Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Buzz/Dizzy after a smoke....

This is a discussion on Buzz/Dizzy after a smoke.... within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Hey gut it out like I do... Jerry "Dizzy" in Minnesota....

Re: Buzz/Dizzy after a smoke....

Hey gut it out like I do...

Jerry "Dizzy" in Minnesota.
    Proud Past Rider Of The Short Bus...

Nice article. Every once in a while I get caught off guard and feel a bit quesy. Its usually when I am really enjoying the flavor of the smoke and end up breathing too much of it in. That reminds me of the CAO Brazilia GOL which knocked me for a loop.

SvilleKid

Good info, Thanks.

I will have to heed the part about the sugar hit at the front end of the buzz. I have waited too long on a couple of occasions (at the end of the smoke). While the sugar at the end seems to limit or stop further problems, it does nothing for the stomach buterflies already kicking up.

About the best cure I've found for that is to get my fat .... up from my seat and walk around. Preferably in fresh air, outside. I would guess that blood circulation and energy expenditure washes the nicotine out of the system faster.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish BigDirtyFoot's Avatar

Wow, this is quite interesting. I did notice that when I drank sodas I was able to smoke cigars more easily, without stomach tightness. But when I stopped, it was because I felt I could taste the cigar better without other things interfering with the taste. I will have to try drinking sodas again with a cigar sometime soon.

While all this is great information, I must point out what truly works the very best:

I find that a sugar-laden drink such as Coke or 7-Up provides the desired bit of sweetness (sugar) to combat the situation.....However, when a large quantity of alcohol is added, it works even better. I recommend Wild Turkey 101 to go with the Coke, and Seagrams 7 to go with the 7-up. With this winning combination, you really won't give a sh*t whether you're getting sick or not. Whiskey bliss is such a wonderful thing!

Crap, look at the time!.....I gotta go, my bartender is calling me for mandatory attendance to the scheduled drunkening appointment. Hate to keep the doctor waiting, ya know?

INSERT CLEVER, COMICAL WITTICISM HERE

[SIZE="2"].[/SIZE]

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish BigDirtyFoot's Avatar

Haha, I love Wild Turkey. I typically don't have access to liquor though, as I'm underage for drinking.
    ASloppyDave

I enjoy cigars.

My Cigar Reviews
    My Podcast

Boy interesting thread...
    I'm sitting here at work (hospital pharmacy) at 2:30 am and decided to do a literature search on nicotine overdose. really interesting stuff!

I won't bore you with the details but you might find this sinteresting:

Nicotine is one of the most lethal poisons known.

The fatal dose of pure nicotine is approximately 40-60 mg (0.6-1.0 mg/kg, 1-2 drops) i.e. the quantity contained in 2 g of tobacco (equivalent to 2 common blend cigarettes; 15-25 mg of nicotine per cigarette).

When tobacco is smoked, most of the nicotine is burned. However 90% of the inhaled nicotine is absorbed.

Most cases that end up in the ER are young children that eat a couple of cigarettes or butts.
    Usually no specific antidote is given.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think for the newbie's (like me!) it important to perfect your cigar smoking technique. The smoke should be drwan into the mouth, tasted, and then expelled. By all means avoid inhaling even part of the smoke. This is especially a problem for those who are previous cigarette smokers. By not inhaling you will get a much lower dose of nicotine and avoid the big
    --------------------------

Peace Out

Joe
    Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes - that way if they get angry... your a mile away and you have their shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by joesetx
    Boy interesting thread...
    I'm sitting here at work (hospital pharmacy) at 2:30 am and decided to do a literature search on nicotine overdose. really interesting stuff!

I won't bore you with the details but you might find this sinteresting:

Nicotine is one of the most lethal poisons known.

The fatal dose of pure nicotine is approximately 40-60 mg (0.6-1.0 mg/kg, 1-2 drops) i.e. the quantity contained in 2 g of tobacco (equivalent to 2 common blend cigarettes; 15-25 mg of nicotine per cigarette).

When tobacco is smoked, most of the nicotine is burned. However 90% of the inhaled nicotine is absorbed.

Most cases that end up in the ER are young children that eat a couple of cigarettes or butts.
    Usually no specific antidote is given.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think for the newbie's (like me!) it important to perfect your cigar smoking technique. The smoke should be drwan into the mouth, tasted, and then expelled. By all means avoid inhaling even part of the smoke. This is especially a problem for those who are previous cigarette smokers. By not inhaling you will get a much lower dose of nicotine and avoid the big
    --------------------------

Peace Out

Joe
    Hey Joe thanks for all the info there.

I tried the 7-Up with a cigar and it was great. Just have to get myself used to cigars again..

Take care
    GF
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." - Sir Winston Churchill

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Nathan's Avatar

I always drink Coke when I am smoking. I have gotten so used to the coke and cigars mix that I cannot smoke a cigar without coke and when I drink coke I want a cigar. I always attributed me never getting buzzed from cigars from the fact that I am a smoker, but I am sure the coke has something to do with it now.

-Nathan

Why are you all looking for ways to avoid the buzz???
    [SIZE="1"]For Rent[/SIZE]

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I have the same problem, I smoke too fast. Never knew this until the other day when Uncle MIkey was watching me. No wonder my cigars never really burned evenly LOL

gotta learn to savor, slow down and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by croatan
    That was my first thought. I always thought that half of the point og smoking tobacco was the buzz you get, for alot of cigarette smoker, thats 100% of the point.

Anyway, noticed Mo was getting a little sloppy there counted 'dry mouth' in the symptoms list twice.

Note to self - stop eating cigarette butts.

Quote Originally Posted by croatan
    I know right, thats the best part of smoking!

Seriously, I like to drink Sprite because of the same reason as Mo. It is just great at cleasing the palate and you benefit from the sugar. I'm a wimp, so I still get a light buzz

Young Puffer Fish

Once in a while I'll get that feeling when I smoke, but i've noticed it mostly occurs when i'm smoking too quickly. If I slow down a bit then I notice a dramatic decrease in that dizzy feeling. I've never tried drinking a coke while smoking but i'll give it a try next time i start to get that feeling.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2