Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

What is your favorite ROTT?

This is a discussion on What is your favorite ROTT? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Ok I know it seems like I'm post whoring but I just found out what ROTT means and it raised ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Citizen Zero's Avatar

What is your favorite ROTT?

Ok I know it seems like I'm post whoring but I just found out what ROTT means and it raised the question. Typically when I go to the B&M I get 1 for now and 1 for the humi just out of ritual. I understand the concept of resting a cigar but I see people resting for a year or more. So my question is what do y'all smoke as your "right out of the shop" stick?

Re: What is your favorite ROTT?

Fuente Rosoda and La Aroma de Cuba EE. Those are my favorite bought and smoked ROTT sticks rite now.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Citizen Zero's Avatar

The La Aroma's look nice. Gonna have to add that to my wishlist.

Oliva. I've never had a bad Oliva right out of the shop.

Full grown Puffer Fish jaypulay's Avatar

I've yet to smoke a bad Monty 4
    Team Canada Member

Puffer With No Spikes shannensmall's Avatar

There is a difference between ROTT and ROTS. There is no telling how long the gar has had to rest at the shop and is usually in better condition for smoking than one off a truck. A cigar is exposed to more changes in humidity and temp during it's truck ride to your house. This has the biggest effects during summer when the temps on a delivery truck can reach over 100 degrees, depending on where you live.

So to answer your question, I've never had a bad stick ROTS, but ROTT I would have to vote for the G H 3 Siglos. They don't seem to care how hot they are or what humidity (within reason) they were stored in.
    A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.

The one that smoked the best ROTT was an AF Double Chateau. It had an even burn, didn't need a relight and had a wonderful flavor.

Any Padron.
    "Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."
    __________________Vince Lombardi

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by scrunchie View Post
    Any Padron.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by gehrig97 View Post
    Agreed.
    Any Padron Annivesary. I don't care for the x000 that much anyway but they do benefit from a little rest.

Press the button Max! Breakaway500's Avatar

^Second the Paddy Annys. I've also found a few "regular" Paddys a tad bitter without some time in the Humidor. Opus X are quite nice right away as well.
    When I think of all the good times that I've wasted..having good times...

Leading Puffer Fish jdfutureman's Avatar

I agree with the Oliva V's and the LADC EE's. Never rested them and never had a bad one
    "Stay thirsty my friends" -- The Most Interesting Man in the World

Leading Puffer Fish Slowpokebill's Avatar

Most of what I buy spends a few days in shipping and always gets a couple weeks to recuperate from shipping.

After that little rest most Padrons smoke very well. Another that smokes well ROTT is, another of my favorites, the Oliva Series G Maduro. They don't seem to gain much if anthing with age.

The Oliva V is good ROTT the truck but give it a year or more and it so much is better.

A stick that I've had bad luck ROTT with when it comes to flavor is the Liga Privada #9. After a year in the humidor they have wowed me.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish tebone673's Avatar

I've always enjoyed the Pepin Cuban Classic 1979 ROTT.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish maxwell62's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tebone673 View Post
    I've always enjoyed the Pepin Cuban Classic 1979 ROTT.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me too...if I knew how to 'bring up' the invisible ink, bet it reads "Light up at once."