Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

ROTT smoke

This is a discussion on ROTT smoke within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Okay, I think it's safe to say that we all know you need to rest those sticks when your shipment ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes CaptainBlenderman's Avatar

ROTT smoke

Okay, I think it's safe to say that we all know you need to rest those sticks when your shipment arrives, some longer than others. Then again, we all get impatient and don't want to wait for them too. My boss doesn't bother with aging, he just likes to buy cigars and smoke them so if I'm ordering cigars for our stash at work, I need to keep it to selections that are going to be decent right away. So what do you think is a good ROTT smoke? My experience so far has been Nica Libres (I can pretty much only afford cheap smokes right now). Of all of the sticks I've tried (not that I've tried a LOT mind you), the Nicas are the only ones that I have truly enjoyed without much age on them (they are better with age, but that's besides the point). I'm sure it would be the case with any cigars that are supposedly already aged, but what do you think? What has your experience been?

Puffer Fish with some spikes RealtorFrank's Avatar

Re: ROTT smoke

I have always had good experiences with the CAO La Traviata, La Traviata Maduro, and the Brazilia right out of the box.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Ligero Mike's Avatar

Padrons, smoke these while your others rest for a while.
    <-------thanks to Wiseguy1982, my boobs bounce in all their unbridled glory!

Maybe you should give the 30 yr old bundles Loren has for sale a try, that is a bout as old aged as you are going to get ROTT

edit with linky : http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/retail...a-blowout.html

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Short Stories are good ROTT, but they may be more pricey than you're looking for. The two Los Blancos I've tried - Nine and Sumatra, were both really good ROTT as well. Again, not sure if they meet your price point.
    Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligero Mike View Post
    Padrons, smoke these while your others rest for a while.
    I've heard that. Unfortunately, as much as I'd love a box of those on hand, they are a little out of my price range, as are the Short Stories and Los Blancos. We like to keep it at $3 or less per stick. At least that's his threshold...mine is more like $2...

But really, my financial woes aside, I'm more asking as a point of curiosity to see what everyone's experience has been than I am looking for some. But in the process, I certainly don't mind having some more suggestions/options for future purchases! And it would be nice to have a good go-to that I can smoke while I'm waiting for others to rest. As much as I enjoy the Nica Libres, I only have a few on hand and I do like variety...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Try the Padron 2000 or 3000...they wont break the account and you don't have to buy a whole box..get a dozen from those places that have free Shipping..like TampaHumidors. I think they run about $4.50 a stick for the 2000 and $4.95 for the 3000.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlenderman View Post
    We like to keep it at $3 or less per stick. At least that's his threshold...mine is more like $2...
    I didn't mention these before because every time anyone asks anything about specific cigars, they are my answer - Sancho Panza Double Maduro Quixotes. I thought everyone would get tired of hearing that broken record. I buy them from Total Wine for $2.49 a stick, but you can find them online for as low as $2.00 if you buy a box (or a bundle of 4 fivers from Famous). I'm sure they will be better with age, but I enjoy them ROTT.
    Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritones View Post
    I didn't mention these before because every time anyone asks anything about specific cigars, they are my answer - Sancho Panza Double Maduro Quixotes. I thought everyone would get tired of hearing that broken record. I buy them from Total Wine for $2.49 a stick, but you can find them online for as low as $2.00 if you buy a box (or a bundle of 4 fivers from Famous). I'm sure they will be better with age, but I enjoy them ROTT.
    Yeah, I just need to break down and get some of those one of these days. They might be on the docket the next time we are up for some work sticks (the latest batch are a series of 5 packs on CBid and a couple of 5 packs of Maria Mancinis from JR since someone else here at work is placing an order with them). I love spending other people's money... "Mitch, you need to get us some more cigars..." Love it. Of course, if I want some I still have to buy my own, but it's still fun to shop!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Rookee's Avatar

I really enjoy La Gloria Cuban Wavell, great smoke for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Rookee View Post
    I really enjoy La Gloria Cuban Wavell, great smoke for the price.
    Sure, but is it a good ROTT smoke?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Rookee's Avatar

They sure are, i try everything ROTT these never let me down.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish grumpy1328's Avatar

Flor de Oliva, Toros, 6x50, $31.09 per bundle of 20, plus shipping, from superiorcigars.com. I think I remember shipping was $5.95. I smoke these ROTT and have not had a bad one yet. Rapidly becoming one of my favorites.
    Right now you can also get robusto bundles 5x50, bundle of 25, $38.22 plus shipping.
    Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most.

5 Vegas Series A. Great ROTT and only around $2 each.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by zeavran1 View Post
    5 Vegas Series A. Great ROTT and only around $2 each.
    +1. I enjoy all of the Gran Habano labels ROTT. Can usually be had for $2-3 a stick.