Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mild-Medium Smooth Mellow Creamy Sweet

This is a discussion on Mild-Medium Smooth Mellow Creamy Sweet within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; These words describe the taste and flavor I'm looking for in a cigar. I have tried several and some have ...

Maturing Puffer Fish

Mild-Medium Smooth Mellow Creamy Sweet

These words describe the taste and flavor I'm looking for in a cigar. I have tried several and some have come close but none really are what I'm looking for. The one that has come closest to this has been a La Finca Fuma Largo. I have tried more expensive cigars but the La Finca is the best so far. Just wondering if anyone could suggest some cigars that just might fit this description ? I know the Fuma Largo is 6.5" and ring of 46 but I would prefer at least a 6" with a ring of 50 or larger.

Thanks Bill

Re: Mild-Medium Smooth Mellow Creamy Sweet

You might like:
    Montecristo White
    LGC Serie R Natural
    Zino Mouton Cadet

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Quote Originally Posted by WBill
    These words describe the taste and flavor I'm looking for in a cigar. I have tried several and some have come close but none really are what I'm looking for. The one that has come closest to this has been a La Finca Fuma Largo. I have tried more expensive cigars but the La Finca is the best so far. Just wondering if anyone could suggest some cigars that just might fit this description ? I know the Fuma Largo is 6.5" and ring of 46 but I would prefer at least a 6" with a ring of 50 or larger.

Thanks Bill

Bill - I share your taste, but have not yet found a cigar which completely matches your description. I'm thinking a conecticut shade wrapper, the smooth-creamy would indicate mellowing in the humi. Sweet would pose a problem, and I'm pretty sure you're not thinking of flavored cigars (yechhhh).
    Some people have described their maduro's as sweet, but I'm not convinced that that is the right word. Anyway, I'm looking too. Larry.

Full grown Puffer Fish

I like the Carlos Torano Casa Torano toro size(6 by 50). Check out thier site Torano.com. I think it might be what you are looking for. It's mild but with a full flavor. They msrp for about 4.50 let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami
    I like the Carlos Torano Casa Torano toro size(6 by 50). Check out thier site Torano.com. I think it might be what you are looking for. It's mild but with a full flavor. They msrp for about 4.50 let me know what you think.

I agree...................

Jerry in Minnesota
    Proud Past Rider Of The Short Bus...

What would Skeeter do? kansashat's Avatar

RyJ Reserva Real, Butera, Ashton, Santa Damiana, Diamond Crown, Cuesta Rey, La Unica, Casa Blanca, Macanudo Gold.
    The views & opinions expressed by kansashat are not necessarily the views & opinions of Club Stogie, or it's associates. Iamstillveryfondofbananacreampie.

Lots of good suggestions ... Casa Torano, Macanudo and Monte White. I didn't care for the Casa Blanca ... not enough flavor for me.

I really like the RyJ Reserva Real and Ashton ... try the Ashton Cabinet.
    "Some people never find it, some only pretend. But me, I just want to live happily ever after, every now and then." - Jimmy Buffett

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mmblz
    You might like:
    Montecristo White
    LGC Serie R Natural
    Zino Mouton Cadet
    I second your MC white label and raise you a Davidoff.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Any cigar in Fuente's Hemmingway line will match you preferences too. Smooth, creamy and sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami
    I completely agree with this as well.
    Moved to Cigar A S Y L U M.

Maria Guerrero, try the Toro or Robusto. Just give 'em a chance to settle in the humidor first, say a couple months or so. They're usually pretty green when you buy anything at first.

[SIZE=2]"Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers, and men, crooked."[/SIZE]

Puffer Fish with some spikes Sancho Fuente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kansashat
    RyJ Reserva Real, Butera, Ashton, Santa Damiana, Diamond Crown, Cuesta Rey, La Unica, Casa Blanca, Macanudo Gold.

Defininetly agree with the reserva real, excellent flavor. I also enjoy Gisperts for a creamy flavor. The last one I smoked reminded me of butter (natural lonsdale), not the taste, but something about it. It seems to be something you would like.
    Insert clever and witty text here.

Young Puffer Fish

My favorite creamy and buttery cigars are as follows:

Diamond Crown Natural

Ashton Cabinet

Davidoff Double R

Puffer Fish with many spikes vtdragon's Avatar

I share your tastes as well. I found this one Mantequilla from JR Cigars and am just in love with it. My experience is that it is just as described by JR. buttery smooth and slightly sweet.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Thank you all for your suggestions, I'm in the process of trying to find all these cigars.

Thanks Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast