Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

How to light an unfinished cigar?

This is a discussion on How to light an unfinished cigar? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I was just wondering if someone could shed some light on how to cut a cigar with an unfinished foot. ...

How to light an unfinished cigar?

I was just wondering if someone could shed some light on how to cut a cigar with an unfinished foot. I have a Tatuaje Gran Cojonu and it has an uncut foot. If someone who has had experience with this cigar or a similar one could help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance everyone!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Re: How to light an unfinished cigar?

Just light it...at some point the end is going to burn off or you can make a clean cut of the foot and start your burn there.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

I thought it would be best to just light it. It seems to keep the fire from charring the filler during the lighting process.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    Just light it...at some point the end is going to burn off or you can make a clean cut of the foot and start your burn there.
    plus 1 to the above. Took the words out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    AAaaahhh the vast knowledge of Gary.

My thoughts exactly. I have some Viaje Summerfest that have the "shag foot" and I ran my guiotine cutter down to the shag and snipped off. The B&M owner I got it from said he tried to light the shag and smoke it, but it wasn't worth the effort. Just to cut and smoke.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Tis true Shawn...shaggy feet tend not to burn evenly so you need to torch it thoroughly before drawing. I think it's easier just to do what you said...draw down with your cutter and cut it and torch. I torched the shaggy end one time and you should have seen everybody watch it light up...lol
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

I should have read the title more carefully. When you said "uncut", I thought you meant something like a figurado.