Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Herf etiquette?

This is a discussion on Herf etiquette? within the Everywhere Else forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; Hey guys, I was just wondering, what is appropriate herf behavior? like how many smokes should i bring, how long ...

Herf etiquette?

Hey guys, I was just wondering, what is appropriate herf behavior? like how many smokes should i bring, how long should I anticipate staying, etc. I just want to make sure i'm adequately prepared before I herf...

No longer a community member. King James's Avatar

Re: Herf etiquette?

you don't HAVE to bring anything for anyone else. Some people do... some dont. If you don't have the means to pass something out to everyone don't feel bad about it. As far as how long it will last that depends on the herf. Some may just be a few hour deal others go late into the night. My motto is it is better to bring too many than not enough. You can always bring some back home with ya.
    Last edited by King James; 03-15-2007 at 01:02 AM.

always bring backup....and stay as long as your having fun
    I don't need Anger Management.....I just need people to stop pissing me off

If the herf is at someone's house, I would definitely bring a cigar or a bottle of wine for the host.

If the herf is at a B&M, buy something there as a thank you for letting you sit and smoke in their business.

If someone hands you a cigar, and you are unable to reciprocate, say "Thank you". (credit to Bruce for that one).

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

RJT
    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes RJT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King James View Post
    you don't HAVE to bring anything for anyone else. Some people do... some dont. If you don't have the means to pass something out to everyone don't feel bad about it. As far as how long it will last that depends on the herf. Some may just be a few hour deal others go late into the night. My motto is it is better to bring too many than not enough. You can always bring some back home with ya.

I have herfed alot of times over the years. The main thing is bring what you feel comfortable with bringing. True B'sOTL could care less what you bring as long as you dont come of as a mooch. Just be yourself and have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
    If the herf is at someone's house, I would definitely bring a cigar or a bottle of wine for the host.

If the herf is at a B&M, buy something there as a thank you for letting you sit and smoke in their business.

If someone hands you a cigar, and you are unable to reciprocate, say "Thank you". (credit to Bruce for that one).
    Also, remember to eat all of the hosts bacon and maple syrup. When asked, fail to remember the hosts name. I find these to be helpful as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post
    Also, remember to eat all of the hosts bacon and maple syrup. When asked, fail to remember the hosts name. I find these to be helpful as well.
    Good advice...I would really like to meet you someday.

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

No longer a community member.

Did I hear bacon?

No real etiquette. Bring cigars and whatever you think might be a good addtion to the party and most importantly, the intention to have fun.

I'm glad this topic was brought up. Never having been to a HERF before, I was wondering the same thing. I might have to bust out the good stuff for the Mega MOB.

Some people bring a box to pass out and others don't, it's entirely up to you but the like previously stated - "it's all about the brotherhood" so have fun and talk to everyone!

~Mark

If you mess with; the Fla Herf gang, bring a big box so you have something to carry home the debris. Our rule is if you touch it its yours, like in "do you think this is a fake band" when you look you're stuck with the stick.
    CobraSkip
    "The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

As you participate in these, you will find that most of the people will become friends, so just treat them that way. I think a lot of herfers worry too much about what they bring, you'll get a feeling for it in time. Bring what you like to smoke, and what you want some others to try. If you are trying to impress people, you have the wrong idea.....and there are some here that you will never be able to impress with your selection, but can impress them with your attitude and friendship. The last herf I attended I had just moved, and my cooler was hidden behind so many boxes I could not bring anything. We met at a B&M, so I was lucky and could buy a few sticks. Bothered me some, but I realize I LIKE these folks, and it's all about the company and having a good time. We will meet again, many times.
    I don't go to these things for the cigars, I go for the company.
    Have fun!
    Skeeter was here....

RJT
    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes RJT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    As you participate in these, you will find that most of the people will become friends, so just treat them that way. I think a lot of herfers worry too much about what they bring, you'll get a feeling for it in time. Bring what you like to smoke, and what you want some others to try. If you are trying to impress people, you have the wrong idea.....and there are some here that you will never be able to impress with your selection, but can impress them with your attitude and friendship. The last herf I attended I had just moved, and my cooler was hidden behind so many boxes I could not bring anything. We met at a B&M, so I was lucky and could buy a few sticks. Bothered me some, but I realize I LIKE these folks, and it's all about the company and having a good time. We will meet again, many times.
    I don't go to these things for the cigars, I go for the company.
    Have fun!
    Thats the right attitude.

Leading Puffer Fish

When you know your out gunned, bring a chicken suit.

Herf Behavior.

Depending upon were you are going be sure to dress appropriate. If its a bar, jeans and sneakers are fine. If its an upper class place you may wanna wear shoes and a collared shirt just to be safe.

Bring some money for food and drinks. Be prepared to buy a few drinks as most people always switch back and forth buying rounds. Make sure you eat something as cigar smoking can do a number on your stomache.

Bring cigars, bring more cigars than you will smoke. There will be a lot of giving,swapping and smoking that day. No one expects any reciprication but it is nice to give it.

Most of all have fun smoke a lot of cigars and drive safely after the herf.
    Smoke-em if you got em

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast