Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How do you get rid of cigar breathe

This is a discussion on How do you get rid of cigar breathe within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; What do you guys find is the best thing to use for what my wife calls "stinky cigar breathe"? I ...

How do you get rid of cigar breathe

What do you guys find is the best thing to use for what my wife calls "stinky cigar breathe"? I brush a couple times and use crest mouthwash but she says she still smells it. I wouldn't care much but iI know if I smoke I am pretty much guaranteed not to get "our special time".
    So I was wandering what toothpaste/ mouthwash combo you find best to get rid of it.

Full grown Puffer Fish pointbreak's Avatar

Re: How do you get rid of cigar breathe

Javex lol

No longer a community member.

eat some indian food lol, that stuff will mask any smell.

jk, probably some alcohol mouthwash to dissolve all the tar and crap.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Courtesy of about.cigars.com:

Immediate Cures for Bad Cigar Breath

There are a number of products on the market that will quickly cure bad cigar breath, including mouthwashes for smokers, cigar breath sprays, toothpastes, gums, mints, and a slew of other items. A couple of proven products that I can recommend are Targon and Cigar Clear. Targon (compare prices) is a mouthwash for smokers that will greatly diminish or eliminate the aftertaste left by tobacco products, especially cigars. In addition, it can also help reduce the amount of tobacco tar that can stain your teeth. Another product that will actually cleanse (and not just freshen) your breath is a spray produced by Altadis called Cigar Clear (buy direct). This product is made from 100% natural oils, and comes in small dispensers that you can take anywhere. Individual bottles are available at many local tobacconists for about $3.00 apiece.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

I find that a lot of lingering smell (notice I didn't say odor) is on my hands/face, so I give them a through washing. Also, once I am done savoring the cigar's lingering flavor, I brush my teeth, and use a device called 'The Tounge Cleaner'. It basicly lightly scrapes the crud of the tounge, which can give bad breath, and inhibit tasteing. Hope that helps!
    "Me and my friend have a hankerin' for Switzerland chocolate and good smoke."

Puffer Fish with some spikes niqhtridaz's Avatar

i tried glister by amway works very well and very concentrated. give you freshness like no over

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

I use citrusy things, they seem to work well. . . but I don't think anything fix it directly after smoking. (Ask my girlfriend)

Kimchee! Fermented cabbage will over power any smell!

I'm not sure replacing one strong smell for another is what he had in mind. Try brushing with baking soda and peroxide, or i eat a lemon wedge peel and all or convince the little lady to start smoking

Full grown Puffer Fish

This sounds gross but swishing around any carbonated beverage in you mouth tends to do wonders for me. Especially the morning after a cigar.

i used to chew that dentine ice arctic chill gum, its the one with the black package, and in high school when i smoked cigarettes i used to eat peanut butter so my mom wouldnt smell it. so try those.

Young Fish

+1 for Listerin

+1 Brush your teeth after

Dont use any gums or mints containing an excess amount of sugar. When this sugar sits in your mouth for a long period of time it actually makes your breath smell WORSE BreathRx makes some good stuff

Sugar free gum is one of the best and convenient ways to get rid of the cigar breath.

Pretty much all your options... Im not going to say that last one (Kick the habit) because thats just OBSURD!

Good luck

39 04 35 N, 108 33 05 W gjcab09's Avatar

I like a mouthwash called Biotene. It moisturizes rather than drying your mouth out.

There are no sane human beings

I always brush after but will look into some of these to try. We'll see if she likes it then.

Maturing Puffer Fish

I just stick with standard brushing and mouthwash followed by a carbonated beverage. When I lack the supplies, sugar-free gum works wonders.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast