Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The Sad Cigar Smoker Waits for Spring

This is a discussion on The Sad Cigar Smoker Waits for Spring within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I was a sad sight this morning. Thought I'd share. Spring couldn't come soon enough......

Puffer Fish with some spikes necrozen's Avatar

The Sad Cigar Smoker Waits for Spring

I was a sad sight this morning. Thought I'd share.

Spring couldn't come soon enough...
    Last edited by necrozen; 01-08-2010 at 10:53 AM.

Re: The Sad Cigar Smoker Waits for Spring

That ranks high on the awesome-meter!
    What can I say?

Maturing Puffer Fish Bad Astronaut's Avatar

Easy solution, move to San Diego! I hear it may drop all the way down to the high 50's this evening. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Astronaut View Post
    Easy solution, move to San Diego! I hear it may drop all the way down to the high 50's this evening. :P
    Awe man, if I wanted salt in these wounds I'd roll around in the street!

You can throw me right smack in the middle of the group of poor souls waiting for Spring. I have been wanting a good cigar for weeks now but it's so darn cold and sadly, I don't possess your intestinal fortitude to do what it takes and go out and weather the cold. Keep up the good work buddy. You're an inspiration to all of us that live in colder climates.

Leading Puffer Fish

Are you sure you don't live in Nebraska. I thought I saw you snow blowing my neighbors driveway this morning!

Puffer Fish with many spikes unsafegraphics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Erskine View Post
    That ranks high on the awesome-meter!
    Gotta sympathize, awaiting the Vernal Equinox myself.

Oh man! That is great! On Christmas eve we had family over and we were going to head out on the deck to enjoy and celebrate with some excellent cigars (Punch Punch) when my uncle stepped outside and quickly darted back in and said "no way, not today." Sometimes we smoke in the car with the heat blaring and the window down. One side of my head gets numb while my toes sweat and we cough up the smoke blowing around. Yeah, I am waiting for spring too.

Haha... I can certainly relate. I haven't had a cigar since Christmas. Where I live, there's not much chance of smoking in the winter, since I don't smoke inside. It's been hovering around -28C lately. That's -19 F!! That's the high and without the windchill.
    But it looks like it'll warm up to around to about +18F this weekend, and the forecast is for +38 for Tuesday. Woohoo!! That's unusually balmy for around here. Looks like my smoking drought is about to end.
    If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little-George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnSmokes View Post
    Are you sure you don't live in Nebraska. I thought I saw you snow blowing my neighbors driveway this morning!
    Might as well be freakin nebraska. Might as well be alaska. lol

Quote Originally Posted by necrozen View Post
    Might as well be freakin nebraska. Might as well be alaska. lol
    Holy crap! I just realized where you're from. That must be tough on you guys that aren't used to this type of weather. Us Canucks love to send you a blast of our weather once in a while. snowball fight anyone??
    If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little-George Carlin

amnesiac with deja vu Nurse_Maduro's Avatar

Wow...you do look sad! I was prepared to make fun of you until I checked the weather in KY and realized it's actually warmer here in NY! WTF is that??

Just know that we feel your pain, brother.

Full grown Puffer Fish shunoshi's Avatar

Yeah, I'm in this boat as well. I won't be able to smoke inside until I have the money to convert the downstairs bedroom into an appropriate smoking lounge, so I'm relegated to an uninsulated garage. WAY too cold out. I'll occasionally smoke in my car, but that's a pain and not all that comfortable. I think I've had 5-6 cigars all winter so far and I'm normally a 1-a-day guy.

rofl. It's been over a month since I've had a cigar. It's just too damn cold out to really enjoy it.

Young Puffer Fish Smokinafattie's Avatar

Is that you Frosty??? Man I love my 150,000 BTU propane heater. Open the garage door, point the heater at me from ten feet away, light my cigar, put on some salsa, and I am in Mexico.
    La Vida Pura.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast