Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

"The Unsmokeables" CI's Gimic

This is a discussion on "The Unsmokeables" CI's Gimic within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I just looked on a trademark website and found that, Ron Mexico, "Dark Shark", etc are all owned by Cigars ...

Newbie in the ocean

"The Unsmokeables" CI's Gimic

I just looked on a trademark website and found that, Ron Mexico, "Dark Shark", etc are all owned by Cigars International, JOHN PAUL OLEKSIUK. The reviews made it seem like they were picking up someone else's cigar and making fun of it. I guess it's much easier to write a poor review of yourself. Those marketing geniuses...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ongreystreet's Avatar

Re: "The Unsmokeables" CI's Gimic

Not really sure if it's a "CI" gimic, nearly every online retailer makes up their own reviews and ratings, and have their own house brands.

CI's house brands and the cigars they have made for them are some of the best deals around.
    "Like drinking a beer underwater"

Young Puffer Fish

I agree! Regardless of what CI may righ about their cigars, their house brands are great. I just finished smoking a CI Epicure a few days ago, very very enjoyable!

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by ongreystreet View Post
    Not really sure if it's a "CI" gimic, nearly every online retailer makes up their own reviews and ratings, and have their own house brands.

CI's house brands and the cigars they have made for them are some of the best deals around.
    I understand what you're saying, but the manner in which it is written makes it seems like they are writing reviews of another company's cigar. If they said in their review we came up with the crappiest cigars of all time and here's they are, then fine, but making comments about someone's else cigar when it is actually your own just doesn't seem right.

Also they're all the same size, Churchills, might be the same cigar with a bunch of different funny bands. Wouldn't that be slightly dishonest? Same cigar different bands, making it seems like different brands?

Quote Originally Posted by richardjmack View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but the manner in which it is written makes it seems like they are writing reviews of another company's cigar. If they said in their review we came up with the crappiest cigars of all time and here's they are, then fine, but making comments about someone's else cigar when it is actually your own just doesn't seem right.
    My thoughts are that if your taking the Unsmokeables seriously at all then maybe you could better spend your time.

Also they're all the same size, Churchills, might be the same cigar with a bunch of different funny bands. Wouldn't that be slightly dishonest? Same cigar different bands, making it seems like different brands?
    If they make the cigar they can advertise it any way they like. You see cars getting around with two different badges on them so why not crap cigars? Your implying that they are doing something dishonest by theorizing about what they MIGHT be doing. It's called marketing and whether we like it or not, every big company uses it. I've never bought anything from CI BTW, except the "Unsmokeables" for the TJL Crapstick Bombs. Enjoy your smokes mate.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    My thoughts are that if your taking the Unsmokeables seriously at all then maybe you could better spend your time.

If they make the cigar they can advertise it any way they like. You see cars getting around with two different badges on them so why not crap cigars? Your implying that they are doing something dishonest by theorizing about what they MIGHT be doing. It's called marketing and whether we like it or not, every big company uses it. I've never bought anything from CI BTW, except the "Unsmokeables" for the TJL Crapstick Bombs. Enjoy your smokes mate.
    I agree... They arn't out to get anyone, just doing what they have to do to sell their product. And hey if CI's marketing, weird or not, gets a customer interested, their marketing technique has already been 50% successful.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Schecter30's Avatar

how bout just don't buy em

I think some are you are taking this too seriously....ease up!
    You only live once, and only for a little while at that...so enjoy life, smoke well. -Frank Childress

Into the Wild Blue Yonder Frinkiac7's Avatar

A huge portion of the CI catalog is their house brands, via Meier & Dutch.
    They are more than entitled to push their own stuff as much as they want (and why wouldn't they?), but after a while it got kind of tiring.

I want to buy a bundle of Rajis untimely demises! Greatest name ever
    Northeast Cigar Rep
    SAG Imports, 7-20-4, Matilde, Lotus

Easier without the hat. Bigtotoro's Avatar

Instead of spending $1 on something that someone is telling you is bad and that are trying to reverse psychology market, why not just buy something that is good that you know you like?

I have no use for RG.

The Ron mexicos, that is awsome cuz that is the fake name Mike Vick used at hotels and the fake name he used when he got herpes treament, and the band on the cigar has a guy doing the heisman pose, classic, I want to get a bundle just for that.

Easier without the hat. Bigtotoro's Avatar

If they had a Paris line you would be in for that, too. Of course, it would give you syphillis...

I have no use for RG.

Is it any worse then Thompson... no.
    Any worse then JR and Altadis... nope.

They are called "unsmokeables" - if you still chose to buy them it should be fairly obvious that it's at your own risk.
    http://twitter.com/charlieminato
    editor, halfwheel.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtotoro View Post
    If they had a Paris line you would be in for that, too. Of course, it would give you syphillis...
    I love you guys, i almost fell out of my seat

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast