Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Pepper Heads?

This is a discussion on Pepper Heads? within the Food, Wine, & Spirits Forum forums, part of the Non Cigar Related Specialty Forums category; Originally Posted by edwardsdigital Peppers getting picked tonight!!!!! Hmmmm.... What to do with some of them... Use some to make ...

HIM

Re: Pepper Heads?

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsdigital View Post
    Peppers getting picked tonight!!!!! Hmmmm.... What to do with some of them...
    Use some to make fritters!

Quote Originally Posted by ColdSmoker View Post
    What do you guys think of this recipe? cayenne pepper sauce. It seems super simple, almost too much so. But if you have good fresh peppers I bet it will work out pretty good..
    Most hot sauce recipes are usually pretty simple and only use peppers, salt, and vinegar. That one looks solid but I'd use vinegar instead of water. You can add other stuff too if you want. Carrots, honey, citrus juice, cilantro, onions, ginger... all work good in hot sauces. Get creative its pretty hard to go wrong lol.
    Yeasty Airlocks And Carboys Full Of Ale!!

HIM

Double post

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HIM View Post
    Theres an authentic Thai restaurant down here that grows their own Thai chilies and the food is amazing! I'm one of the few people they'll actually cook the food for thats as spicy as the chef, born and raised in Thailand, eats her food. They call it Dow spicy lol. I sweat like crazy and I love every bit of it. Tom Kha Ghai is the best thing in the world when you have a cold.

Thats a funny story. I love when people act tuff and have no clue the hellfire some superhots can pack. Respect the chili lol.

Any chance I could send you some cigars for some of those Moruga or Viper seeds? I killed my scorp plant in the process of moving.
    Ill send you some when I get my last peppers off the plant. I left a few on each plant to get really nice and fat and do their thing naturally just for seed purposes. For those I like to see them split before pulling them.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

HIM

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Ill send you some when I get my last peppers off the plant. I left a few on each plant to get really nice and fat and do their thing naturally just for seed purposes. For those I like to see them split before pulling them.
    I appreciate the generosity, thanks a ton! I'll send you some sauce when I harvest some pods.

Tim it looks like he's hookin me up with some seeds but if you'd still like to share some of those killer pods I won't stop you lol.

Puffer Fish with many spikes JKlavins's Avatar

I do enjoy the spicier of the spicy peppers, I have some hot sauce with Naga Jolokia, Blair's Ultra Death sauce, I believe. I use crazy small batch hot sauces whenever I can, and find regular wing sauces to be pretty weak. I recently heard that the Jolokia is NOT the hottest anymore, and was wondering if you guys knew any readily available sauces with the scorpion pepper?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish edwardsdigital's Avatar

I have scorpions fermenting now. A buddy of mine made the mash and said he didnt want anything to do with it cause its too damn hot. I have 3 or 4 months to think about how I want to do the sauce....

Cole..... better line your mailbox with asbestos bud......

HIM

Quote Originally Posted by JKlavins View Post
    I do enjoy the spicier of the spicy peppers, I have some hot sauce with Naga Jolokia, Blair's Ultra Death sauce, I believe. I use crazy small batch hot sauces whenever I can, and find regular wing sauces to be pretty weak. I recently heard that the Jolokia is NOT the hottest anymore, and was wondering if you guys knew any readily available sauces with the scorpion pepper?
    They have a few here...

Trinidad Scorpion Hot Sauces

Haven't personally tried any of them but I've heard they aren't as hot as they should be for being scorpion based sauces. Not sure what to make of that though.

HIM

I have scorpions fermenting now. A buddy of mine made the mash and said he didnt want anything to do with it cause its too damn hot. I have 3 or 4 months to think about how I want to do the sauce....

Cole..... better line your mailbox with asbestos bud......
    Tim your a class act and a gentleman. I'm as excited as can be and think I'll start stocking up on TP now lol. Thanks a ton man!!

Quote Originally Posted by KcJason1 View Post
    I wouldn't mind trying some if you have a couple extra to spare... I could even toss some Lappal your way for shipping or whatever you feel is appropriate.
    Tim your a class act and a gentleman. I'm as excited as can be and think I'll start stocking up on TP now lol. Thanks a ton man!!

I will pick the peppers in the next few days to ship out, I had a friend die last night in the hospital so I have a few things I need to take care of for his mother this weekend. I guess I have 2 more packages to send out with this batch

Jason and Cole should begin to prepare..... I would appreciate a PM from you two with a mailing address this weekend and I will get you the conf #'s when the fire is on its way.

HIM

I will pick the peppers in the next few days to ship out, I had a friend die last night in the hospital so I have a few things I need to take care of for his mother this weekend. I guess I have 2 more packages to send out with this batch

Jason and Cole should begin to prepare..... I would appreciate a PM from you two with a mailing address this weekend and I will get you the conf #'s when the fire is on its way.
    I'm sorry for your loss. Get to this when you get to it you've definitely got more important priorities than myself.

King of All Puffer Fish KcJason1's Avatar

No worries man, Sorry about your loss... Take care of yourself and his family first.
    Jason
    If you have to ask, It's probably fake!

Full grown Puffer Fish ColdSmoker's Avatar

Half pound of cayennes and a couple habaneros. Half sweet onion. 2 small carrots. Garlic clove. Tbl lime juice. 1 1/4 TBS kosher salt. 1 1/2 cups water. 3/4 cup white vinegar. 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. Simmered for an hour. 1 1/4 TBS powder pectin mixed in while cooling. Blended on purée. Filtered through mesh strainer using sauce spoon. Great looking sauce!

Quote Originally Posted by KcJason1 View Post
    No worries man
    Thanks a ton man!!
    Break out your best asbestos suits and get ready... firebombs on the way for both of you!! arrival should be Monday!!

HIM

Quote Originally Posted by ColdSmoker View Post
    Half pound of cayennes and a couple habaneros. Half sweet onion. 2 small carrots. Garlic clove. Tbl lime juice. 1 1/4 TBS kosher salt. 1 1/2 cups water. 3/4 cup white vinegar. 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. Simmered for an hour. 1 1/4 TBS powder pectin mixed in while cooling. Blended on purée. Filtered through mesh strainer using sauce spoon. Great looking sauce!
    Looks really good. I usually don't strain mine though. Then again I like a thick sauce.

HIM

Break out your best asbestos suits and get ready... firebombs on the way for both of you!! arrival should be Monday!!
    Have a feeling the mailmans hands are gonna be napalmed when he shows up!! Thanks a ton man, I promise you won't see me on YouTube crying like a girl and chugging milk lol.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast