Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Anyone playing Elder Scrolls Online?

This is a discussion on Anyone playing Elder Scrolls Online? within the Gamers Forum forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I'm a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series so I of course jumped on bored. Pretty nice so far. ...

Maturing Puffer Fish

Anyone playing Elder Scrolls Online?

I'm a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series so I of course jumped on bored. Pretty nice so far.

Anyone else playing?

Re: Anyone playing Elder Scrolls Online?

I haven't played Elder Scrolls since Morrowind, and I miss it. I may have to look into this one.
    To smoke is human; to smoke cigars, divine.

I have only played Skyrim, am starting Oblivion.

Trust Me, I'm Not Lion SeanTheEvans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laynard View Post
    I haven't played Elder Scrolls since Morrowind, and I miss it. I may have to look into this one.
    Same boat. Recently just tried out Skyrim, but only went through the little introduction part. Morrowind was my shizz though.

How does the online work? Subscription? Or just get the game? I'm kind of bitter about game servers ever since Nintendo killed Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii in a move to force people to upgrade to Wii U. Ballz that.
    I <3 Cigars

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTheEvans View Post
    Same boat. Recently just tried out Skyrim, but only went through the little introduction part. Morrowind was my shizz though.

How does the online work? Subscription? Or just get the game? I'm kind of bitter about game servers ever since Nintendo killed Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii in a move to force people to upgrade to Wii U. Ballz that.
    I think its a yearly sub.

I haven't played MH3 for like a year (or more). That sucks! Nintendo is shooting themselves in the foot with every move they make. But, that's probably a topic for a different thread. Sorry to thread jack.
    To smoke is human; to smoke cigars, divine.

Full grown Puffer Fish syphon101's Avatar

I did get a Beta Invite for it awhile back but couldn't get it to work on my desktop for some reason. I may have to give it anther try and check it out.

I love games, just hard to find the time to play more than one at a time :P

Maturing Puffer Fish

It's $50 for the game + monthly subscription fee of $15. The monthly fee is cheaper if you pay it by the quarter or year.

Quote Originally Posted by KS-Derek View Post
    It's $50 for the game + monthly subscription fee of $15. The monthly fee is cheaper if you pay it by the quarter or year.
    Ouch. I can't imagine I'll jump on that train. Looks like I'll just be playing CS forever, as I refuse to pay more to play a game I've already bought and paid for, although it seems to be the trend <inner gamer cries a single tear>
    I <3 Cigars

Puffer Fish with some spikes Gheldan's Avatar

I've played Morrowind through Skyrim and enjoyed them all. However I got selected to try out the Elder Scrolls Online beta and hated it. Nothing about it seemed to work, its graphics were worse than Skyrim's, you were supposed to be this magical chosen one but so was everyone else playing on the server at the same time. Honestly I think they should have just stuck with a single player experience. I mean it has kept them earning huge money for years if the formula wasn't broken why fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gheldan View Post
    I've played Morrowind through Skyrim and enjoyed them all. However I got selected to try out the Elder Scrolls Online beta and hated it. Nothing about it seemed to work, its graphics were worse than Skyrim's, you were supposed to be this magical chosen one but so was everyone else playing on the server at the same time. Honestly I think they should have just stuck with a single player experience. I mean it has kept them earning huge money for years if the formula wasn't broken why fix it?
    C.R.E.A.M.
    I <3 Cigars

Full grown Puffer Fish syphon101's Avatar

Ouch. I can't imagine I'll jump on that train. Looks like I'll just be playing CS forever, as I refuse to pay more to play a game I've already bought and paid for, although it seems to be the trend <inner gamer cries a single tear>
    Actually subscription based games is sort of an old model, most games are leaning towards free to play and have cash shops. They tend to make more money this way, it's strange that they decided to go this route.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheldan View Post
    I actually feel the opposite, I think the multiplayer aspect of MMO/RPG's are what make them great and I would of played Skyrim if it would of been multiplayer. While I haven't played ESO I've heard the graphics were beautiful. Maybe your issues had some thing to do with it still being in Beta? In my experience games this big are always buggy for quite some time, even after the beta. I imagine they'll make a lot more money this way.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by syphon101 View Post
    I actually feel the opposite, I think the multiplayer aspect of MMO/RPG's are what make them great and I would of played Skyrim if it would of been multiplayer. While I haven't played ESO I've heard the graphics were beautiful. Maybe your issues had some thing to do with it still being in Beta? In my experience games this big are always buggy for quite some time, even after the beta. I imagine they'll make a lot more money this way.
    I played a bit of the beta and now the release version. I'd say the graphics are on par with Skyrrim, maybe a bit lower if you applied the HD mod to Skyrim but ESO is still better looking then just about any MMORPG out there. The only issue I've had to date was slow load times shortly after release, which is to be expected. So far it hasn't crashed or bugged out or anything.

I love the social aspect of the game but could do without the fighting over ore nodes I will say this: crafting is pretty much a requirement unless you have a rich main supplying money and gear to an alt. If you go out adventuring with your starter weapon and an only one piece of armor you're not going to have a good time. I kinda like this part of ESO, adds a bit of realism to the game.

I played through the beta..was disappointed in the first weekend I participated. Really seemed they should have been farther along than they were at the time. It felt clunky and very slow then. It improved a large amount by the last beta weekend that had just recently, but I'd rather see how it fares for a short while before jumping in.

I don't feel the monthly subscription fee will be a lasting thing for the game, I think it'll slowly adapt to pay-perks and free connection like many other games are doing. Maybe not, but I just think they over-estimated the popularity of the series itself when formulating the pricing and connection for the game. We'll see.

Full grown Puffer Fish LandonColby's Avatar

Old thread, but I don't care

I'll be playing ESO on console. I was a tester for the beta and wasn't impressed, BUT...Bethesda has always came through for me in the end and as a long time fan of the Elder Scrolls I'm excited to play on the console as that's the control set up I'm used to, and I'm excited to play with other people who are also fans of the Elder Scrolls series. This is the first time in history we all get to play together rather than alone, and while I'm a huge pessimist and think the games are best as single player, I think in time Zenimax and Bethesda will figure it out through updates and give us the game we are dreaming of.
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
    -Bertrand Russell