Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best Internet site

This is a discussion on Best Internet site within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Ive been buying my cigars for year at my local JR Cigar shop but have recently been browsing the web ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Truebigmike75's Avatar

Best Internet site

Ive been buying my cigars for year at my local JR Cigar shop but have recently been browsing the web on some of these site and was wondering which do you all think is the best to order from?

Re: Best Internet site

.....Their is no on-line retailer that offers lower prices then Cigar Bid. None come close actually. If you can be satisfied with the cigar lines they offer you you can consider $3 as your average price four your go to daily's. That is if Padilla, Perdomo, 5 Vegas, Gurkha, Graycliff, Carlos Torano, Gran Habano, Joya De Nicaragua, La Aurora, La Perla Habana, Victor Sinclair, Oliveros, and a few others float your boat.

.....I have to go to JR some times to get a some Partagas Blacks, Sancho Panza's, Bolivar Confradia's, La Esceocion's and their great prices on Cask-Aged cigars, FourFers, and Art of Cigars 8 Packs. Their weekly specials suck for the most part.

.....And if Cigar Bid gets shut down, no other retailer I have seen other then C.I. ever offers a cigar that tastes as good as Padilla Signature 1932 for $3.70 or $2.50 Cohiba Red Dot, CAO America, Punch Deluxe, La Gloria Cubana, Macanudo Cru Royal, or Partagas Padre. I may have to look harder but have yet to find one.

I've had good luck with Atlantic Cigar, they will email you when shipments come in too.

ghe
    Leading Puffer Fish

There really is no "best" online retailer, any more than there is a "best" B&M. Sellers based in Florida and Pennsylvania often have the lowest prices because of the absence of state cigar taxes. Altadis owns JR, so it often has the best deals/selection on those brands. Swedish Match owns Cigars International, so its brands are often best buys there. In addition to price, there's customer service, shipping methods and costs, cigar condition and other considerations. I'd recommend looking over numerous shops online, getting some catalogs and experiment with orders until you find one you like.

Depends on the cigars you buy to be honest with you.

Maturing Puffer Fish

I just discovered cigarbid.com, but prior to that I was buying from famous smokes and their deal-of-the-hour site cigarmonster.com. Prices not as low as cigarinternational.com, but I quite like them for the different samplers, and their service has been good.

My favorite has been cigar.com followed by cigars international.com. If you like samplers, they often put together some of the best I've seen and the prices are great. They also offer email specials and name your price specials that are sometimes outstanding.

Have any of You Guys bought from Serious Cigars out of Houston Tx? They have a box that I'm looking for on their web site, but I would like to know they are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by ckay View Post
    Depends on the cigars you buy to be honest with you.
    This. If you're looking at the big mass produced brands, the cheapest prices are going to be at the stores that get them at the deepest discount. In the case of General Cigars, this means CI as they are owned by the same company.

On the other hand, if you are looking at the more boutique companies, you can often get them at the same price or even a little cheaper at a small store than you can at one of the big warehouse retailers. It's better in these cases to develop a relationship with an independent shop, as that can lead to getting discounts, free swag, and priority access to limited and new run stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by fishfarmer View Post
    Have any of You Guys bought from Serious Cigars out of Houston Tx? They have a box that I'm looking for on their web site, but I would like to know they are legit.
    I've never personally purchased from Serious, but I know a lot of people who have with no issues at all. They're a trusted retailer.

Quote Originally Posted by fishfarmer View Post
    I have been to both of their B&M's in Houston and they have an excellent selection and the best prices on the Zino Classic line hands down. However I have never ordered from them online. Serious has a huge operation on the northwest side of Houston and they acquired an existing store in the Houston Galleria area (used to be Croft's Pipes and Tobacco) that I would consider the premier pipe store in Houston other than The Briar Shoppe. Just my $.002!

I have bought from them a few times online, fast and efficient. Found the best price for my everyday cigar AF SS at Atlantic.

Thumbs up Re: Best Internet site

Thanks Guys That's what I was hoping to hear!

Puffer Fish with some spikes MitchellF's Avatar

I used to shop at JR On-Line almost exclusively. Their weekly specials really have gone downhill. They used to be excellent several years ago but they have changed their site and stores dramatically since last year. They have cut down on inventory and brands/lines they are selling. I my opinion as far as retail they have the best prices if they have what you want....usually. I have started using CI and Famous much more often and Cigarbid is an excellent place to pick up some deals if you are patient and look around real good. Bottom line, you cannot go wrong with Cigarbid, JR, Famous or Cigar International in no particular order.

Puffer Fish with some spikes MitchellF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeilFP View Post
    My favorite has been cigar.com followed by cigars international.com. If you like samplers, they often put together some of the best I've seen and the prices are great. They also offer email specials and name your price specials that are sometimes outstanding.
    I have read on this forum that Cigar.com and Cigarinternational.com are owned by the same company.....Cigarbid is in there also. However, the prices between CI and Cigar.com are not close from what I have seen. Cigar.com seems to be higher with their prices. Maybe it is just the brands I am looking at but you would think if they are owned by the same company that prices would be similar.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast