Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

JRCigars Shipping

This is a discussion on JRCigars Shipping within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Whoa $8.95 flat rate shipping? What's up with that? Ok if your ordering a bunch. I liked it better the ...

JRCigars Shipping

Whoa $8.95 flat rate shipping? What's up with that? Ok if your ordering a bunch. I liked it better the old way. Buy 1 box and it was 3.50. Yea I know they raked you over if you bought several items but...

Re: JRCigars Shipping

CI, C-BID, Famous......forget JR

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes BKDW's Avatar

Yeah, I saw that this morning.

Pretty unfortunate....

The truth is they have very few cigars that I actually like, but the problem is those "few" I buy A LOT of.

I just ordered a box of Maria Mancini De Gaulle from them from the auction (Only 30 bucks). The shipping was only 3.50. 33.50 total was not bad compared to the 50 a box if I get it from the store (with tax).

I guess I probably WON'T be ordering anything from them online again unless the base price is cheap enough for me that the shipping will not cancel out any significant bargain.

I guess they are figuring that they don't care about business from people who occasionally by a box or two or just a couple 5 packs. They figure they can just maintain their customer base of those who buy a lot at any given time. It benefits the people who purchase a lot and hurts the people who purchase a little.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Haven't used them in years the have no premuim Non Cubans to really speak off.
    Famous or Holt's much better selection.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

I like the JR Ultimates but I'm not going to buy a 5'r with that kind of shipping price. They are going to lose some business with this new policy.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

I'm with you guys. I used to take a look at JR and order occasionally. After seeing their new shipping policy I have crossed them off my list of vendors. Their prices used to be fair and with the cheap shipping it was OK. Not now.

And I thought their old policy sucked. It's going to be very hard to buy anything from them now. I haven't bought much from them in years but I did pick up a bundle of JR Alt Cuban Limitadas from time to time. No chance now. Not when nearly every other vendor offers free shipping and a better selection.

Full grown Puffer Fish Matt1951's Avatar

Lew Rothman sold JRCigars to Altadis is 2008. Altadis is now owned by Imperial Tobacco in the UK. The brains are gone, the braindead are now running the show.

I have to retract what I wrote. Now that I have seen the new lower JR pricing, I have to say the people running Altadis are geniuses.
    Last edited by Matt1951; 08-04-2010 at 08:25 PM. Reason: I was wrong

Well they did have a few good deals now and then but that just got canceled out. Back to CI, Holts and Famous. I told them it sucked and they said they would pass it along to the upper mgmt. They also said people were complaining about the $2.50 per item. Well Doh but now you are going to charge 8.95 if I only need 1 item...?

After a quick look at the website, it looks like they've lowered the price on many of the items by 4 bucks or so to offset the shipping somewhat (and also raised the prices on their previously "artificially" low priced items like cutters and drymistats).

Still, 9 bucks for shipping will make me think twice. You'd think they could at least have free shipping for the weekly special.

Cheers,

Rosie
    "There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!" -Comic Book Guy

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish oldforge's Avatar

There are some great deals in the catalog this month. It is worth a hard look--and this is from someone who rarely buys smokes there.

"There can be no true friends without true enemies". Samuel Huntington

I think most of us here know how much it costs to ship a few five packs and I think most of us know it takes a bit to run up a $8.95 shipping charge for cigars.

Perhaps this is their way of streamlining their sales to boxes and multiple box orders.

Quote Originally Posted by oldforge View Post
    There are some great deals in the catalog this month. It is worth a hard look--and this is from someone who rarely buys smokes there.
    I agree, they really cut the prices.

Cigar Whore

Quote Originally Posted by Matt1951 View Post
    I agree, they really cut the prices.
    If the add on the site is true and isn't just a marketing scam.......Everything for sale in the current add was mis-marked at their cost......so I would assume they are raising the shipping cost to help off set the massive catalog error.

Quote Originally Posted by Secondz View Post
    If the add on the site is true and isn't just a marketing scam.......Everything for sale in the current add was mis-marked at their cost......so I would assume they are raising the shipping cost to help off set the massive catalog error.
    Their website shows the lower prices too. I will gladly pay the extra shipping cost, my next order is going to JR. Their print catalog I got in the mail today has the lower price, this could not have been an error. Let the price wars begin!
    At Perdomos facebook website, they say they cut their prices, I believe in April. But the cost reductions were not passed on by the distributors. I am very price sensitive. If JR offers the best deal, I am buying there.
    Last edited by Matt1951; 08-04-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast