Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Gurkha SpecOp knife, cigars, & case???

This is a discussion on Gurkha SpecOp knife, cigars, & case??? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Anyone know anything about the Gurkha knife & challenge coin set w/ 20 cigars and travel humidor? I guess there ...

Gurkha SpecOp knife, cigars, & case???

Anyone know anything about the Gurkha knife & challenge coin set w/ 20 cigars and travel humidor?

I guess there are two available, one with black knife and one with tiger stripe knife.

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by the tail and face the situation.

Scotch & Cigars

Re: Gurkha SpecOp knife, cigars, & case???

Can't answer your question but do you have a link to where this is available to buy? Looks interesting since Gurkha has been one of my favorite smokes so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock31 View Post
    Can't answer your question but do you have a link to where this is available to buy? Looks interesting since Gurkha has been one of my favorite smokes so far.
    Here ya go!

Gurkha Special Ops Humidor, Cigar & Knife Combo
    There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by the tail and face the situation.

Young Puffer Fish

What a bizarre combo... but I feel that I'm holding myself back from buying it.

Had those been some cigars on my short term to buy list, it would have been a done deal.

Scotch & Cigars

Thanks for the link, very interesting combo indeed. I'll have to sleep on it.

Puffer Fish with some spikes mavmech13's Avatar

Very cool setup. Very close to buying some, wish I knew more about the cigars though...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Max_Power's Avatar

I am puzzled why it would not come with a kurkhi.

No longer a community member.

why wouldnt they sell it with a kurkhi?

also - you cant really tell but its not a reputable knife maker - ive never seen a knife like that (i used to be hugely into collecting knives, still sorta am just spending $ on cigars now XD) and it doesnt even look full tang - id email and ask about it - at least find out the steel used - could be pretty much a big clunky butterknife as far as we know.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Nice gimmick if the knife and case are anything like the cigars don't expect much IMHO!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    Nice gimmick if the knife and case are anything like the cigars don't expect much IMHO!
    lawls

For any Wu Tang fans out there, it has to be the "tiger style"

Scotch & Cigars

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    Not against you or anyone in particular but as a noobie who enjoys Gurkha what is with all the hate towards them? Are they a "so-so" smoke with a high price? Or considered a gimmick cigar?

Would just like to know as I see the hate for them everywhere

Original Tetraodontidae K. Corleon's Avatar

So many marketing tactics out there...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader teedles915's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rock31 View Post
    Not against you or anyone in particular but as a noobie who enjoys Gurkha what is with all the hate towards them? Are they a "so-so" smoke with a high price? Or considered a gimmick cigar?

Would just like to know as I see the hate for them everywhere

The hate comes from a few things here are a few....

1. Gurkha tends to require B&M retailer to hold the high MSRP on their cigars, while allowing CI (and a few other online sites) to heavily discount.
    2. Gurkha will change the wrapper on a cigar and call it a totally different, so instead of the cameroon wrapper as a choice on the Class Regent they put the cameroon on and call it a Nepalese Warrior
    3. Gurkha tends to focus a lot their packaging. Many people feel the cigars inside do not match the quality of the packaging, therefore luring in new/unexperienced smokers to be an inferior product.

Now with all that being said. I am a fan of some the Gurkhas. The Nepalese Warrior, Centurian, and Triple Ligero are all on my regular c-bid list. To me it goes back to smoke what you like, and like what you smoke.

Scotch & Cigars

Thanks for the explanation teedles, certainly sheds some light on it for me.

And I guess their packaging worked on me since a box of Gurkha Legends was my first bundle purchase lol, but for $3 a stick I really enjoy them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast