Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Herf etiquette?

This is a discussion on Herf etiquette? within the Everywhere Else forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; Originally Posted by M1903A1 Okay, a new question for the etiquette thread, regarding puff-puff-passes...when one is offered a stick in ...

Out to lunch

Re: Herf etiquette?

Quote Originally Posted by M1903A1 View Post
    Okay, a new question for the etiquette thread, regarding puff-puff-passes...when one is offered a stick in a P-P-P, is one expected to take one AND ONLY ONE puff before passing it along, or is it okay if one puffs enough to get a decent volume of smoke going?

I had the opportunity to try several incredible sticks from The Island South Of Miami at the MegaMoB (among others the Cohiba Lancero was awesome, the PL Panatela was yummy, and 4x4VFR's 1980 Monte A still haunts my dreams, dammit!), but it was my first P-P-P and I want to be sure I didn't breach etiquette in the process.
    Well, I'd say one or two puffs. Maybe three short ones at most. It is a Puff-Puff pass, not a Puff Puff Puff Puff Puff pass, LOL! Just make sure that you're not becoming the bottleneck / holding up the pass. Rule of thumb for me is that the next person in line should not be without a cigar for more than a few seconds after passing his. Also, often one has to let the cigar "cool down" a bit before puffing. IMHO, this is perfectly fine so long as you don't automatically expect to get two full puffs...sometimes it is just not possible.

Holy Crap Gerry!!! How about a puff for a buddy???

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
    Holy Crap Gerry!!! How about a puff for a buddy???
    That was an awesome PPP pass Tom, and a memorable evening as well.

Quote Originally Posted by j6ppc View Post
    That was an awesome PPP pass Tom, and a memorable evening as well.
    Glad you all had a blast, Jon....can't wait to make a S.H.I.T. herf!!

You're welcome, Dave.

Puffer Fish with some spikes allanb3369's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chibnkr View Post
    Well, I'd say one or two puffs. Maybe three short ones at most. It is a Puff-Puff pass, not a Puff Puff Puff Puff Puff pass, LOL! Just make sure that you're not becoming the bottleneck / holding up the pass. Rule of thumb for me is that the next person in line should not be without a cigar for more than a few seconds after passing his. Also, often one has to let the cigar "cool down" a bit before puffing. IMHO, this is perfectly fine so long as you don't automatically expect to get two full puffs...sometimes it is just not possible.
    Puff as many times as possible before Dave yells at you!!!
    Persistence and Determination Alone Are Omnipotent

"Nothing Exceeds Like Excess"

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by j6ppc View Post
    [SIZE="5"]Always pay your way! Don't leave someone else hanging w/ your freaking tab[/SIZE]

'nuf said.
    I second, or third, or whatever it's at - I think (HOPE) that when it happens (and I've seen it happen), the guy just forgets when he heads out. No excuse.

Exiled.

Just a bump of this thread to encourage more folks to (re-)read it....

Quote Originally Posted by chibnkr View Post
    Does it matter if I roll my tongue over the cigar and get the tip good and juicy before I pass it on? If that offends those in the PPP, does that mean I get to keep the stick if no one wants my slobber? Inquiring minds want to know.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Studebaker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    Does it matter if I roll my tongue over the cigar and get the tip good and juicy before I pass it on? If that offends those in the PPP, does that mean I get to keep the stick if no one wants my slobber? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Bodily fluids from a squid?? Ewww!!
    The early worm is for the birds.

No longer a community member. papajohn67's Avatar

Puff and Pass...from my lips to Gods ears, no way. I'm to damn old for that stuff. Seem to recall playing that game at times in little sandbagged bunkers in the Nam. Can't seem to remember just what we were smoking.

It does....and it also means it is the last cigar that will be passed your way.

You're welcome, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by JPH View Post
    I usually wear a pink thong under my jeans because you never know when things are going to get crazy....

Honestly: Eat, Drink, Smoke, and be merry..... Herfing is one of the best things!

So there's an unwritten dress code too! I gotta get out more often.
    Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly. "Mind you, my first name is Bad."
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

No longer a community member.

very informative

if a herf ever occurs anywhere near me, I've already got my Q's answered

Quote Originally Posted by rx2010 View Post
    very informative

if a herf ever occurs anywhere near me, I've already got my Q's answered
    So...our question to you is, what color thong are you going to wear when you herf???

So...our question to you is, what color thong are you going to wear when you herf???
    Thongs schmongs.....Commando baby!!
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]It's more about the journey than it is the destination.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast