Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! Thank you my daughter, granddaughter, wife and SHUCKINS!

This is a discussion on BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! Thank you my daughter, granddaughter, wife and SHUCKINS! within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Hi Everyone, Those of you who are new may not know me and you older members may not remember me. ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! Thank you my daughter, granddaughter, wife and SHUCKINS!

Hi Everyone, Those of you who are new may not know me and you older members may not remember me. I haven't been in here in a while. My wife has been very ill and i've been busy with her and I guess sort of in a funk so not really getting on the computer even to check Emails. But lately things have happened to change that leading up to today which I remember forever.Here it is 3:00 AM and i'm still up and smiling about it!

First I got a mysterious package loaded with cigars. I went on line and signed in and discovered something I had forgotten about. That I had signed up for WyldKnyght's Blind Taste Test Review Pass a long time ago and the box had finally made it to me. Re-participating in that brought back all the good times of this sight and it's members and got me to posting again.

Then today my beautiful daughter gave us our first grandchild! Her name is Ariana and she came to us simply perfect at 21 inches, 8 lbs 1 ounce. But it gets even better, she was born on my wife's birthday so they can celebrate their birthdays together. That really cheered my wife up and it became the best day of her life as well. But....even more, my son Timmy had went into the Navy two weeks ago and we got our first letter from him from bootcamp in Great Lakes Ill. today.

And the cherry on the cake,,,a while back I was the happy reciever of one of Shuckins famous cigar bombs, and what a bomb it was! Included in it was one of the special cigars he places in his custom made plastic tubes which I have been saving for this very occasion. And...it was wonderful! Heaven on earth, THANK YOU SHUCKINS! So,without further adiu....I present to the you my new granddaughter Ariana and a review of that incredible cigar Shuckins sent me..
    Attachment 70439
    Our daughter Sarah with Ariana
    Attachment 70435
    Ariana Cardena born 8-17-2012 and me

Attachment 70436
    One of the great cigars sent to me by Shuckins sans label. Great construction, only one minor vein on one side,beautiful wrapper, beautiful head which reminded me of the type you see on a Cuban cigar The foot smell was really nice, mild and pleasent.

Attachment 70437
    First third, great flavor, the flavor I enjoy and look for most in a cigar, it's hard to describe and the best I can do is call it "warm comfortable tobacco". It's the type of flavor that tells you this cigar is going to make you kick back, relax and really enjoy it.Also a slight hint of cedar and oak. The ash was great, very firm and a pleasant black and white. I first tapped the ash just after this photo but i'm sure I could have easily allowed a second inch on it with no problem. The wrapper smell was very pleasant. A nice warm comfortable smell and the cigar was a comfortable medium power profile. The whole exsperience so far was akin to sitting back in an easy chair with a favorite beverage and reading a good book on a nice spring Sunday day....if you can understand that description? Oh...and speaking of beverages with it, since I enjoyed this master piece at 1:00 AM but wasn't sleepy I chose to make my famous Cuban coffee .. in the authentic way, which ended up complimenting this cigar very nicely.

By the second third Spice was beginning to roll in, and incredibly hints of honey! The only other time I had exsperienced that in a cigar was from some my father willed to me. He was an avid cigar smoker and had kept some from the 1950's and early 60's which are clear Havana's. Of the couple of modern Cuban cigars I have tried I hadn't gotten that flavor. Instead they had been more of a heavy spice and strong, akin to say a Opus X. Along with the spice the power of this cigar was also beginning to show itself.

Name:  shukins-3.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  60.5 KB

Final third, I nubbed this baby well after this photo was taken, until it burned my fingers which i've only done with a couple of other cigars! Good stuff! The spice really presented itself along with this cigars power profile which concluded much like the finale in a fourth of July fireworks show in a symphony of flavor and strength of power. With all of this sudden spice was also this cool flavor of ice or mint! At the same time the spice was burning this almost mint ice thing was going on which was really memorable and enjoyable, something I hadn't exsperienced before.

Conclusion, amazingly this cigar had three very distinct and seperate flavor profiles, no gradual transition at all; more like smoking three seperate cigars, like their was a wall between each change.For the first third the profile was so constant I thought this was going to be a nice warm comfortable smoke without any unusual surprises, by the second third I was a bit surprised and by the end I was impressed.
    God but I wish every day could be like today and every cigar like this one!

THANKS TO MY LOVELY DAUGHTER SARAH, OUR NEW DAUGHTER ARIANA,MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE TERESA AND TO SHUCKINS AND HIS INCREDIBLE GENEROSITY IN MAKING THIS DAY POSSIBLE!

Good night all, Carl (Longburn)
    Last edited by longburn; 08-18-2012 at 04:59 AM.
    The best cigar I ever smoked will be the next one I try.

Just punched his B-Card!

Re: BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! Thank you my daughter, granddaughter, wife and SHUCKINS!

Wow, sounds like quite the day! Congrats to you and your family, and nice review!

Re: BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! Thank you my daughter, granddaughter, wife and SHUCKINS!

Very nice Carl. My thoughts & best wishes go to you & your wife in such trying times and it is refreshing to see that you found the shiny part of an otherwise bleak situation. Having been in a similar situation I say, Kudos to you & your's Sir!

Welcome to the world Ariana, be well & strive to be happy.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Puffer Fish with some spikes dayento2's Avatar

CONGRATS!

Sounds like things are turning around...Keep the Faith .... Congrats .....

Congrats Carl!! Prayers and well wishes to your growing family.
    Editing and deleting are two different things. You edit a whole by deleting a part; you cannot edit a part by deleting it. Webster can clear this up for you.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Feldenak's Avatar

Congratulations on a wonderful all around day!

CONGRATS Longburn ! Life is Good ! Smoke another today grandpa !

Congratulations Carl,

Great things come to great people, keep your head up bro'
    The Krazy Kanuck

glad things are looking up. God bless your new addition. enjoy this time the best you can.
    "Donít congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either Ė your choices are half chance, so are everybody elseís"- Mary Schmich

Wow, definitely sounds like an amazing day. The beauty of it is that you get to be reminded of this day every year when celebrating your wife and grand child's birthday, congrats!!!

COngratulations on everything!!!Sounds like and absolutely wonderful day...

Sounds like a well deserved great day!! Congrats on your family's new addition!!

Wide eyed with wonder Avenidadecuba's Avatar

Awesome post grandpa!
    "I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time. " - Mark Twain

Puffer Fish with some spikes A144's Avatar

Congrats man, that is a really awesome day!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast