Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I may cry. I think.

This is a discussion on I may cry. I think. within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I would never come to someone's house for a cigar without bringing them at least one. Probably several more. I ...

Student of the Stogie Pianoman178's Avatar

Re: I may cry. I think.

I would never come to someone's house for a cigar without bringing them at least one. Probably several more. I wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to bomb someone in person

Unfortunately not everyone is like that. I would have enjoyed my smoke with him and never invited him back. He was just plain rude.
    "It felt like kicking a puppy, but then you felt okay again because the puppy was acting like an asshole." - David_ESM

Quote Originally Posted by tmmedic20 View Post
    Just my curiosity though... So many say not to store flavored sticks with unflavored, do you taste the bleed over, or not? Or does it enhance the taste of your other sticks for you? (sorry not trying to be rude just curious!)
    No rudeness taken at all Thomas, and the only thing I have noticed Is the Partagas have just a tiny tiny sweeter flavor to them than they had originally, which may be their proximity to the Tats, or maybe?? their age??. They have been in the same side as the Tatiana's for almost a year now all that is separating them is one of the 3 movable wooden separators. The Antonio & Cleo's still taste the same as they did the day I got them, Maybe a tad bit more mellow.
    Here is a crude text biased diagram... My local B&M's proprietor helped me set it up it's basically

[tatianas { Partagas { Large Ziplock baggie 2 Acid, Antonio & Cleo's, Avanti } Humi sticks]

[= side of humi
    {= wooden divider thingy
    ,= vertically stacked cigars Acid is the very top, Avanti's on the bottom
    The baggie is tucked under the divider by the Partagas and it sits right over the Avanti, with the Antonio & Cleo's stacked on top of it. My hygrometer is stuck on the lid.
    Last edited by Beebo; 04-24-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Man, the last couple of threads have really disappointed me on the behavior of some cigar smokers. There is nothing wrong with your smokes. Smoke what you like. Don't let this guy get under your skin. Keep being a nice guy. More people need to be generous like you.

Quote Originally Posted by beebo View Post
    [tatianas { partagas { large ziplock baggie 2 acid, antonio & cleo's, avanti } humi sticks]

[= side of humi
    {= wooden divider thingy
    ,= vertically stacked cigars acid is the very top, avanti's on the bottom
    the baggie is tucked under the divider by the partagas and it sits right over the avanti, with the antonio & cleo's stacked on top of it. My hygrometer is stuck on the lid.
    nice diagram!!!
    You might find that smoke blown out clears your mind of shadows within.

Puffer Fish with some spikes jmj_203's Avatar

I don't agree with him being rude and laughing or mocking your stash, thats not cool anytime. However try to understand some other people don't at all like flavored cigars. I have to differ from a lot of people on here and say that I do not like smoking Flavored cigars (my dad smoked Avantis so you couldn't force me to smoke one), and when me and the few smoking friends I have talk cigars, yeah amongs ourselves "real" cigars are not flavored, but thats just our own group. Either way the guy shouldn't have mocked or laughed at your stash, but I have to be honest if a friend offered me his open humidor I would have thought the same thing, along the lines of "the partagas black is the only REAL cigar in there". I wouldn't have said it out loud, I would have just kindly said "no thanks, I brought some of my own". If he wasn't too rude just remind him to bring his own favorites next time, so we can all get along as smokers.

While his behavior does seem rude he may not have intended to offend you. He may just be clueless. You deserve a RG bump for being man enough to give him a second chance.
    I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. Kenneth Clark

I guess some people have no class and can't be grateful for being offered anything in the spirit of friendship and cameraderie. If anyone reached out to me, invited me into his house, and offered me something from his personal stash no matter what it was, I gratefully accept and am thankful for the consideration. The real thing being offered is not a cigar, but an outstretched hand and he just did the equivalent of starting to shake your hand and abruptly using it to smooth out his hair ( you know the move).

I thank you guys a lot for showing me I am not alone in being upset by this. I am sitting at my local B&M having just had a quite enlightening chat with the owner who has been talking with this guy for quite some time. As the owner says, this fellow is quite a bit of a cigar snob. He has been known to buy a box of cigars and not like them (with nothing wrong with them) and bring them back claiming a hard draw. I'm all for returning cigars that actually have a hard draw if that's your thing, but if you just don't like the way they are maybe you should have purchased one or two to try, then more if you liked them. IMO if you buy a box and don't like them they are yours, Trade/gift them to someone, and learn from the mistake. However, even though I trust my local guy's sense of judgement I feel like I should give the Poopy headish guy another chance before Jumping to any conclusions. If all else fails I'll have someone I can meet up with in the shop and have a conversation with whilst I am there. So we'll see what Friday brings.
    Again Thank you guys for your support, opinions, and general sense of community. I am very glad I finally took the plunge, and joined puff.

Maturing Puffer Fish Malcontent's Avatar

We do this for our pleasure and enjoyment. It is not a competition, and I wouldn't want to associate with anyone who feels otherwise.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish jaysalti's Avatar

I could see giving an established friend a good ribbing. The guys down at the local cigar club rag on each other all the time, but never with malice. If he was just goofing on you and giving you a hard time, that is one thing. Being truely snobbish and offensive... you don't need his company anywhoo.

I have found anyone can smoke a cigar, but not all can truly be a botl/botb. I believe that we enjoy such a strong sense of community and respect on great forums such as this, that it's unsettling to cross paths with those who do not exhibit the same face to face.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Echoing everything above - smoke what you like, like what you smoke. Not that I'm the paragon of cigar knowledge and taste, but once in a while I smoke an Erin go Bragh Irish Cream infused cigarillo. They don't come any cheaper or less glamorous. I've had a couple of Drew Estates Javas - liked them pretty well, too. But even if I smoked Esplendidos as everyday cigars, I wouldn't make fun of someone else's stash (unless we BOTH KNEW it was totally in fun). Good job reaching out to this guy. By and large he is not what the hobby is about, IMHO.
    Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish smokin_dad's Avatar

This guys doesn't seem like such a great smoking partner. I never condone making fun of someone for anything, and for this guy to do it to your face is completely uncalled for. Now I have a buddy, that I smoke with that i can get away with saying stuff like that to (joking with him) but I have known him for years, and that's how our friendshp is.
    For you to open your humi to a stranger is a kind gesture within itself. I wouldn't pay to much attention to him and what he did.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes CALIFORNIA KID's Avatar

keep him a B&M friend and forget inviteing him over

personaly I get pissy when I offer someone a gran habano that has 18 months on it, it's damn tastey, but they scoff at it because it is "not expensive"

we are sitting in the yard not eating a $200 dinner

my point being there are cigars out there that are $1 and cigars that are more, if its free don't complain

if someone has 75 sticks in there humi and you have 1000, who cares say thank you
    disclaimer: I am a just a guy with too many cigars and too many guns, what ever I say is probably wrong. PM me if you are in the 916 and want to herf

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarrelMorris View Post
    While his behavior does seem rude he may not have intended to offend you. He may just be clueless. You deserve a RG bump for being man enough to give him a second chance.
    This pretty much sums it up... If he's been cool, he probably doesn't mean anything by it, & he probably wouldn't be offended if the roles were switched. I'm sure he wasn't trying to offend you in any way. Kudos to you for being a big enough person to shrug it off.
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Quote Originally Posted by fuente~fuente View Post
    This pretty much sums it up... If he's been cool, he probably doesn't mean anything by it, & he probably wouldn't be offended if the roles were switched.
    That's what 'm hoping, 'll talk with him Friday and see what he says, and hope for the best, and as Michael says
    Quote Originally Posted by CALIFORNIA KID View Post
    keep him a B&M friend and forget inviteing him over

I was just a bit surprised by his behavior, especially since this is the first time we've gotten together outside the B&M. The more I thought about it the more it upset me, and as a pipe guy I guess I was thinking maybe there was something different to expect from cigar folk. It did feel to me anyway more insulting than ribbing, and I was curious as to what some other solid cigar guys thought. You know most of us pipe folks will put almost any kind of tobacco in our pipe at least once. Although I probably won't really cry about it, I do feel better about having an entire community here to talk with and have fun. You guys rock.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast