Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How long after oral surgery can I smoke again?

This is a discussion on How long after oral surgery can I smoke again? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; So to prevent any further delays in my departure for Iraq, I got 3 impacted wisdom teeth taken out today. ...

How long after oral surgery can I smoke again?

So to prevent any further delays in my departure for Iraq, I got 3 impacted wisdom teeth taken out today. Put to sleep, they cut pieces of my jaw and gums away, blah blah blah.. Other than some general soreness like I got into a fight at the bar, nothing stands out painwise. Got some pain meds (tylenol and hydrocone)

When can I smoke again? It's sad that after having a month of no time to smoke, I now have plenty of time to

<--Lucky (@*(#* emoticon

Exiled.

Re: How long after oral surgery can I smoke again?

2 weeks. don't do it sooner ... you could dislodge a clot and create a dry socket. dry socket sucks ass. seriously ... it's a very bad thing and increases recovery time even more. also, DO NOT drink from a straw or do anything else that could create suction.

good luck. I started smoking cigars seriously a few weeks after I had some oral surgery.

Whatever you get told, add a week or two onto it. I got an infection years ago after my wisdom teeth came out (ok, from cigarettes) but still, the pain from the infection was terrible!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by bigloo View Post
    Whatever you get told, add a week or two onto it. I got an infection years ago after my wisdom teeth came out (ok, from cigarettes) but still, the pain from the infection was terrible!
    I agree- you don't want to mess it up. Add a week to what the good Doc says.

(When I got 2 impacted wisdom teeth out, my doctor said 2 weeks to smoke. I did after 2.5 and was fine...)

ok thansk for the advice.. I'll wait at least til I do the followup in a week and they take a look at the healing.. My big worry too is that I wont' be ready to ship out by the 21st if the healing hasn't done its thing

Thumbs up Re: How long after oral surgery can I smoke again?

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    2 weeks. don't do it sooner ... you could dislodge a clot and create a dry socket. dry socket sucks ass. seriously ... it's a very bad thing and increases recovery time even more. also, DO NOT drink from a straw or do anything else that could create suction.

good luck. I started smoking cigars seriously a few weeks after I had some oral surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by chenvt View Post
    So to prevent any further delays in my departure for Iraq, I got 3 impacted wisdom teeth taken out today. Put to sleep, they cut pieces of my jaw and gums away, blah blah blah.. Other than some general soreness like I got into a fight at the bar, nothing stands out painwise. Got some pain meds (tylenol and hydrocone)

When can I smoke again? It's sad that after having a month of no time to smoke, I now have plenty of time to

<--Lucky (@*(#* emoticon
    Listen to the Professor. He is as right as rain. A dry socket is not something you want to deal with. Plus you'll enjoy the smoke a whole lot more if you are not dealing with additional pain.
    5 things that make life worth living; a good relationship with God, a good woman, good hlth, good friends, and a fine cigar.

No longer a community member. King James's Avatar

2 weeks minimum is a good rule. Oral surgeon should tell you when you can start using a straw and stuff again..... thats prolly when you can smoke

Young Puffer Fish cubanoslibres's Avatar

i got mine done this summer, all 4 yanked out!
    I started smoking again a little after 2 weeks.
    Trust me, dont rush it at all.

Full grown Puffer Fish BlewSmoke.com's Avatar

So I was one of the idiots that did not listen so well. Fortunately I did not get dry sockets nor an infection. However, I did tear the stitches out where my wisdom teeth once were. It certainly delayed my healing process and the smoke was not even enjoyable after that.

I quandry really is.... If I still had my wisdom teeth in, would I have been wise enough to not be such an idiot??? Hmmmm. I doubt it.

<--Lucky (@*(#* emoticon
    thats like eating pez for me.
    be patient before smoking though

Quote Originally Posted by King James View Post
    2 weeks minimum is a good rule. Oral surgeon should tell you when you can start using a straw and stuff again..... thats prolly when you can smoke
    and Hermie has spoken

Yeah I'm sorta pissed that I have to get them now and not in 2 months when I'm back stateside... But oh well, they're out now..

Oh and one other thing, what abouta cigarettes?

Exiled.

Yeah I'm sorta pissed that I have to get them now and not in 2 months when I'm back stateside... But oh well, they're out now..

Oh and one other thing, what abouta cigarettes?
    No cigarettes. Very bad. Same reasons. Did you not read my post, Private Numbnuts?

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post

is he in the Navy?

Brother, if I were you I'd wait a seriously long time...not until my doc said the incisions were COMPLETELY healed.

Open wounds would be prime breeding ground for cancer cells.

[SIZE=1]

[/SIZE]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast