Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 67

RUM

This is a discussion on RUM within the Food, Wine, & Spirits Forum forums, part of the Non Cigar Related Specialty Forums category; I cant really help on that one because I haven't had ANY of the La Gloria's. The Zacapa is a ...

  
  1. #16

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish edwardsdigital's Avatar


     

    Re: RUM

    I cant really help on that one because I haven't had ANY of the La Gloria's. The Zacapa is a fairly delicate palate, so if you are just sipping it straight with a cigar I dont think it will over power the smoke. This Goslings I'm sipping on the other hand is HEAVY on the flavor (quite a bit of molasses comes through).

  2. #17

    Full grown Puffer Fish Regiampiero's Avatar


     

    Re: RUM

    Quote Originally Posted by edwardsdigital View Post
    I haven't had ANY of the La Gloria's.
    Forget the rum, we need to fix this first. Some one hook this man up with a series R! Its the best non-cuban stick La Gloria makes IMO. I always have a box of #5 and #6 laying around. If you're a fan of full body cigars try one, you won't regret it.

    Now back to rum. I'll probably go for the Goslings given that a sweet liquor always goes really well with a full strength cigar.

  3. #18

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish edwardsdigital's Avatar


     

    Re: RUM

    It was fairly good, I need to sit down and really taste it on the next glass to see what I can pull out of it. I paid $22 for the 750ml bottle, so its not too bad on the price either. The capt. Morgan Private Stock is pretty good at around the same price point.

  4. #19

    HIM
    HIM is offline
    Don't Be A Patzer HIM's Avatar


     

    Re: RUM

    Goslings and ginger ale... Dark and stormy. Haven't had one if those in a while. Goslings IMO is a very sweet rum. If your looking for something spicier look for a spiced rum. Maybe something like Flor De Caņa Gold. It's a Nicaraguan rum that's pretty tasty and won't break the bank either.
    Yeasty Airlocks And Carboys Full Of Ale!!

  5. #20

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish edwardsdigital's Avatar


     

    Re: RUM

    Quote Originally Posted by HIM View Post
    Goslings and ginger ale... Dark and stormy. Haven't had one if those in a while. Goslings IMO is a very sweet rum. If your looking for something spicier look for a spiced rum. Maybe something like Flor De Caņa Gold. It's a Nicaraguan rum that's pretty tasty and won't break the bank either.
    I picked up a bottle of goslings ginger beer with the rum Had a dark and stormy just now with an RP Decade.... very nice pair I must say.

  6. #21

    HIM
    HIM is offline
    Don't Be A Patzer HIM's Avatar


     

    Re: RUM

    Well played sir!!
    Yeasty Airlocks And Carboys Full Of Ale!!

  7. #22

    Full grown Puffer Fish


     

    Re: RUM

    Iv got a bottal of pyrat any opinions on that.
    glade to see everyone enjoying this thread

  8. #23

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish edwardsdigital's Avatar


     

    Re: RUM

    @Jasonx250z Its a thread about RUM... Whats not to enjoy ????

  9. #24

    Full grown Puffer Fish Blue Raccoon's Avatar


     

    Re: RUM

    Quote Originally Posted by edwardsdigital View Post
    I picked up a bottle of goslings ginger beer with the rum Had a dark and stormy just now with an RP Decade.... very nice pair I must say.
    flying down to FL tomorrow now I know what I'll be stopping for. my wife and daughter drove down a couple of weeks ago and they stopped into JR's and picked up a box of the series R's for me.

    has anyone tried any of the Dogfish Head rums?

  10. #25

    Full grown Puffer Fish Regiampiero's Avatar


     

    Re: RUM

    So I was going to buy that bottle of Zacappa or Goslings over the weekend to bring over my cousin's house, but he told me that he wanted to open a bottle he got in the Caribbean so I didn't. I don't know if the rum he put out is considered good stuff or not, but I liked it a lot. Its called Rum Jumbie and it comes in a weird looking bottle (see picture). It was very sweet, but with a good a mount of spice. I think it would go great with a full body cigar that is heavy on the pepper. I was just curious to see if any of you have ever drink this stuff and what you thought of it.

    Name:  Rum.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  65.1 KB
    Last edited by Regiampiero; 05-13-2013 at 06:14 PM.

  11. #26

    Full grown Puffer Fish


     

    Re: RUM

    Quote Originally Posted by Regiampiero View Post
    So I was going to buy that bottle of Zacappa or Goslings over the weekend to bring over my cousin's house, but he told me that he wanted to open a bottle he got in the Caribbean so I didn't. I don't know if the rum he put out is considered good stuff or not, but I liked it a lot. Its called Rum Jumbie and it comes in a weird looking bottle (see picture). It was very sweet, but with a good a mount of spice. I think it would go great with a full body cigar that is heavy on the pepper. I was just curious to see if any of you have ever drink this stuff and what you thought of it.

    Name:  Rum.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  65.1 KB
    . It is actually is a Liqueur it come in many different flavors. hum interesting its has won several awards for best rum Liqueur. it distilled from molasses seem to me that would be since it won awards from 2009 and 2007 so don't believe it to be bad but really its up to to individual person should say if its bad or good. if u like it u like it ur, ur own judge. Also if u are looking for more u can find it in the u.s.a too I can pm some places to order hope this helps
    Last edited by Jasonx250z; 05-13-2013 at 08:01 PM.
    just keep on puffin

  12. #27

    Full grown Puffer Fish


     

    Re: RUM

    Hurm I got an itchy trigger finger I found heard about about this stuff Don Q Grand Anejo
    Last edited by Jasonx250z; 05-13-2013 at 08:04 PM.
    just keep on puffin

  13. #28

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish crgcpro's Avatar


     

    Re: RUM

    I just got my bottles of Veradero 7 year and Legendario 7 year old in the mail today from Johnny O. I'll be cracking one of them open tomorrow night.

  14. #29

    Full grown Puffer Fish


     

    Re: RUM

    Quote Originally Posted by crgcpro View Post
    I just got my bottles of Veradero 7 year and Legendario 7 year old in the mail today from Johnny O. I'll be cracking one of them open tomorrow night.
    Got to fill me in on how u find it. I'm on the hunt for good rums Tim got me started with Rum lol, there like fine scotch. I find them to be smoother on palate when having a full bodied cigar. Instead of palate numb from high proof wiskies.
    just keep on puffin

  15. #30

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish crgcpro's Avatar


     

    Re: RUM

    You can get them from Johnny O. He posts lists at Onlinehumidor - home and All Classifieds - Classifieds - GarTrader.

    He also sells custom rolls that are very good. I got a bundle of Flying Pigs from him with the rum today.

    Pro

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •