Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Girlfriend not happy about me smoking cigars.

This is a discussion on Girlfriend not happy about me smoking cigars. within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; So my girlfriend found out that i smoke cigars. She was to say the least very unhappy about it. She ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes ATCarp's Avatar

Girlfriend not happy about me smoking cigars.

So my girlfriend found out that i smoke cigars. She was to say the least very unhappy about it. She was quite mad, and rightfully so. I used to smoke cigarettes and other non premium tobacco last year(for several months) and i promised her i wouldn't smoke anymore. I did break her promise, which was absolutely wrong. I told her that I'd quit cigars because she means everything to me. I love her so much and i just want to see her happy!

I do love cigars, the industry, the culture, and all of you guys. You all have been great to me. She says I can immerse myself in the culture without smoking, but it's still not the same. That being said, I'm willing to quit smoking for her-she means the world to me.
    She says it's that she's hurt from the actual smoking, but the broken promises and lies. she is absolutely in the right to be hurt and I'm sorry.
    Any thoughts?

and Madeline, I love you!

Re: Girlfriend not happy about me smoking cigars.

If its her or the cigars and you are that happy with her......quit. If she cant accept that you are sharing in an occasional, so far, not addictive hobby that makes you happy, just think about down the road as you get closer and maybe married, what else will she have a say in? No drinking beers with the guys during football? No joining a pool league at the local tavern? No fishing trips,etc? Not saying she is that type of person but 2 questions come to mind.....1. How long have you been together? 2. I know you said you were in your early 20's if I recall. Is this the one you're going to hang your hat on forever?

Maturing Puffer Fish

Sorry to hear you are quitting. Have you tried introducing her to the culture? My wife use to get on me about smoking until one day I offered her dad a cigar and she tried to stop the both of us. Her dad told her to get off my back and to not bother me about doing something I enjoy. Maybe you should smoke with her pops.

Smoking makes me go Poo! Shemp75's Avatar

dump her. get a girl that will put up with your demons as you would put up with hers.
    "Before I bed you wench, have a look at my box of Glass top Cohibas!!"

See, I'm highly considering it, but I haven't decided if I'm going to quit for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJW1979 View Post
    Sorry to hear you are quitting. Have you tried introducing her to the culture? My wife use to get on me about smoking until one day I offered her dad a cigar and she tried to stop the both of us. Her dad told her to get off my back and to not bother me about doing something I enjoy. Maybe you should smoke with her pops.

well, that sucks, but only you can make that call...
    - Sin City Bomber -

Andrew in your original post, you said you told her you would quit because you want to see her happy (at least that's how I read it). Now, if you don't quit, she will get hurt again because you lied to her. You are in the beginning stages of weaving a web that you may regret. St her down, tell her you will respect her enough to not smoke around her until she comes to terms with it. Or, if you did indeed mean that you'd quit, which is what you told her, stick with it or she will be hurt all over again. Or, quit while you're ahead and not too involved (engaged, married, kids, etc) and move onto another woman.

Mods......can we move this to the "domestic disputes" section?

You're right Scott, i did say two different things! I told i would quit, then later she said she wasn't mad about the fact that i smoked but more about the fact that i lied. And to answer a previous post, I could definitely see myself marrying this woman.

Alpha Puffer Fish

If that's your picture in the avatar - go for the girl - cigars are easy to to get - might be your last chance (with a girl)...

Well man you did make a promise and broke it. You got to ask how important she is and whether or not those feeling will last and if so then it is kinda a no brainer.
    "A fine cigar should fall apart in your hands like a neurotic woman!" - Fernando

Ole Crusty Spiked Fish tpharkman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post

Mods......can we move this to the "domestic disputes" section?
    Roflmao!! Great stuff Scott. The indecisiveness expressed by the OP in this thread suggests he might not be so into her as he originally thought. It is next to impossible to quit something for somebody else--it has to be done for self or it isn't going to work very well.

Trust me on this...when I was a younger man I had a lot of habits and a lot of girlfriends and I could never give up one for the other and the other always left me for another. Does that make sense??
    Agnes, have you seen my Don Diegos?

I look a little better in my pic in the "pictures of you smoking thread". Name:  Picture0019.jpg
Views: 1957
Size:  32.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by FWTX View Post
    If that's your picture in the avatar - go for the girl - cigars are easy to to get - might be your last chance (with a girl)...

Quote Originally Posted by tpharkman View Post
    The indecisiveness expressed by the OP in this thread suggests he might not be so into her as he originally though.
    I don't feel it's that way at all. I absolutely love her.

I like cigars a lot, but I like women way more.

I know what I'd do. You must decide for yourself. Good luck!
    Are you a Puff noob or veteran? Join the Noobie Sampler Trade!
    Canadian? Try the Canadian Noob PIF v2.0

I definitely choose her over smoking cigars.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast