Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

What are you eating? We just had this.

This is a discussion on What are you eating? We just had this. within the Food, Wine, & Spirits Forum forums, part of the Non Cigar Related Specialty Forums category; Bloody Hell Scott, what time am I expected this evening?...

Re: What are you eating? We just had this.

Bloody Hell Scott, what time am I expected this evening?
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

If you leave now, I suppose I'll see you in 20 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott W. View Post
    If you leave now, I suppose I'll see you in 20 hours?
    LOL. I've got about a year of hard slog left & I'll be debt free again then I can assure you that there are going to be numerous smoke clouds created by myself & members of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    LOL. I've got about a year of hard slog left & I'll be debt free again then I can assure you that there are going to be numerous smoke clouds created by myself & members of this board.
    I'll meet you halfway, we can find a coffee shop in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and have a smoke. All the best buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritones View Post
    Are you sure that was beef? It ended up in my Spam filter ...

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    Spam......the new "read" meat.

Baked Honey BBQ Chicken with Mushroom Pasta, freshly ground Parmesan.

[IMG][/IMG]

Looking good buddy!

Leftovers. Turkey roulades stuffed with manchego cheese and fresh sage leaves with a pomegranate shallot reduction sauce and corn pudding.

Last night was a pan seared chicken breast served over a roasted romaine salad with cranberries and roasted almonds and fig balsamic vinegar. A roasted fennel and orange salad over top with an Anjou pear vinaigrette.

Made some veal marsala and paired it with a Gran Reserva Rioja. Excellent Pairing.

Goodness gracious I've been missing delicious dishes! Da Fiddla might like the experiments I've done this week. I mostly grill steak, so I tried a topping of blue cheese and it was delish! I wanted pot pie, but didn't want to make pastry and I wanted soup because of the chill, so today I made chicken pot pie soup!

A friend sent me this recipe which I just made, delish!

IMPOSSIBLE PIE~~

All the ingredients are mixed together and poured into a pie tin, but when it cooks it forms its own crust with filling This has a coconut vanilla taste like a coconut cream pie

Ingredients
    2 cups milk
    1 cup shredded coconut
    4 eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 cup all purpose flour
    8 Tablespoon butter
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions
    Place milk, coconut, eggs, vanilla, flour, butter and sugar in blender. Mix well.
    Pour into a greased and floured pie plate. Sprinkle nutmeg on top.
    Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

(pour it in the pan on the oven rack so you don't spill it all over the oven door like I did!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    Spam......the new "read" meat.
    steak is my spam, since I stock up on sale and eat it almost daily for less than hamburger!

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    I mostly grill steak, so I tried a topping of blue cheese and it was delish! I wanted pot pie, but didn't want to make pastry and I wanted soup because of the chill, so today I made chicken pot pie soup!

steak is my spam, since I stock up on sale and eat it almost daily for less than hamburger!
    Wow, looks really good. Thanks for the pic. I've gotta try this in the next week or so. Yum. I'd be interested in variants with less sugar (as mentioned in tonights smoke) too as I eat somewhat similarly (meat/ seafood, min carb/ min sugar.) Keeps me in fighting shape . Thx. Have to try using more blue cheese too on my steaks. Good suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirston View Post
    Wow, looks really good. Thanks for the pic. I've gotta try this in the next week or so. Yum. I'd be interested in variants with less sugar (as mentioned in tonights smoke) too as I eat somewhat similarly (meat/ seafood, min carb/ min sugar.) Keeps me in fighting shape . Thx. Have to try using more blue cheese too on my steaks. Good suggestion.
    We have the same diet so will let you know! As flake coconut is sweetened, I'm thinking it will add enough sweet (acceptable for diabetics?).

I did make a modification, which I don't do the first time with a bake, but I did added more coconut and topped it more 3/4 into the bake. I was also going to do the sweet & condensed substitution, as usually have it on hand, as that will make it easier by eliminating an ingredient (sugar, as it is in the s&c milk).

Funny, I hate blue cheese but apparently like it with beef! I had a slider awhile back and was surprised by it, so I got it to try and make my own. Since I hadn't, and had the cheese, I tried it on the steak.

This is how the pie looked per the recipe, before I topped it:

Dinner last night was tuna scallopini with a fennel, pomegranate vinegarette paired well with an Austrian Gruner Veltliner.

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast