Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

tingling tongue?

This is a discussion on tingling tongue? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I am starting to try more brands and have found something I like, but don't know what it is. There ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes smburnette's Avatar

tingling tongue?

I am starting to try more brands and have found something I like, but don't know what it is. There are a couple of sticks that have given me a tingling sensation on the tip if my tongue, which spreads to the entire front of my mouth. The ones that did it are the Macanudo Cru Royale, and the perdoma lot 23. Is this what is called spice, or simply the nicotine from a full bodied stick?

Re: tingling tongue?

This tingling sensation is likely caused by ammonia. In short, insufficient fermentation.

If it is bitterish with a "minty" tingle, it can also be tar. Have a look at your cut end to see if you notice any dark ooze.
    A lot of problems in the world can be solved if everyone takes the time to relax and have a cigar.

Awaiting Confirmation horseshoe's Avatar

I want to say tar, but not many people would say that they like that taste.

Puffer Fish with some spikes The Cigar Nut's Avatar

this is too weird that you started this thread - I was smoking a rocky patel exxtreme on my way home from work and I started to get that 'numb' feeling on the top of my tongue. I attributed it to the smoke drying out my mouth and to the nicotine but I honestly have no idea.

Puffer Fish with some spikes smburnette's Avatar

It is not tar. It has happened as soon as the cigar is lit. It tastes sweet, not bitter at all..

Could also just be your bodies chemistry reacting to the smoke. But then again, I'm no chemist/doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Could also just be your bodies chemistry reacting to the smoke...
    Sounds like it.
    A lot of problems in the world can be solved if everyone takes the time to relax and have a cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by sengjc View Post
    Sounds like it.
    I hate to say it but...........+1. Sorry Adam, I should have quoted you for the credit. Bloody XOOM is hard to use.
    Last edited by Tashaz; 02-18-2012 at 03:18 AM.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Cigar smoker's equivalent of a piper's tongue bite?

Just could be right mate.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.