Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can I ship Liquids via USPS Mail Services? What Do I Say When They Ask?

This is a discussion on Can I ship Liquids via USPS Mail Services? What Do I Say When They Ask? within the Food, Wine, & Spirits Forum forums, part of the Non Cigar Related Specialty Forums category; I have never shipped anything with liquids ... I know they ask every time I ship something if it contains ...

Central Cali Cigar Crew falconman515's Avatar

Can I ship Liquids via USPS Mail Services? What Do I Say When They Ask?

I have never shipped anything with liquids ... I know they ask every time I ship something if it contains anything liquid, hazardous or perishable.

I am shipping out a secret Santa package that contains a couple containers of liquid (alcohol) ... they are both sealed in jars with a security ring and have been wrapped fully in bubble wrap and in enclosed in a zip-lock bag so no leakage will occur if they break somehow (doubt it cause this entire box is chucked Full of bubble wrap).

So what do I say when they ask this at the PO?

If I tell them their is liquid to cover myself what do they do?

I assume I should tell them just in case correct?

I have read some sites and it says to secure the liquid which I have and tell them so they can mark the package 'fragile with liquids'.

Any suggestions here or information would be great.

Thanks so much,

Chris

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Re: Can I ship Liquids via USPS Mail Services? What Do I Say When They Ask?

Mark the box fragile yourself.

"Any liquids or perishables?" No.

Done.
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

use click n ship no questions asked. Just package good and drop off at po.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader teedles915's Avatar

The gentleman working the counter at the local PO told me that liquids were OK to ship, as long as they were not compressed.

Do not tell them you're shipping alcohol. Package it very well and make sure glass isn't touching glass. I personally use FedEx or UPS when shipping bottles...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish aaron72's Avatar

You could tell them it's lube, bubble bath, apple cider, whatever floats your boat that isn't illegal.

Central Cali Cigar Crew falconman515's Avatar

Ya its actually a drink called Apple Pie .... So really I'm just gonna tell them it's and apple cider Christmas drink.

So but I should tell them I have liquids in the box correct?

Mark the box fragile and say "Yes" when they ask about liquids. They shouldn't ask what it is or least our usps workers never have. Just bubble wrap the bottles and try to forget about it!

If you tell them it is alcohol they won't ship it, but liquids in general they will.
    "A fine cigar should fall apart in your hands like a neurotic woman!" - Fernando

I'm watching you.

Don't go to the PO, have them pick up at your house. No question asked
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Quote Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
    Ya its actually a drink called Apple Pie .... So really I'm just gonna tell them it's and apple cider Christmas drink.

So but I should tell them I have liquids in the box correct?
    this is what i always do, and have done it many times:

when/if they ask, just say, "yes, there are liquids, they are each self contained and packed very well with bubble wrap."

when/if they ask, "what kind of liquid is it?" my reply is, "condiments. bbq sauce, etc."

but, all the other suggestions will work too, such as "lube" as Aaron said...

if they don't ask, don't say anything.

Alpha Puffer Fish

bottom line - if they ask if there are any liquids - the answer is "no" - they cannot open the box
    be sure to put bottles in double zip locks and wrap in bubble wrap - box should be big enough and packed tight with decent packing material - if you can't do that then don't ship liquids...

Leading Puffer Fish Lopezoscar03's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by android View Post
    this is what i always do, and have done it many times:

when/if they ask, just say, "yes, there are liquids, they are each self contained and packed very well with bubble wrap."

when/if they ask, "what kind of liquid is it?" my reply is, "condiments. bbq sauce, etc."

but, all the other suggestions will work too, such as "lube" as Aaron said...

if they don't ask, don't say anything.
    I like this idea.
    You could always tell them its a snow globe gift
    first pass of the year everyone!!! everyone join and lets have some fun
    http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-...r-fun-pas.html

Alpha Puffer Fish

problem is - postal workers make it up as they go along - I've seen members post about their problems in other states that I've never had with my locals.
    POINT - postal workers feel self-empowered to make judgement calls at their own discretion - if they give you crap about your package - take it to another post office - they won;t ask a question.

People act like there are some sort of exact regulations these people are highly trained to demonstrate - B.S.

take it in in the morning they refuse - take it in in the afternoon and they take it
    get one person they take it - go go to the next window and they don't

just mail the box!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teedles915 View Post
    The gentleman working the counter at the local PO told me that liquids were OK to ship, as long as they were not compressed.

Didja axe him how ya compress a liquid?
    THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

Here here. Bubble bath and body lotion is my standard reply. If you tell them it has liquid and it is taped shut inside a ziploc bag, you will have no issues. I don't suggest telling them no liquid and then watch them gently shake the package and tell you there is a liquid inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron72 View Post
    You could tell them it's lube, bubble bath, apple cider, whatever floats your boat that isn't illegal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast