able to smoke them there. I also ate before i got there, which wasn't necessary at this herf since dave (trishield) provided an awesome spread for us. Everyone was really generous and I had a great time. Definitely looking forward to my next herf.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish cigarflip's Avatar

If you go to herfs, bring lots of cigars. Not only will you have a better selection for yourself to smoke but you will have some cigars to reciprocate with in case somebody gives you one (happens all the time). Just remember that cigar smokers are the most generous group of people you will ever meet. Be yourself and have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by jkim05 View Post
    well, especially the stuff about not being worried about impressing anybody and just having a good time took a lot of pressure off my shoulders, as i didn't have to worry about having great sticks to share with everyone. Also, the stuff about gifted cigars was good cause otherwise i would have been afraid to take cigars especially if I knew i wasn't going to be able to smoke them there. I also ate before i got there, which wasn't necessary at this herf since dave (trishield) provided an awesome spread for us. Everyone was really generous and I had a great time. Definitely looking forward to my next herf.
    Great....nice to hear you popped you cherry with a good time and good experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayak_Rat View Post
    This is non-applicable in Arkansas.
    or Rob.

[SIZE=3]I now have an understanding of what a herf is, but I don’t understand the word or the acronym itself. Can someone toss out a history lesson on that?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Second question; I think I’d like to herf and I could certainly bring many cigars. I don’t have the experience to say if they would “good” per se, but I could buy a mixed box for the occasion. However I seriously don’t think I’d ever smoke more than one in a day. So would it be bad form if I only smoked one cigar at a herf? Would it be bad form if I smoked like a third of several?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Also what is a B&M? Cause if its like S&M I don’t have the warcquone for it…….[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]And please tell me that etiquette dictates of someone who has the same “equipment” as I do starts showing off their pink fur thong that I’m allowed to run screaming from the herf????[/SIZE]

Also I see MoB in al ot of the Herf posts, what does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
    Also I see MoB in al ot of the Herf posts, what does that mean?
    The MOB is our Wisconsin crew.They meet on a regular basis.
    Dave...
    Smoke what *YOU* like,like what you smoke

RGD

Quote Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
    I now have an understanding of what a herf is, but I don’t understand the word or the acronym itself. Can someone toss out a history lesson on that?
    The first known use of the word "herf" as follows:

Subject: worst cigars IMHO
    1996/11/21
    Message-ID: <571i9b$ht4@news3.gte.net>
    Newsgroups: alt.smokers.cigars

I bought a Canaria d'Oro(sic?)Robusto out of curiousity
    and it was really a horrible, stale,grassy smoke with a
    peed-on taste. I gave it about 2 inches before I put it
    out. Also, anything Macanudo...I tried several when I
    first began smoking cigars and found them all to be very
    bland and almost impossible to herf, they were so tightly
    wrapped. I think the list of `Mediocre Smokes' for most
    folks would be huge.

Second question; I think I’d like to herf and I could certainly bring many cigars. I don’t have the experience to say if they would “good” per se, but I could buy a mixed box for the occasion. However I seriously don’t think I’d ever smoke more than one in a day. So would it be bad form if I only smoked one cigar at a herf? Would it be bad form if I smoked like a third of several?
    It's not required that you bring smokes for anyone but yourself. If you have them to share, great - otherwise don't worry about it. When others give you smokes - it's not required that you return the favor. You can if you want - but again not required. Smoke what you want - whether it's one or more or parts of some. I know that there can be some anxiety over a first herf - but really - it's nothing more than sitting around enjoying a good cigar, maybe some food and drink, shooting the shit - with like minded folks.

Also what is a B&M? Cause if its like S&M I don’t have the warcquone for it…….
    Stands for Brick and Mortar. As in your local Cigar store.

And please tell me that etiquette dictates of someone who has the same “equipment” as I do starts showing off their pink fur thong that I’m allowed to run screaming from the herf????
    I think this only happens in California - so no problems elsewhere.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post
    Oh yea,and the S.H.I.T. in California meets once a week i think and they are sponsering the MegaMobHerf...
    Dave...

Oh yea,and the S.H.I.T. in California meets once a week i think and they are sponsering the MegaMobHerf...
    Me confused by above statement? I know they meet weekly, but?
    You couldn't pay me enough to post here...Just sayin'

No longer a community member. pnoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twill413 View Post
    Me confused by above statement? I know they meet weekly, but?
    I agree, Tony. Dave's statement IS confusing.

"the S.H.I.T. in California meets once a week" - Correct.

"they are sponsering the MegaMobHerf" - they meaning the MoB crew

Quote Originally Posted by pnoon View Post

ooops...mybad....
    Dave...

Quote Originally Posted by pnoon View Post

I kinda figured that's what he meant but it made me wonder if I missed something. We are always looking for corporate sponsors however .
    You couldn't pay me enough to post here...Just sayin'

Ahem......Wisconsin / Illinois Crew. That is all.

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast