Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fresh rolled cigars?

This is a discussion on Fresh rolled cigars? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; So I'm going to an event tonight where they will be rolling cigars to sell. Can you smoke them as ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Fury556's Avatar

Fresh rolled cigars?

So I'm going to an event tonight where they will be rolling cigars to sell. Can you smoke them as soon an they are rolled? How long after they are rolled can you still smoke them before they go into the sick phase (this does happen, right?) What can I expect for flavors?

Re: Fresh rolled cigars?

They should be smokeable right after rolling. Not sure how long it takes for them to start the 1st fermentation. I would think it would depend on many factors.

The real Sistine Chapel jbrown287's Avatar

I think that would be awesome, to be able to see your cigar rolled and within minutes be smoking the thing.
    Why pay $100 on a therapy session when you can spend $25 on a cigar? Raul Julia
    I also suffer from Entomophobia

Sam Leccia (proprietor of Nub) told me to smoke them within 2 days or wait about 90 days before smoking them.

I smoked 2 Cain F's that he rolled that day with cameroon wraps on them. It was pretty cool.

I have had them right after rolling. Just don't be surprised if they knock you on your butt. They have not had time to rest and might pack a punch. Enjoy your event!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Brinson's Avatar

There's a place on sixth street in Austin, Tx where they roll cigars in the window and you buy them inside.

Its pretty neat.

I went to a charity wine event last weekend and there was a hand roller there. I got two of his creations and some other people I was with grabbed some. The others smoked theirs right away, but I waited until Thurs. The guys that smoked theirs right away said they were fantastic. Mine started out really good and then went flavorless about a third in. I'll let the other one sit about 6 months before I smoke that one. We're going to try to get this guy out to some other charity events this year, so I'll try some more when they're fresh.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes BKDW's Avatar

I prefer a year or more of rest on them before I smoke them.

I never liked freshly rolled cigars--but they are 'smokeable', yes.

As was said by a previous poster, they might pack a punch.
    "I don't expect a consumer to spend $15 on a cigar and have to sit on it for two years..." Jorge Padron

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Mr_Black's Avatar

I work in conventions at Disney and they have Cigar Rollers quite often and they don't recommend smoking them right away, but I think that is debatable. I have had one right after it was rolled and I thought it was great! Enjoy yourself tonight!
    Cheers!

I would smoke some there and take a few home to age. I enjoyed many cigars rolled right infront of me.

I'll be at a BrewFest in April - one of the vendors is a hand roller. Pretty expensive, between $9 and $16, but I'll pick up a few.

Alpha Puffer Fish lukesparksoff's Avatar

don't put a fresh roll in your humidor(Dam Bugs) my bud lost everything, he was so sick
    "A wisely chosen cigar, to me, is like a weapon against certain of life’s torments; in some mysterious way, a little blue smoke chases them away." Zino Davidoff

I think that would be awesome, to be able to see your cigar rolled and within minutes be smoking the thing.
    I have done it, and it is. Many B&Ms periodically have events that they bring a roller in for. In my case I had to buy three of a specific kind of stick, and in return I got my own free stick rolled on the spot.

A friend of mine went on a scuba diving trip to Honduras a couple of years ago. They had a guy at the resort rolling cigars and selling them. My friend smoked them fresh and he says they were the best cigars he's ever smoked.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Fury556's Avatar

These things are pretty damn tasty. They had 3 rollers from the Fuentes factory rolling the cigars. Smoked 2 there and brought a few home also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast