Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Project of the Day : Winador Drawers

This is a discussion on Project of the Day : Winador Drawers within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I just got back from Lowes. I'm starting a new project, gonna put big wide pullout drawers in one of ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader shilala's Avatar

Project of the Day : Winador Drawers

I just got back from Lowes.
    I'm starting a new project, gonna put big wide pullout drawers in one of the vino's. I'm also going to make trays/boxes for said drawers.
    This was all brought on by the Smackdown. I have a bazzilion singles and they exist in ziplock baggies jammed in the winadors.
    It literally looks awful.
    Once I finish one winador, if it goes well, I'm going to do the other.
    I'll be pretty much completely out of space for boxes, but I don't care. I'd rather keep my smokes in trays. I like it like that.
    I'll chase this thread with pics all along the way.
    The whole project begins with emptying that winador so that I can fit it for drawer brackets.
    Everyone, please, wish me luck.

Puffer Fish with some spikes easyt's Avatar

Re: Project of the Day : Winador Drawers

Quote Originally Posted by shilala View Post
    Everyone, please, wish me luck.

Great idea! I've seen enough of your work to know you don't need luck.

And if I recall correctly, there's room for a third vino somewhere around the two you have...so no worry about room for boxes.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes neoflex's Avatar

Sounds like a great idea. Are you building the shelves out of Spanish Cedar or are they going to be wire mesh type shelves. Keep us posted.

What this Country Needs is a Good Five-Cent Cigar.
    -Thomas Marshall

Taters of the Lost Ark tchariya's Avatar

If you are willing....i'd love to buy some off of you!!!!

I was just thinking of turning my vinotemp into 3-4 singles drawers and just use my coolerador as full box holders!

RIP Louie

You might want to be careful, if you organize your stuff more might show up to mess things up.

Quote Originally Posted by tchariya View Post
    If you are willing....i'd love to buy some off of you!!!!

I was just thinking of turning my vinotemp into 3-4 singles drawers and just use my coolerador as full box holders!
    This deal is integrated into the winador.
    I was going to build a chest of drawers to fit, but I'd have lost a lot of room and I was concerned about the bottom shelf support.
    So I decided to install my drawer glides right on the unit.
    I just finished my mock up shelf and the first set of glides.
    This is where I'll get all the numbers I need, then I just repeat the process six more times.
    Once I get all the drawers in I can lay out the trays I'm going to make.
    Pics...

Here's a shot of one of the glides installed.
    I put each side in, mocked up a drawer, slid it in, and found that the winador is tapered from front to back. Not just a little, either. I had to make 1/2 block shims to place under the front of each glide.
    You can see the block in the pic below. With the shim in place and the drawer cut down to the right size, it fits perfectly and glides perfectly.

hk3

Good luck with the project. Im looking forward to seeing your project progress.
    F-N-A Cotton, F-N-A.

Next are a couple shots of the drawer mockup and a closeup in the corner.
    It's just to get a feel for what's next.
    I now have to set that drawer, make another mock frame, and find the distance between the glides.
    Right now it looks like the glides aren't going to work because they're too close.
    I'll see what they'll do and I'll go from there. If worse comes to worse I can chop the drawer stopper off right above the glide wheel.
    First things first though. I have to find my height for the next glide and see where the drawer lands.
    Here's the pics...

Inmate

Lookin good, I can't wait to see the finished project. If your other projects are any indication this will turn out great. Good luck with the project.

Good luck !!! It's seems to be coming along nicely! Anxious to see more pics!!!

Welp, I got all the glides installed and 5 of the 7 drawers made.
    I ran out of stock for the sides of the drawers. I know why, it's because I changed how I was going to face the drawers.
    Initially I was going to screw through the front and anchor to the drawer sides.
    I decide to do it right so I can adjust the fronts so they're nice and straight.
    It's more work, takes up more room where cigars could go, but it'll make setting the drawer fronts a breeze.

Here's all the glides installed...

Here's four of the drawers without their fronts (which I haven't made yet)...

I have to run out to Lowe's now. We were going over that way anyways.
    I'll pick up some more screws (used all my zip machine heads on the glides) and the rest of the stock for the drawers.

Here's the unfinished drawers in the glides...

Puffer Fish with some spikes cab28's Avatar

What, no dovetails?

It looks amazing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by cab28 View Post
    What, no dovetails?

It looks amazing so far.
    Just paid 100 bucks for a Dado blade today. I'm going to learn how to use it very shortly, and then, LOOK OUT!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast