Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ANEJO's Are IN!!!

This is a discussion on ANEJO's Are IN!!! within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; My B&M got their A.F. holiday stock in today!! I had wanted to try the Anejo line since I read ...

ANEJO's Are IN!!!

My B&M got their A.F. holiday stock in today!! I had wanted to try the Anejo line since I read the great reviews. He got one box each of: No. 46's , No. 50's, Sharks, and also some more of the Hemmingway line (WOA mad, Masterpiece mad, Signature mad). I was in Fuente HEAVEN
    When I walked in he had just got done unpacking the box.
    I hadn't tried any of the sticks listed above so I picked up a few.
    A WOA mad
    2 Sharks
    and a 46
    The owner said only 2 per customer, but I can come back and get more after he is off work
    How long should I let them rest before I somke them?
    Check out the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ANEJO's Are IN!!!-img_1194.jpg   ANEJO's Are IN!!!-img_1196.jpg  

Re: ANEJO's Are IN!!!

Since he just got em in I'd wait a week or so in the humi.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffDaddy
    How long should I let them rest before I somke them?
    You've waited long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwit
    You've waited long enough.
    I want to wait till they are prime. These are some expensive sticks(by my standards)!!

Let'em rest a few days.

Then all you have to do is light them up and enjoy them.
    Smoke-em if you got em

an aptly named Gorilla CrazyFool's Avatar

damn i choose the maduro hemmy that day.. not that i regret it but im now pondering a 20 minute drive to middle-earth where the only good cigar shop is around here (alright im sorry TInder...)
    RIP Norifumi "Norick" Abe September 7, 1975 – October 7, 2007. MotoGP and Superbike star. Your passion became mine because of you- this race and moment http://youtube.com/watch?v=3l-Pn1chwAY You will be missed dearly

I want to wait till they are prime.
    Better pull up a chair and about 3 years minimum. Or you can do what everyone else does that gets these.....smoke 'um

Cheers,

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Navydoc
    Better pull up a chair and about 3 years minimum. Or you can do what everyone else does that gets these.....smoke 'um

Cheers,

Paul
    They do become very, very good with a couple of years on them. I would probably smoke the 50 now and save the sharks.
    [SIZE="2"] A cigar board is only as good as it's leader[/SIZE]

No longer a community member. CoventryCat86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RPB67
    Let'em rest a few days.

Then all you have to do is light them up and enjoy them.

Ditto. It seems almost every time I buy them from a shop, they're too wet resulting in burn problems. I store mine between 60 & 65%RH and they smoke fine.

No longer a community member. FpDoc77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Ditto. It seems almost every time I buy them from a shop, they're too wet resulting in burn problems. I store mine between 60 & 65%RH and they smoke fine.
    Oddly enough I have had that very problem myself.

I wasn't thinking about getting age on them but now maybe I should get a couple more Sharks and put them away for a long rest (year plus).
    I havn't smoked long so I havn't personally found the benefits of aging. The longest a stick has been in my humi has been 3 months.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish magno's Avatar

In my experience, You should buy enough such that you have a few left over for next Christmas time. The recent batches of Anejos really haven't been living up to their forebears and I suspect that's due to a lack of aging. I'll be smoking last years Anejos in the next week or so, and saving the ones I've bought this year (only in the 2005 Fuente holiday pack thus far) for the same time next year

I want to wait till they are prime. These are some expensive sticks(by my standards)!!
    No, I'm not a pre-embargo frenetic gay stripper!

Leading Puffer Fish

I just picked up a couple as that was the limit . The #49 and the shark , they had 3 to choose from . Also picked up a Hemi Classic maduro and a Signature Maduro . Now if I could only find more as I hear these are better with a year of age on them so I could taste for my own experience .

Maturing Puffer Fish

All of this posting got me excited and so I went down to my local B&M "Kremers" and sure enough they had there Fuente Christmas shipment in. I got 2 Sharks, 2 No.50, 2 WOAM, and 2 VSG Belicoso No.1 (haven't tried a VSG yet, so thought I'd go ahead and throw those in to try).

Now I'll put them in my humidor to rest. I'm hoping I'll be able to hold out until Christmas. But they look so good. Thanks to everyone for shouting about the shipments coming in. I probably would have missed them.They'll probably be gone by this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by awhitaker
    All of this posting got me excited and so I went down to my local B&M "Kremers" and sure enough they had there Fuente Christmas shipment in. I got 2 Sharks, 2 No.50, 2 WOAM, and 2 VSG Belicoso No.1 (haven't tried a VSG yet, so thought I'd go ahead and throw those in to try).

Now I'll put them in my humidor to rest. I'm hoping I'll be able to hold out until Christmas. But they look so good. Thanks to everyone for shouting about the shipments coming in. I probably would have missed them.They'll probably be gone by this evening.
    I almost picked up some VSG's too! My wallet was hurting enough already. I don't want to blow most of my months budget in one trip.
    It seems that everyone here wants to help the others down the slope, so no problem on the heads-up

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast