Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Taking a cruise to Cabo

This is a discussion on Taking a cruise to Cabo within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I have never been and I am asking those that have are there any places I can get some ISOMs ...

No longer a community member.

Taking a cruise to Cabo

I have never been and I am asking those that have are there any places I can get some ISOMs legit and not too exp. *snip*.

Also I am looking to see the place on my own I know they have a bus that brings you into town and I believe ill take that and go off on my own rather than stay with the "tour" nor will I take the bus Tour. So basically I am asking people who know their way around down there and can tell me of some cool places to visit and at most important a cheap reputable shop that's not double price or anything. Also what would I be looking to spend their more or normal. (I am excited as the closest thing I have had to an Isom is a Pinar which isn't exactly the same)

This is going to be a relaxation vacation so I don't need to know the best titty bars and clubs as I wont be going to any place wild. Thanks for reading my post and I hope you guys can help me out and tell me where to go so I don't end up reading on the beach, which I can do here where I live any day for free. So in all I hope my fellow BOTLs can help make my vacation awesome.

Thanks a lot guys Looking forward to it but I'm not going for about two months so I have time I haven't even researched the area online yet but I thought I would get the best info from those of you who have been.
    Last edited by poker; 05-31-2008 at 12:23 PM.

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Re: Taking a cruise to Cabo

Just across the street from Cabo wabo's back entrance/exit (at least thats what it looked like to me) is a LCDH, which of course means retail prices, but at least they are real. This shop has a great lounge and a mojito bar that reportedly makes them with Havana Club rum....... I didnt stay long enough to try them. I did "peruse" the shop though.
    "They think I'm crazy but they can't help but like me."

The Turtleman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn8EQ0azXpQ

I'll shoot you a PM in a little bit.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and mental illness.

Thanks for your posts guys I just wanted to find out if there is a reputable dealer out their.

Since I'm going to be in Mexico anyone want me to send them a Glass top box of Cohibas, or if I can find the elusive Cohibo, pm me and I'll take care of you. I've herd these are the greatest smokes to come out of Cuba for a long time. You never know the Great stuff you can find in Mexico. I'll also look for glass tubo RyJ I know these are hard to find but I am sure I can find someone on the beach that has all of these. Don't worry I bet I can haggle the guy on the beach to sell me a box of the those glass top cohibas for about $300 if i find a Cohibo Ill spend as much as it cost me and the same with the RyJ Glass Tubo I expect them to be about 25 to 30 a piece GREAT DEAL!!

Btw I hope you understand what I'm talking about. If not don't pm me I'll contact you or you can search for the cigars I am talking about on this board so you can find out how rare and how "GREAT" these sticks are!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes MeNimbus's Avatar

I heard the Monte Edmundo Dantes are a great cigar and exclusive to Mexico only.

Enjoy your cruise.
    [SIZE="2"]Q('.'Q) JIAN (G-On) ^_^[/SIZE]

Been there. There is a great LCDH (Great is a relative term) in Cabo. They have a nice bar and coffee house kind of atmosphere. Rules here get in the way of a direct link but....

Easy to find official LCDH brick and morter sites here they always have teh best expresso and drinks:

http://www.lacasadelhabano.cu/mundo_i.asp

Choose the country and city drop downs and you may find a simple answer to your question.

Regarding deals, you should never think in terms of "deals" in Mexico (Or anywhere else). It leads to fakes. Fake expresso sucks.

Bringing things back is a different issue and never a recommended practice in any form to bring back anything that isn't legal to do so. I tore a bunch of the tags off the mattresses in our hotel once. Sweated the trip back. It just wasn't worth the stress.

Cabo is a small place so walking the downtown is not a big issue and with a few golf / scenery exceptions, downtown is all there is there.
    Last edited by Da Klugs; 05-31-2008 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
    I tore a bunch of the tags off the mattresses in our hotel once. Sweated the trip back. It just wasn't worth the stress.
    No doubt!
    Coping with the endless cigar addiction.

blame me. Im ok with it.

Dont bother asking how to bring them back. This board is not a funnel for information on how to circumvent US laws.

I am very sorry poker and I appreciate your reminder about this I just got a little to excited and ended up no thinking right. I dont mind if you remove the thread personally.