Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What is wrong with USPS?

This is a discussion on What is wrong with USPS? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; ...

King of All Puffer Fish KcJason1's Avatar

What is wrong with USPS?

So USPS really sux... Cigary was generous enough to bomb me.. But check this out.. They didn't deliver it because it had only screen name and USPS didn't know who it was for... Even with my address.. So they returned the package to sender... Gary got it straightened out and sent back my way.. Only thing is it hasn't made it yet... Last known destination for the package was kansas city.. Where it should be on it's way to me... Or is it?!?!? 5 days ago it left the sort facility and still hasn't made It to Overland park which is 20min away from Kansas city... WTF USPS!!!

I called today to inquire... They have to investigate.. I should be getting a call within 2 business days... Where the F is it USPS? It left the shrt facaility on the 6th and is in transit according to your site... It's already been over 2 weeks... Those poor sticks..

Label/Receipt Number: 0310 2010 0001 1928 2118
    Expected Delivery Date: May 27, 2011
    Class: First-Class Mail®
    Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was processed through and left our KANSAS CITY, MO 64121 facility on June 06, 2011 at 10:17 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day.

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, June 06, 2011, 10:17 pm, KANSAS CITY, MO 64121
    Processed through Sort Facility, June 05, 2011, 5:09 pm, KANSAS CITY, KS 66106
    Processed through Sort Facility, June 03, 2011, 11:15 am, MEMPHIS, TN 38136
    Processed through Sort Facility, June 02, 2011, 8:34 pm, ATLANTA, GA 30369
    Processed through Sort Facility, May 30, 2011, 2:03 am, WICHITA, KS 67276
    Insufficient Address, May 26, 2011, 9:54 am, OVERLAND PARK, KS
    Undeliverable as Addressed, May 26, 2011, 9:44 am, OVERLAND PARK, KS 66223
    Out for Delivery, May 26, 2011, 9:06 am, OVERLAND PARK, KS 66223
    Sorting Complete, May 26, 2011, 8:56 am, OVERLAND PARK, KS 66223
    Arrival at Post Office, May 26, 2011, 75 am, OVERLAND PARK, KS 66223
    Processed through Sort Facility, May 25, 2011, 9:53 pm, KANSAS CITY, KS 66106
    Processed through Sort Facility, May 25, 2011, 12:50 am, ATLANTA, GA 30320
    Acceptance, May 24, 2011, 1:55 pm, ACWORTH, GA 30101

Re: What is wrong with USPS?

Same thing happens to us with Canada Post, I sent a package to Manitoba and it took forever, I called and shortly afterwards it made it's way to it's destination...
    The Krazy Kanuck

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes CALIFORNIA KID's Avatar

I understand how packages get lost.

What i don't understand is no delivery for a screen name. I would think it would be the same as an alias.
    disclaimer: I am a just a guy with too many cigars and too many guns, what ever I say is probably wrong. PM me if you are in the 916 and want to herf

Scotch & Cigars

you won't get a call unless your PO is way different than the others...I had a package go MIA after calling every single day for 3 weeks all I got was a "yea you are out of luck, we can't find it" package was at least 1 foot long and weighed over 15 pounds...

I mailed something priority a while back to Cape May NJ...about 2 hours from me...took 8 days. Good ole USPS.

i had to send a pif out and only had a first name and usps refused to even accept it without a last name. So i said hey ill put their screenname as a last name and they said theres no garuentee theyll get it.....wtf way to love your job lady
    you should see a dr for erections lasting longer than 4 hours, does that apply to e-peens as well?

Scotch & Cigars

I get packages addressed to Pink Pony, Ray Bieber, Pony Express, Bieber Pony Man etc etc, it just seems different offices do what they want.

I do like my mailman though!

Puffer Fish with some spikes TheBelgiumWaffle's Avatar

I hate USPS! I wanted to send my first bomb and it took 15 minutes with them and I think my package has been traveling over a week and still hasn't gotten there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock31 View Post
    I get packages addressed to Pink Pony, Ray Bieber, Pony Express, Bieber Pony Man etc etc, it just seems different offices do what they want.

I do like my mailman though!

mailman ever give you a box laughing hysterically....or have you been put on a watch list with all the dora explorer boxes coming in
    you should see a dr for erections lasting longer than 4 hours, does that apply to e-peens as well?

Who the heck is USPS to decide what does and does not constitute a name? Their job is to get the package to the address on the item to be delivered name, no name, regardless of name.

I had a Priority box sent to Donovan that took about three weeks, if I remember correctly.

I'm forgiving about a day or two but, frankly, I pay for Priority so that I can not deal with the media mail, first class and parcel post problems.

All depends on your local post office.
    My daughter sent me a card while on a vacation.
    She forgot to write the address, only my name and city and I got it.

When I have to sign for something, she'll ask, "Oh, another pipe?"
    THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader max gas's Avatar

maybe the USPS is on to the activities here on Puff and your local post man is enjoying your sticks

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

I've been doing a 'forensic' autopsy on this whole debacle and called various people, Supervisors, etc.

They tell me that all packages are scanned without any human contact as far as putting it on a truck...if it is warranted as 'undeliverable' as it has been tagged because there was no last name...( it did have the correct address ) so it keeps going thru a scanning process thru each sorting city...Kansas City is the rectum of the whole scenario..( which is one reason I moved from that town because of shit like this...I lived there and worked there so I'm not talking out of my ass...this is a regular day )

I put in a call ticket and was issued a Case Number...BFD...cuz it still says it is in KC and I asked that this package either be delivered to the address as shown on it or returned to me...the MF has not moved in 3 days and I am livid. Then I got ahold of some CS who told me that since it doesn't touch human hands as it goes thru each facility he's not sure when it will be kicked out of the system...at this point my brain melted down and started coming out of my ears as I said.." Dude, are you f'n kidding me? You can't identify a package with a DC number...a Case Number and it's going to keep going from facility to facility until some cogznizant person with a living brain cell in KC can identify that this package has more labels and shit on it than a package that has been around the world 5 times? This is your answer? You don't f'n know?" The next thing I hear is my signal that says the call is no longer live. USPS....F U!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Cigary; 06-10-2011 at 10:38 PM.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    Who the heck is USPS to decide what does and does not constitute a name? Their job is to get the package to the address on the item to be delivered name, no name, regardless of name.

mine was going to a po box and i dont know the rules involved with those but yeah i cant see why it would have been a problem

Elder Puffer Fish Leader NoShhhSherlock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by max gas View Post
    maybe the USPS is on to the activities here on Puff and your local post man is enjoying your sticks

I believe you are on to something!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast