Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Any home brewers out there?

This is a discussion on Any home brewers out there? within the Food, Wine, & Spirits Forum forums, part of the Non Cigar Related Specialty Forums category; So as of late it seems Im either sitting here reading Puff or smoking a stogie while Im on Homebrewtalk.com. ...

HIM

Any home brewers out there?

So as of late it seems Im either sitting here reading Puff or smoking a stogie while Im on Homebrewtalk.com. Between that and the Blood orange ginger IPA I have aging on spanish cedar from Liga boxes right now in my carboy, it made me wonder..... how many homebrewers are here on puff besides my self?

My next project is to start making a Brown ale and RIS to pair well with my favorite cigars. As well as adding good cigar and beer pairings to this thread....The Great HBT Stogie Thread - Home Brew Forums and reviewing a new craft beer about once a week, the link for that is in my signature.
    Yeasty Airlocks And Carboys Full Of Ale!!

Re: Any home brewers out there?

I know a lot who do, but don't do it myself. I sure drink a lot of beer though...

I do, I do!

Also, Brewshooter on here (shooter on HBT).

I've never made any beer with cedar, but Cigar City in FL has one that I tried, interesting to say the least.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Hi Cole, I used to brew years ago, but with family and work and ........ that all kind of went by the wayside. Now that the kids are grown and (almost) gone, I've in the last year started making wine. My wife and I made an awesome batch (30 gal=140ish bottles) of Old Vine Zin last fall/winter, and are working on a cab for this year. And I just recently picked up a couple carboy's to get back into brewing. Beer and stogies go so well together.
    Say yah, eh

I have brewed a few batches and trying to get back into it. I plan on ordering some corny's soon.
    Boycotting Dr. Pepper cause they killed Dublin Dr.Pepper

I brew as well though I only brew extract or partial grains due to time constraints. Today a favourite stout of mine is going to be bottled & I'm looking to put down a pils for the coming heat. Eat, drink, smoke, be merry ( or Mary depending on your mood).
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

i'm a homebrewer as well. i've really declined this year on batches (haven't brewed since April) due to a busy year, but the cooler weather has me hankering for a brew day again.

cole & jeff, i'm on HBT also (android), don't spend quite as much time there nowadays since PUFF came along!!!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Yep gotta love the homebrew. I've been a bit lacks on batches for the last few months. Hankering to get an Irish Ale on, then a Spiced Dark Ale for winter and a Pils if I can get the right setup. Happy brewing!
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

does being a wannabe hombrewer count? lol just looking to get started, hopefully soon.
    you should see a dr for erections lasting longer than 4 hours, does that apply to e-peens as well?

MWM's King of Funk Brettanomyces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kapathy View Post
    does being a wannabe hombrewer count? lol just looking to get started, hopefully soon.
    Hells yes, get in on the action! When I find some free time in the next month, I'm trying my hand at a lambic with the aged hops Ian sent me from the NST. I haven't brewed in 2 months, sadly, as work and weather have coordinated their anger upon me in the worst way recently. Ugh.

Getting ready to bottle my first attempt on Monday!

MWM's King of Funk Brettanomyces's Avatar

Good job, Matt. Keep us updated with how it goes.

Also, at this point, be patient. This is, literally, the worst time in a homebrewer's career: waiting for the first batch to carbonate. Once you get a pipeline going, you can enjoy a previous batch while waiting for the current one to condition, but not in that first batch. Keep strong, brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Brettanomyces View Post
    Hells yes, get in on the action! When I find some free time in the next month, I'm trying my hand at a lambic with the aged hops Ian sent me from the NST. I haven't brewed in 2 months, sadly, as work and weather have coordinated their anger upon me in the worst way recently. Ugh.
    I just finished running a gas line out to my garage so I can brew without weather issues. hopefully within a month or 2 ill have everything I want/need.
    you should see a dr for erections lasting longer than 4 hours, does that apply to e-peens as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Brettanomyces View Post
    Good job, Matt. Keep us updated with how it goes.

Also, at this point, be patient. This is, literally, the worst time in a homebrewer's career: waiting for the first batch to carbonate. Once you get a pipeline going, you can enjoy a previous batch while waiting for the current one to condition, but not in that first batch. Keep strong, brother!

Lol. Yea, I figure that would be the worst part. Luckily I planned a head and stocked my fridge with some favs

I'll be sure to update in a couple weeks when it's good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by kapathy View Post
    hopefully within a month or 2 ill have everything I want/need.
    Do you reeaaally believe that? You know it's gonna be another slope.

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast