Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Single Malt Scotch of Choice

This is a discussion on Single Malt Scotch of Choice within the Food, Wine, & Spirits Forum forums, part of the Non Cigar Related Specialty Forums category; Depends on the night. Can't imagine having the same one on a real regular basis with all the choices out ...

Re: Single Malt Scotch of Choice

Depends on the night. Can't imagine having the same one on a real regular basis with all the choices out there. Especially now that there are some good one's coming out of places like Japan, Ireland, Taiwan and India . I know these aren't "single malt scotch", but that's just a matter of semantics.

Young Fish

All time favorite is Macallan 18, but at the rate I drink scotch that would bankrupt me fairly quickly. More reasonably priced, non "special occasion" favorites are Oban & Highland Park.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ten08's Avatar

Glad to see this one bumped again.

I fell in love with my first dram of Caol Ila 12yr -- IMO a more balanced, subtle Islay (if such a thing exists). My wife, who is not a whisky drinker, had a taste and said she'd like to have it again sometime. Which is good news bc she'll be more agreeable with me buying a bottle, but bad news bc I'll have to share and it won't last as long. meh, better than none at all I guess. Aren't I just the sweetest?

Currently into a fantastic bottle: Laphroaig Quarter Cask -- mmm lawdy, that finish goes on for dayyyys.

Young Fish

Oops...didn't realize this thread was nearly a year old when I replied, but hopeful it picks up again -- always looking for new scotch to try!

Puffer Fish with many spikes nfusion770's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mellow625 View Post
    All time favorite is Macallan 18, but at the rate I drink scotch that would bankrupt me fairly quickly. More reasonably priced, non "special occasion" favorites are Oban & Highland Park.
    Macallan 18 is one I have always wanted to try, I should probably pick up a case.... or maybe just a bottle .

There are only a few I haven't really liked but the fav's are Lagavulin 16 and more recently Highland Park 18. I picked up a bottle of the latter 2 or 3 weeks ago and noticed there is only about a quarter of it left. Damn it, how does that happen?
    He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

Puffer Fish with many spikes GoJohnnyGo's Avatar

My current favorite is ardbeg corryvecken. I like pretty much any Islay. For lighter, sweeter whiskey I like bourbon. But, unless its poured for me I stick to Islay scotches.

these are my choices, Glenlivet 12 yrs, Glenfiddich 12 yrs, Balvenie 12 yrs
    Name:  IMG_0897.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  67.4 KB

Puffer Fish with many spikes nfusion770's Avatar

I have a bottle of that too- very good. A little smokier than Lagavulin even.

Quote Originally Posted by GoJohnnyGo View Post
    My current favorite is ardbeg corryvecken. I like pretty much any Islay. For lighter, sweeter whiskey I like bourbon. But, unless its poured for me I stick to Islay scotches.
    He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

Didn't read through this whole thread, but even if someone already mentioned it, it needs mentioning again: Aberlour A'Bunadh. Such good stuff and reasonably priced.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Depends on the day amrut fusion is on of my al Tim fave glenfarglass laphroig cask strength no and blend but it to goo not to mention black bull those are my single that r my go to wiskies when I'm not feeling Like bourbon maccallan cask strength is also another good one for power house cigar lol those two collide good luck getting up after a few drama

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19