Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Oldest Daughter's First Cigar

This is a discussion on My Oldest Daughter's First Cigar within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; As I selected a cigar to smoke today (a Sancho Panza MM Quixote, thanks to SoCalOCMatt) my oldest daughter asked ...

My Oldest Daughter's First Cigar

As I selected a cigar to smoke today (a Sancho Panza MM Quixote, thanks to SoCalOCMatt) my oldest daughter asked if she could try a cigar. It took me a moment to realize that she is indeed 18 years old, so I agreed. I chose an Ashton Esquire figuring that it was small and mild, and off we went to the front porch. I quickly taught her the basics (I did my best considering that I'm a newbie too) and let her light up. I have to say I really enjoyed just sitting there talking with her as she enjoyed her first cigar. She even took a couple of puffs from mine and liked the maduro flavor. It was a mixed moment though. The realization that my baby is grown up was marred a little by the realization that I'm old enough to have a grown daughter.
    I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. Kenneth Clark

Re: My Oldest Daughter's First Cigar

It's great to hear that the hobby is being passed on!
    You live once. Live happy.

No longer a community member.

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Good story, thanks for sharing.
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

There should be a law against daughters growing up.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTree View Post
    Yes. There should.
    I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. Kenneth Clark

Oh NO! Oh MY! Oh Wait.... itsjustkevin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrelMorris View Post
    Yes. There should.
    Hopefully some of the best times with your daughter are just to come. I know with my dad and my sister they have a real strong relationship, even more so than when she was a child growing up. The father-daughter bond only continues to grow stronger in my opinion.

Awesome! I can't wait to share that moment with my daughter...got another 11 years to go though...
    You can't be friends with a squirrel! A squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit.
    My Personal Blog: Out of Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Staxed View Post
    Awesome! I can't wait to share that moment with my daughter...got another 11 years to go though...
    Don't rush it. You'll be there sooner than you think. Enjoy every age and every milestone. We don't get the chance to go back.

Wow. That's awesome. How did she like the Ashton?

Quote Originally Posted by DarrelMorris View Post
    Don't rush it. You'll be there sooner than you think. Enjoy every age and every milestone. We don't get the chance to go back.
    I didn't get my daughter until she was 7. It makes you all the more acutely aware of how quickly time passes when you curse all the years before you were there.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

Pale Horse

Hopefully that is a recurring way to spend time with your daughter! Here's to many more stogies on the porch with your princess

Puffer Fish with some spikes Voorhees's Avatar

Nice moment in time you can always cherish. I don't have any children of my own, so I'm kinda envious.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Pandyboy's Avatar

Sounds like a lovely father daughter moment.

Quote Originally Posted by socalocmatt View Post
    Wow. That's awesome. How did she like the Ashton?
    She liked it. I'm not sure if it was the taste or just the idea of smoking a cigar, but she seemed to be enjoying herself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast