Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

non tobacco ingredients in cigar?????????

This is a discussion on non tobacco ingredients in cigar????????? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Where the hell is cigar city, USA? I need to visit......

No longer a community member.

Re: non tobacco ingredients in cigar?????????

Where the hell is cigar city, USA? I need to visit...

Quote Originally Posted by bigb9582 View Post
    well i pulled the 2"ish nub out of the trayand here is what i got
    leaf on outside, what i though was leaf for the binder until i relized there was no veins in it, a weirdly cut paper thing goin around the tip and then tobaccy inside.
    so yes it does have a paper binder and the weirdly cut paper below were i cut the tip.
    o well ill smoke up this bundle and look fer another "true hand made yardgar"
    now to go get the nasty stale gar smell off my hands
    yeap, all the cheap machine made $20 dollar a bundle cigars that i have opened up have that same brown paper and what ever it is on the head, nothing new, you get what you pay for...
    - Sin City Bomber -

ya, im still learning this cigar stuff, i always figured the machine made ones had the "paper" on the outside. plus these didnt say machine made or anything and i didnt think to ask the shop owner, o well lesson learned.
    btw i think cigar city is in tampa trolleys back yard right beside their cigar rolling machines, lol

Puffer Fish with some spikes Loki21's Avatar

Very interesting read. Thanks for the post and letting me learn something new.

Quote Originally Posted by exprime8 View Post
    yeap, all the cheap machine made $20 dollar a bundle cigars that i have opened up have that same brown paper and what ever it is on the head, nothing new, you get what you pay for...
    Even those that use use machine mades to... make "hand rolled cigars" know to remove the paper and cap. Machine made cigars seem to be more like cigarettes than typical cigars with the use of some crazy reconstituted stuff.

No longer a community member.

I've read that the reconstituted tobacco stuff is a mix of paper and ground up stems, and sprayed with nicotine juice... Yum...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Stogin's Avatar

Hey, don't discount the cigar just because it's machine rolled and has some paper in it. Some machine rolled cigars are pretty good! And some true hand rolled cigars are pretty awful. :/ So if it's yummy and cheap, why not?

ghe
    Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Stogin View Post
    Hey, don't discount the cigar just because it's machine rolled and has some paper in it. Some machine rolled cigars are pretty good! And some true hand rolled cigars are pretty awful. :/ So if it's yummy and cheap, why not?
    Not all machine-made cigars use reconstituted tobacco, but most do, especially the big sellers that are familiar names.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2