Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Special Brick and Mortar only cigars

This is a discussion on Special Brick and Mortar only cigars within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Some Brick and Mortar cigar store fronts have exclusive cigars that are only available to them and not online. Which ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Stogie's Avatar

Special Brick and Mortar only cigars

Some Brick and Mortar cigar store fronts have exclusive cigars that are only available to them and not online. Which of these do you enjoy?

Re: Special Brick and Mortar only cigars

Are we talking about things like the Nestor Miranda Dominicano, which is supposed to be B&M only. Or something like the Tatuaje La Maravilla?
    http://twitter.com/charlieminato
    editor, halfwheel.com

Puffer Fish with many spikes kRaZe15's Avatar

are you talking about house blended cigars by the shops? i have had a cognac infused one my cousin bought from his b&m and it wasn't that bad at all....
    cigars are like woman, some are fine and some are a little rough around the edges, but each will be enjoyed by someone.

Alpha Puffer Fish

I smoked the JFR about a year ago. I remember liking it.
    Soccer players do it for 90 minutes.

ama
    Young Fish

Are you talking about something like a La Traviata?

Newbie in the ocean

El picador made for Empire cigars a AWESOME short smoke. Bought a box blind and glad I did!

Full grown Puffer Fish Seminole's Avatar

The Santiago Cabana "El Original" Maduro rolled in Miami, specifically for the Island Smoke Shop in the Florida Keys, is one of the best cigars I've ever had. It was actually voted at one time as the best American made cigar, and one of the best Maduro's.

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    The Santiago Cabana "El Original" Maduro rolled in Miami, specifically for the Island Smoke Shop in the Florida Keys, is one of the best cigars I've ever had. It was actually voted at one time as the best American made cigar, and one of the best Maduro's.
    This is a good topic, and I asked something in a similar thread a week or so ago in reference to Casa Magna and their availability to B&Ms.

Jerrod did a great job at explaining the hows and whys of why this is so.

I would love to see the other products that fit this category.

I highly recommend LJ Peretti house cigars (which are made by Camacho--but at a great price).
    "Off topic, thread closed"
    "[C]onceder yourself warned... am I clear?"

SCUBA Chimp

You never know where the house cigars come from. They could be custom blended and manufactured at a high-end factory, or they could be putting house bands on a cheap bundle.

If the place seems up-scale, I will give the house brand a try. Otherwise, buyer beware.

Quote Originally Posted by Stogie View Post
    Some Brick and Mortar cigar store fronts have exclusive cigars that are only available to them and not online. Which of these do you enjoy?
    Just returned from Miami and had a blast in Little Havanna. I had a great stick from La Tradicion Cubana. It was the 1902 Jose Losa. Lots more resting from various locations and rollers. Highly recommend dropping in there if you hit Miami. Most shops close at 5:00 pm.

Stogie's was a great B/M with two locations as well. Both locations had smoking areas and one served beverages. They were very well stocked with anejo's to between-the-lines as well as Tat's and other brands. I landed 5 flying pigs.

I want to try the Nestor Miranda Dominicos, only one local B&M carries them. Ill probably swing out and pick one up tomorrow. Good thing this thread reminded me of them.
    Northeast Cigar Rep
    SAG Imports, 7-20-4, Matilde, Lotus

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Stogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ama View Post
    Are you talking about something like a La Traviata?
    Yes, only sold in shops and not on websites.