Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Best smokes under $1 dollar El Cheapo thread

This is a discussion on Best smokes under $1 dollar El Cheapo thread within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; The country needs a good dollar cigar! Alright gentleman. We have done lists for 5, 3 and 2 dollars. Now ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes BKDW's Avatar

Best smokes under $1 dollar El Cheapo thread

The country needs a good dollar cigar!

Alright gentleman. We have done lists for 5, 3 and 2 dollars.

Now I am going even lower: 1 dollar.

What are the best smokes you have had for 1 dollar or less?

I will start:

La Finca Cazadores --surprisingly tasty after a very long rest period (toasted almonds, hints of pepper, cream, floral notes here and there).

Oliveros Classico (ain't too shabby.... I will take Jerry's word that they will improve dramatically with some good rest).
    "I don't expect a consumer to spend $15 on a cigar and have to sit on it for two years..." Jorge Padron

Puffer Fish with many spikes HydroRaven's Avatar

Re: Best smokes under $1 dollar El Cheapo thread

I was waiting on this thread!

phillies blunt. thats the only cigar i ever bought for a dollar or less. i hope this thread produces something good!
    "Laugh now Cry later"

Padilla Fumas Robusto, after one year of rest.
    "The sky might not be falling but the clouds are rolling in and freedom is on the run." tpharkman ..,, "The future ain't what it used to be." Yogi Berra

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes BKDW's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    Padilla Fumas Robusto, after one year of rest.
    Ah ha.

I have heard people talk a lot of crap about that stick....

What is the flavor profile like? Is it most like any of the other Padillas?

I will have to pull the trigger then....
    "I don't expect a consumer to spend $15 on a cigar and have to sit on it for two years..." Jorge Padron

Padillas for a dollar! i might try them myself!
    "Laugh now Cry later"

Quote Originally Posted by BKDW View Post
    Ah ha.

I have heard people talk a lot of crap about that stick....

What is the flavor profile like? Is it most like any of the other Padillas?

I will have to pull the trigger then....
    When I first got them I smoked some and they were mostly tasteless. I bought them to smoke at night after work in the winter, when I didn't want to waste a good cigar. Last winter they weren't even up to that humble task, but I tried one again this year and voila! they have a nice medium tobacco flavor with vegetal hints and a little nuttiness and toast. I believe the wrapper is Ct maybe Ecuador Ct. That adds the nutty taste. They are short filler so they'll get hot if you push them like I do, but who cares when it's 15 degrees out. Not a Padron or an Opus by any stretch of the imagination but a good workman's smoke.

Edit: Well, I just looked on CI's site and they supposedly are wrapped in a dark Cuban seed Corojo wrapper. That is the lightest "dark" wrapper I have seen. Plus, I don't get half the flavors they describe them as having. So much for their description.
    Last edited by Arnie; 11-27-2010 at 10:31 PM.
    "The sky might not be falling but the clouds are rolling in and freedom is on the run." tpharkman ..,, "The future ain't what it used to be." Yogi Berra

BHS

Villiger Export Maduro (4 X 37) - Box of 50 is about $43. They don't need to stay in the humidor and they make for a darn fine quickie smoke that you don't mind tossing in a pinch but rarely every do because they are actually good. I smoke one of these on my ride to work in the morning and if I take it slow I get an easy 35 minutes out of it. Or I can smoke one on my lunch break in around 15 minutes. These aren't top grade cigars but they are extremely consistent machine mades. I am telling you....you can't go wrong.

I am going to be ordering a box of the La Aurora Principes (also small and under $1) and doing a comparison soon. Keep an eye out for that in January.

King of All Puffer Fish KcJason1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ptpablo View Post
    phillies blunt. thats the only cigar i ever bought for a dollar or less. i hope this thread produces something good!
    I will see your phillie blunt and raise you a black and mild...

Used to be a place called CFO that had a Nic Blend #7 that were about 70 cents or so, and a pretty good smoke after resting for about a year.
    They shipped very wet, and made a good humidifier for that year.
    The site is still around, I think, but I think calling is best (and the name is Barb if I remember correctly).
    I still have a few left, about 2 years old, and they are smoking very well. I prefer Nic cigars, and you could tell these were rolled with good leaf. They just need a lot of rest.

Might be worthwhile to see if they are still around.
    Skeeter was here....

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Fury556's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    Used to be a place called CFO that had a Nic Blend #7 that were about 70 cents or so, and a pretty good smoke after resting for about a year.
    They shipped very wet, and made a good humidifier for that year.
    The site is still around, I think, but I think calling is best (and the name is Barb if I remember correctly).
    I still have a few left, about 2 years old, and they are smoking very well. I prefer Nic cigars, and you could tell these were rolled with good leaf. They just need a lot of rest.

Might be worthwhile to see if they are still around.
    Are you taking about WELCOME to the OUTLET ?

Scotch & Cigars

Quote Originally Posted by KcJason1 View Post
    I will see your phillie blunt and raise you a black and mild...
    Black and molds are 1.50 here!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Citizen Zero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fury556 View Post
    Are you taking about WELCOME to the OUTLET ?
    I went to the site and now I am intrigued. It is an expedition I am willing to take in a couple months so I will keep everyone posted on my findings.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Zero View Post
    I went to the site and now I am intrigued. It is an expedition I am willing to take in a couple months so I will keep everyone posted on my findings.
    The maduro box pressed at 25 for $25 sounds pretty decent. I might end up trying them.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Citizen Zero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TXsmoker View Post
    The maduro box pressed at 25 for $25 sounds pretty decent. I might end up trying them.
    Thats what I was thinking. I say smoke one when they arrive just as a measuring stick and see where they end up at 1, 2, and 5, years.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast