Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

An unrealistic request?

This is a discussion on An unrealistic request? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; So i just, before leaving to come down to my parents place (i left about 10 pm) a box of ...

No longer a community member.

An unrealistic request?

So i just, before leaving to come down to my parents place (i left about 10 pm) a box of punisher cigars from cigar.com as well as a box of obsidian and some other stuff (about a $200 order)

this is a huge order for me, ive never purchased a box before.

needless to say.. the "daily deal" is punisher cigars.

for $70 a box instead of $100

would it be weird to request they cancel the order so i can put a new one in?

at the same time.. i got the "+6 cigars" (3 intenso and 3 punisher) and 105/19 = $5.52/cigar and the daily deal comes out to 70 for 13, so $5.38/cigar..

basically im getting that 6 pack for $35 instead of 5.. which i guess still isnt a horrible deal. oh my ocd is acting up.

durp..

well i guess.. has this ever happened to any of you as well? You buy a box or something and immediately after it goes on sale?
    Last edited by Zogg; 07-18-2011 at 03:20 AM.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Re: An unrealistic request?

Yep....happens a lot and when you buy something that goes on sale before it ships out you can call the Vendor to see if they will credit your billing to reflect the sale price. Depending on who you talk with ( ask to speak to a Supervisor so you don't have to repeat the story 3 times ) and if you've ordered before there's a good chance they will credit your account...not all the time but a good chance. I've had to eat my full purchase price when the same thing went on sale a week later...it happens.

When you order in the future call them and ask if there are going to be any sales on this particular cigar ( take names and the time you called to ensure just in case it does go on sale...that you talked with so and so and they assured you there wasn't going to be a sale) and then buy with confidence.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    Yep....happens a lot and when you buy something that goes on sale before it ships out you can call the Vendor to see if they will credit your billing to reflect the sale price. Depending on who you talk with ( ask to speak to a Supervisor so you don't have to repeat the story 3 times ) and if you've ordered before there's a good chance they will credit your account...not all the time but a good chance. I've had to eat my full purchase price when the same thing went on sale a week later...it happens.

When you order in the future call them and ask if there are going to be any sales on this particular cigar ( take names and the time you called to ensure just in case it does go on sale...that you talked with so and so and they assured you there wasn't going to be a sale) and then buy with confidence.
    ah, so just depends who you get pretty much :P

thanks for the info!

I checked my bank acct and they dinged my CC already for the price..

but then again looking at it, its an extra 20 cents per cigar because i got the +6 deal with the box, so really i'd be arguing for a $0.14 per cigar decrease, now that i look at it.

I want to bomb a few people so 6 more cigars for a slight price difference works for me, not worth the hassle.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader NoShhhSherlock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post

Cigar.com just won some points in my book, my first order there and they refunded the difference no questions asked, the guy was just like "oh, that sucks! we'll refund the price difference on the box no problem"

i called and was waiting for like 10 minutes, so i did the online chat thing and it worked perfectly. hooray technology.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

There ya go - I always say "You never know the answer if you don't ask the question" Worse that can happen is you wont get the answer you were hoping for. Glad it worked out for you.

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
    Cigar.com just won some points in my book, my first order there and they refunded the difference no questions asked, the guy was just like "oh, that sucks! we'll refund the price difference on the box no problem"

i called and was waiting for like 10 minutes, so i did the online chat thing and it worked perfectly. hooray technology.
    Cigar.com has come to be (IMHO) the best online cigar co....well, online! Their customer service is perfect, they send fresh cigars, always well packed in a zip bag, usually with a humi-pouch and they have fair-good prices!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Scotch & Cigars

Good luck with those Punisher's!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock31 View Post
    Good luck with those Punisher's!
    i will be making a review for sure

Anytime you are dealing with Ccom call them on the phone and you will get the best customer service ever.

Luva Sweet Easy Retrohale aroma's Avatar

I did this very thing recently with CigarKing/PhatAsh - I placed an order at CigarKing, and then realized that PhatAsh had a better price for the same item.

I placed the order online, in the evening. Next morning, I called them up, and they adjusted the price to the lower of the two prices. I called early in the morning, and the person who picked up the phone was the company owner. He was pleasant to deal with, and he confirmed to me that he does, in fact, own both sites.
    puff-o-matic (cigar puff timer)

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aroma View Post
    I did this very thing recently with CigarKing/PhatAsh - I placed an order at CigarKing, and then realized that PhatAsh had a better price for the same item.

I placed the order online, in the evening. Next morning, I called them up, and they adjusted the price to the lower of the two prices. I called early in the morning, and the person who picked up the phone was the company owner. He was pleasant to deal with, and he confirmed to me that he does, in fact, own both sites.
    Thats what they call, "Customer Service"...thanks for sharing!

Long ashes to ya!
    Tommy
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

these got to my apartment in 2 days! o.o

if i knew they shipped from PA i would have sent them to my parents house (im house sitting! haha) damn! guess ill wait till sat to get my cigars :P

Puffer Fish with many spikes bcannon87's Avatar

+1 For the great customer service at Ccom!!! My first online order was with them and I had a lot of newbie questions and they guy I talked to was patient and very helpful! And the items I wished to order went on sell the next afternoon and called them as soon as I saw it and refunded me the difference no questions asked! GREAT COMPANY!! Oltimes Cigars - Casselberry, FL also has some real great customer service... I went to order some FFOX Super Belis and I wasnt sure if I had the funds in my checking account and they held me the 5er I wanted back till I called them back and placed the order!!