Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

PADRON= worth the cost?

This is a discussion on PADRON= worth the cost? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; So as you can tell by my title I am wondering if padron cigars are worth the cost. Ive read ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish joshbhs04's Avatar

PADRON= worth the cost?

So as you can tell by my title I am wondering if padron cigars are worth the cost. Ive read alot of reviews about them and would love to try them but the price is a lil steep. I dont mind spending the money but I wanted to ask for some random BOTL knowledge first!

Home Brewin' Herfer doomXsaloon's Avatar

Re: PADRON= worth the cost?

Hey, I've gotten some very inexpensive Padrons that have been excellent...the Padron 2000 and 3000. (Here in NY with its ridiculous cigar tax, the 3000 sells for around $5-$6 at the B&Ms.) The 3000 is my go-to smoke...rich and delicious hints and notes of spice; good draw; nice smoke....consistent, solid ceegar....IMHO, a great smoke and a great value!

Young Puffer Fish

Which particular cigar did you have in mind? I recently tried a 1964 Anniversary for the first time, and it was the by far the best smoke I've ever had.

So, in short, yes they are worth the cost (at least to me).

No longer a community member.

The X-000 is by far worth the money. excellent cigars. Now when you get into the the Anniversary lines alot of guys I know (including me) have no problem spending that price point. But some others don't think the are worth it. I have no problem spending $26 for a Padron 80th Ann. is its a special occasion. (birthday,holiday, proper bowel movement).

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

IMHO Padrons are good ROTT and even better with age. So I would say yes they are worth the price.
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Bad Andy's Avatar

I have never had a Padron that I didn't like. The x-000 series is my go to smoke. (and the short story).

But the anniversaries (1926 and 1964's) and family reserves are my favorite smokes of all time. I think they are better than some CC that I have had (but I haven't had that many).

-Andy

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish joshbhs04's Avatar

I will def try one of the x000's. But I was inquiring more about the annv series. I know they have to be good to be that expensinve. Does anyone know of a place that sells padron annv samplers? I would like to try a lil bit of each style before I go in deeper lol.

Home Brewin' Herfer doomXsaloon's Avatar

Just checked my notes....back in October I smoked a 1964 Anniversary (for my Anniversary!), outside around a fire, cool Autumn night... and it was indeed an excellent experience!!
    (Don't remember what I paid.)

Both the x000 and Anni. series are worth it IMO. The fact you can smoke them right away makes them invaluable to me (not patient when it comes to cigars).
    I don't always smoke cigars, but when I do, I prefer Ron Mexico

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

Worth every penny. Doesn't matter which one you're looking at.
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes BKDW's Avatar

I think they are worth the cost.

Some people might have problems with the flavor profile, and I understand that, especially with the 2000 and 3000.

My favorite (outside of the 26s and 64s) is EASILY the Londres.... I think it has the perfect wrapper to filler ratio and I think the complexity of the Padron classic series really shines with this stick for some reason. At under $3 a pop, that one is easily worth the $$$.

Most of the Padrons are worth it IMO.
    "I don't expect a consumer to spend $15 on a cigar and have to sit on it for two years..." Jorge Padron

The padron anny sampler can be had in the 1926 series or the 1964 series, the maduro is available in the 1964 series. They usually run around 60-85 bucks or so depending on the sampler and where you get it. look around online. Just saw it at old virginia cigar company for 87 bucks
    Man I wish I had something witty and inspiring to say. Or even a URL to share.

Leading Puffer Fish Slowpokebill's Avatar

"YES" is all that needs to be said.

As others here have said, yes they're worth it. Padrons come to you aged already, so the extra buck or two you spend on them is offset by not having to tuck it away in the cooler for two years to age properly.

As far as I know they do not have mixed samplers - just vitola samplers (one of each size of the 1964, etc).

I prefer the 1964 Maduro in the smaller ring gauges (I prefer all of my cigars in smaller RG) to the 1926, but I would NEVER turn down a '26 if someone was offering me one (and, not surprisingly, nobody has ever offered me one)! I've also enjoyed every Family Reserve Anniversary that I've smoked, though those are few and far between due to their cost.

Also, BKDW hit the nail on the head with the "classic line" Londres. I go back and forth about whether I prefer the natural or maduro best, but you can routinely get a box of 30 for under $80 - unbeatable!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes fivespdcat's Avatar

As far as the anniversary series is concerned, I say no. If it was worth it to me to pay over $20 for one stick I would, but I don't even have one in my humidor out of the hundreds I stock. While I think it is a really good cigar, I do not think it is 6 times better than the 601 blues I have in the humidor, or 4 times better than the MBIII, etc. I like them, just not enough to spend the cash on them!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast