Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Women and Cigars

This is a discussion on Women and Cigars within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I like being around ladies that enjoy a good cigar. The conversations are enlightening and I get introduced to cigars ...

Young Puffer Fish

Re: Women and Cigars

I like being around ladies that enjoy a good cigar. The conversations are enlightening and I get introduced to cigars that I may not have thought to try before.

Leading Puffer Fish nativetexan_1's Avatar

Either I miscommunicated or you misunderstood. I certainly didn't mean that in any form of a sexual turn-on. To be more blunt (but perhaps a little more clear), I don't like the looks of a woman with a cigar stuck in her mouth. Men are men, women are women, and they have different roles in society. I see cigar smoking as a male role.

I'm not trying to change everyone's opinion. The questioin was asked, and I answered it. If answers are not wanted, questions should not be asked.

Look at it as an election. I lost. 'nough said.
    Canton, Texas: home of First Monday Trade Days.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan_1 View Post
    Little boys play with trucks, little girls play with dolls.

Older boys play football, older girls play volleyball.

Men smoke cigars, women smoke daintier things.

I personallly am not at all turned on by a woman with a cigar.

PS. I believe in male/female roles in society. Doesn't make my opinions popular.

I'm not trying to change everyone's opinion. The questioin was asked, and I answered it. If answers are not wanted, questions should not be asked.
    Curious...What was the question that you were responding to?

No longer a community member.

Either I miscommunicated or you misunderstood. I certainly didn't mean that in any form of a sexual turn-on. To be more blunt (but perhaps a little more clear), I don't like the looks of a woman with a cigar stuck in her mouth. Men are men, women are women, and they have different roles in society. I see cigar smoking as a male role.
    Thank you for clarifying.

This is a free country. You are welcome to have any arbitrary opinion or cultural/religious taboo that you like, even if other people think it's strange or makes no logical sense. Everyone else is welcome not to care very much what a stranger thinks of them while they are following their own version of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

There really isn't a question here, as far as I can tell, Blaylock. It's just a matter of someone feeling the need to publicly express a negative personal opinion.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish MrMusicMan1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blaylock View Post
    Curious...What was the question that you were responding to?

LOL

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ashmaster's Avatar

I'll keep my response fairly simple. As far as I'm concerned if a women wants to partake in the pleasure of smoking a cigar more power to her, makes no-nevermind to me. It just a wonderful thing.
    "A cigar ought not to be smoked solely with the mouth, but with the hand, the eyes, and with the spirit." -- Zino Davidoff

Leading Puffer Fish nativetexan_1's Avatar

Once again I failed to be clear. There apparently was no question. Let's just say the topic was broached and I responded.
    Canton, Texas: home of First Monday Trade Days.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMusicMan1 View Post

LOL
    its all fun and games till some body gets hurt

Maturing Puffer Fish Gespinoza1's Avatar

All I have to say is if 3:39 and on in this video is not sexy then I don't know what is!

Puff.com - Eddie Ortega of 601 Cigars explains to Seidy how to Cut, Light, and Smoke a 601 Cigar. Video in Spanish

Nuff said.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Disinterested

For me, I dont feel the need to define everything a woman does as "sexy" vs non-sexy and I dont buy into the whole gender-role thing, but thats just MHO. I love smoking cigars with women, simply because I generally prefer the company of women. I enjoy smoking with an experienced female smoker and I also enjoy introducing a cigar-curious woman to a great smoke. There's nothing "sexual" about it and that's the part I find demeaning. If a woman is trying to be sexy while smoking a cigar, that's a different thing and is based soley upon her sexappeal, not the cigar. FYI, they're playing with your mind, not the cigar, and they know it!

Fundementally, I think its great to discuss women and cigars, since I think it can be a welcoming invitation into a hobby, which evokes and imparts passion and pure enjoyment. At the end of the day, at least for me, the enjoyment of smoking with another human has nothing to do with "plumbing".

Leading Puffer Fish Sweet_Cigars's Avatar

I have gotten so use to smoking cigars with the wife that now if I smoke by myself, it kinda sucks. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the smoke but the social company part that is associated with the whole experience is missing which makes a BIG difference in the whole experience. Moral of my point.

Woman smoking cigars is great!
    "The candy man can,'cause he mixes it with cigars And makes the world taste good" The Candy Man

Quote Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post
    For me, I dont feel the need to define everything a woman does as "sexy" vs non-sexy and I dont buy into the whole gender-role thing, but thats just MHO. I love smoking cigars with women, simply because I generally prefer the company of women. I enjoy smoking with an experienced female smoker and I also enjoy introducing a cigar-curious woman to a great smoke. There's nothing "sexual" about it and that's the part I find demeaning.
    THANK YOU.

There is something deeply disturbing about men who are incapable of relating to a person without a ***** except in a sexualized way. At the end of the day, we're all just human beings, and we enjoy many of the same things. If we can share those enjoyments with each other, they become even better.

Young Fish

Quote Originally Posted by TanithT View Post
    THANK YOU.

There is something deeply disturbing about men who are incapable of relating to a person without a ***** except in a sexualized way. At the end of the day, we're all just human beings, and we enjoy many of the same things. If we can share those enjoyments with each other, they become even better.
    Really? You don't relate to men in a sexualized way? You're not looking for the knight in shining armor? The Captain Kirk? You don't like like the tension that such relating brings with it?

That's hard to believe. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by CasualAdventurer View Post
    Really? You don't relate to men in a sexualized way? You're not looking for the knight in shining armor? The Captain Kirk? You don't like like the tension that such relating brings with it?

That's hard to believe. ;-)
    No, most men are strangers, casual acquaintances, professional colleagues or friends. I'm very happy with my boyfriend, so I relate to other men nonsexually. That's probably a pretty normal viewpoint, or at least I should hope it is. Even if I was single, I would still relate to the vast majority of men nonsexually. Just having a ***** is not sufficient criteria to get me interested in someone "that way", sorry.

And no, I really don't like tension and drama in my social life. I got sick of that kiddie shit in junior high school. Either someone can relate to me in an honest and straightforward adult manner, or they can go play games somewhere else. That applies whether I'm dating them or not. Actually it applies in particular to anyone I'd want to date.

There seems to be this social culture of men and women treating each other differently and to some extent deceptively, playing games rather than being honest and friendly and fair, and it's all just weird to me. Not interested in playing. I'd much prefer to relate to people as people and dispense entirely with the games.

If it helps to understand my viewpoint, I come from "nerd culture" and spend most of my time in academia, where the social values are a bit to the left of the mainstream.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast