Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

RUM

This is a discussion on RUM within the Food, Wine, & Spirits Forum forums, part of the Non Cigar Related Specialty Forums category; I'm a new to rum. a wiskey man by heart and wanna lean some stuff about rum cough cough Tim ...

Full grown Puffer Fish

RUM

I'm a new to rum. a wiskey man by heart and wanna lean some stuff about rum cough cough Tim here u go
    Last edited by Jasonx250z; 05-09-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish edwardsdigital's Avatar

Re: RUM

Smart Ass.... Rum is GOOD... Whiskey is BAD... I'll do a decent post when I get the chance, but I am at work now and dont have the time.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

I've tried to convert, but... I too am a RUM guy!
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by fuente~fuente View Post
    I've tried to convert, but... I too am a RUM guy!

Full grown Puffer Fish

Y yes, yes I'm, I'm good at wat I do.

Full grown Puffer Fish

I'm thinking about picking up a good bottle after I goo to b&m so som suggestions pls and yes rum is good

Either of the Ron Zacapa rums you can find are good sipping rums(RZ 23 is ~$50 / RZ XO is ~$100). For a cheaper spiced rum I go for Bacardi Oak Heart ($16) , but Capt. Morgan Private Stock ($25) is good too. I hear Bacardi 8 and Pussers are good, but I havent tried those yet.

HIM

Private Stock is good for the price. Sailor Jerry's not bad either. Pussers aint bad but its better with coke IMO unless you get the higher end stuff. Bacardi Anejo is kind of on that same level. The Kraken is worth trying as is Cockspur Fine Rum. Ive personally enjoyed everything Ive tried from Ron Centenario. Ive heard that real Havana Club from Cuba is delicious but have never tried it.
    Yeasty Airlocks And Carboys Full Of Ale!!

Zacapa, Zaya, Diplomatico, Pyrat.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish crgcpro's Avatar

Havana Club, Veradero if you can get them

Diplomatico, Zacapa, Kraken if you can't get the ISOM's.

I decided to pick up a bottle of goslings black seal on the way home tonight. I just poured a glass and it has a hell of a dark and ominous look to it (who knew the bottle is actually clear!) I am still trying to place the flavors, but it is definitely a complex palate, and the nose is sweet and rich.

This is a nice way to end the day.

Name:  DSCN0009.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  45.7 KB

Is the attachment showing for you????
    Last edited by edwardsdigital; 05-09-2013 at 06:15 PM. Reason: where be my picture???

Full grown Puffer Fish Regiampiero's Avatar

I'm a noob to Rum (I'm more of a cognac kind of guy), but I would like to try a good spicy, yet sweet rum. I've heard of all the ones you guys have mentioned, but what should I start out with? Also keep in mind I want to try it this weekend, so no brands that might require shipping. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Regiampiero View Post
    I'm a noob to Rum (I'm more of a cognac kind of guy), but I would like to try a good spicy, yet sweet rum. I've heard of all the ones you guys have mentioned, but what should I start out with? Also keep in mind I want to try it this weekend, so no brands that might require shipping. Thanks
    I see Zacapa 23, Bacardi 8 and Bacardi Anejo almost everywhere I stop around here. You should be able to find most of the ones mentioned so far at almost any decent liquor store. The Havana Club.... I really doubt you will find that anywhere you will visit this weekend.

Full grown Puffer Fish Regiampiero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsdigital View Post
    I see Zacapa 23, Bacardi 8 and Bacardi Anejo almost everywhere I stop around here. You should be able to find most of the ones mentioned so far at almost any decent liquor store. The Havana Club.... I really doubt you will find that anywhere you will visit this weekend.
    OK. Which one do you think would pair best with a La Gloria Series R #5 ? As I've said, I'm going in totally blind here.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast