Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Pepper Heads?

This is a discussion on Pepper Heads? within the Food, Wine, & Spirits Forum forums, part of the Non Cigar Related Specialty Forums category; I love the flavor of Habs. I bet a hab ipa would be killer, at least for a whackjob like ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish edwardsdigital's Avatar

Re: Pepper Heads?

I love the flavor of Habs. I bet a hab ipa would be killer, at least for a whackjob like me. It would probably just kill most normal people!

Puffer Fish with many spikes pippin925's Avatar

There was a post earlier in this thread recommending Dave's Insanity sauce and I happened to see some on the shelf of a local store over the weekend so decided to pick some up and give it a try for myself. Finally got around to opening it last night and it's a really good sauce. Lot's of heat, but excellent flavor. Here's a pic, if you haven't tried it yet, its worth buying.
    Name:  pepper.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  65.5 KB

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish edwardsdigital's Avatar

When I worked at a deli, we used to joke around with Dave's insanity by putting a dab on a toothpick and running it around the inside of each others drink straws. After a while we all started replacing our straws if we walked away from our drinks for more than a second. Ahh... the good old days

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsdigital View Post
    When I worked at a deli, we used to joke around with Dave's insanity by putting a dab on a toothpick and running it around the inside of each others drink straws. After a while we all started replacing our straws if we walked away from our drinks for more than a second. Ahh... the good old days
    That's funny. Its some wicked hot sauce.

HIM

I've still yet to try it but from all the reviews I've read it sounds really damn good.

On a different note, my cayennes have been loaded with peppers lately. My Trinidad Scorpion too, hopefully I'll get some peppers from it this season.
    Yeasty Airlocks And Carboys Full Of Ale!!

Quote Originally Posted by HIM View Post

On a different note, my cayennes have been loaded with peppers lately. My Trinidad Scorpion too, hopefully I'll get some peppers from it this season.
    Took your earlier advice on feeding and now my Habs and jalapeņo plants are loaded with flowers. Looks good so far, hoping for a decent output from them this season.

HIM

Thats awesome man I'm glad to hear I could help. Give the plants a gentle shake to help the flowers pollinate themselves. I usually just softly kick the container a few times. If you notice your flowers arent dropping fruit then give em a light epsom salt feeding. Great thing for you and I is we can pretty much continue to grow and harvest peppers year round.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ezlevor's Avatar

So, I ran out to the local Mexican grocery store and picked up some jalapenos for some grilled poppers and have since decided to skip growing them this year. They have some of the biggest and best looking peppers I've seen at a store... and they're pretty cheap! We're still going to have a garden with some other things... but mostly herbs and stuff that we'll use on a daily basis... since my wife isn't a spicy fan.

Anyway... I cleaned out the jalapenos, filled them with cream cheese mixed with monterey jack cheese, wrapped them in bacon and threw them on the grill. They were wonderful.

HIM

That sounds delicious!!! You have to try it with maple bacon.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ezlevor's Avatar

I need to tweak it a bit... I only had thick cut bacon and it was a pain to wrap em up and took too long to crisp up nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ezlevor View Post
    I need to tweak it a bit... I only had thick cut bacon and it was a pain to wrap em up and took too long to crisp up nice.
    Even with regular cut bacon I partially cook it before wrapping my poppers. Bacon never seems to cook enough for me if I wrap it raw. All I started seasoning the cheese a Lillie to add some flavor. Seasoning salt and garlic powder plus chopped scallions works well. If I have rub mixed up I add that instead.

ISO Tat Jibarro,Maravilla whodeeni's Avatar

Hate I missed this Cole. If you ever decide to do a round 2, please let me know.
    If smoking cigars is on the "Darkside".... I don't think i'll ever see the "Light!!!

HIM

Will do. My cayennes have been loaded with peppers so I'm either going to make some sauce, probably something similar to Crystal, or a spice rub. Eventually I'll be getting around to ordering some trinidad scorpion pods so I'll be making a scorpion sauce too. That one will probably only go out to those that are really into super hot stuff though.

Full grown Puffer Fish ColdSmoker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HIM View Post
    Thats awesome man I'm glad to hear I could help. Give the plants a gentle shake to help the flowers pollinate themselves. I usually just softly kick the container a few times. If you notice your flowers arent dropping fruit then give em a light epsom salt feeding. Great thing for you and I is we can pretty much continue to grow and harvest peppers year round.
    I'm super jealous of that...our growing season is quite short for peppers. It was 38 last night I still have to wait another month before I can plant anything. Is there any benefit to buying starters compared to growing from seed? Does anyone have seeds to spare?

HIM

The peppers I've gotten from my plants are bigger and yielding more than my friends, who's bought his from Home Depot. I ordered mine from PepperJoes. You also have the option if more variety if you order seeds. I can send you a bunch of the cayennes I have. For other stuff though I'd check out PepperJoes dot com. He's got a lot of really good pepper varieties and his seeds are pretty cheap. He also sells seeds for sweet peppers and some pretty cool types of tomatoes.
    I don't know if you have the space but you can always start them indoors. I've got a friend that lives in Rochester and he starts them indoors then brings em out around this time of year.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast