Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Booze infused

This is a discussion on Booze infused within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Ok guys, so I live in east Tennessee and there is a place about 30 minutes from my house that ...

Off to Cigar bum. com jhedrick83's Avatar

Booze infused

Ok guys, so I live in east Tennessee and there is a place about 30 minutes from my house that is a legal moonshine distillery. One thing they sell is moonshine infused cigars and they are fantastic​, but expensive!. They are Churchills of unknown origin that I assume they have left in a humidor with open moonshine jars. Has anybody tried anything like this at home? It doesn't have to be moonshine, it could be scotch, bourbon or whiskey. If you have, how did you go about it and how well did it work?

Re: Booze infused

Sounds shitty to me but that's just me.....by the way, welcome

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

I have seen some people put cigars in a tupperware with a shot glass of certain liquors. No idea how they turned out.
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

I am sure a little "search" will yield some results.
    Seams this gets brought up from time to time.
    I know guys have tried this with rum and liquors, but seldom see them rave about the results

Edit: You will also find ( for good or bad) little love for infused cigars here
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

Which is understandable. I thought it sounded pretty nasty until i tired it. Moonshine, for those who have never had it, has a very different flavor (can't really describe it, it's just moonshine). They aren't my favorite stick, just thought it might be a fun project to give a shot if it was worth my time.

Give it a shot and let us know.

Full grown Puffer Fish Livin' Legend's Avatar

I've never tried any such thing, and the only person I know of that's done anything similar is a coworker's husband, who I'm told bought a few CCs on a cruise, which he and his friends dipped in Jack Dagnals before smoking.

I would have been infuriated at the sullying of a fine work of art if she hadn't told me they bought them in Jamaica. Dip the fake-o sticks all you want, says I.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

You dont know until you try!

Ive been meaning to try this with a few mediocre sticks I have, and some Lagavulin 16. Not much to lose but an ounce of good Scotch!

Yeah, dipping it sounds vile. I just started a cabinet humidor build. Once it is done , I might get a few knock around cigars and give it a shot with some 'shine.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

The guy who got me into cigars way back in the 70s was a retired Marine neighbor. One day when he had a friend stop by, they were out on his back porch smoking cigars and I noticed he was dipping the end of his cigar in his scotch. When the guy left, I asked him about it. He explained that good scotch did a lot to kill the taste of a bad cigar and he didn't want to insult his friend about his bad taste in cigars. Over the years, I have found the practice to be useful.

I'm watching you.

My local club does this. They take a glass jar, fill it with clear glass beads (or marbles), then fill the jar halfway up the beads with cognac, whisky or whiskey, and then let the cigars rest, foot down, in the jar. After about a week, the cigars are moist, infused, and ready to go. I dry box mine for a week or so, because they do tend to burn wet this way.
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Quote Originally Posted by jphank View Post
    My local club does this. They take a glass jar, fill it with clear glass beads (or marbles), then fill the jar halfway up the beads with cognac, whisky or whiskey, and then let the cigars rest, foot down, in the jar. After about a week, the cigars are moist, infused, and ready to go. I dry box mine for a week or so, because they do tend to burn wet this way.
    So, the feet don't actually touch the cognac correct? Just want to make sure. Do you have any suggestions regarding cigars to use, obviously not going top shelf here.

Puffer Fish with some spikes cool hand luke's Avatar

i have taken cheap dog rockets that i didn"t care for and cut up an apple to infuze some flavor...it helped....I would never play around with a good cigar that way..

Full grown Puffer Fish Livin' Legend's Avatar

I am interested in the infusion method described here. I can see how it might improve a dog rocket to relative smokeability. But I agree with Robbie, never play around with a good cigar.

I'm watching you.

Quote Originally Posted by jhedrick83 View Post
    So, the feet don't actually touch the cognac correct? Just want to make sure. Do you have any suggestions regarding cigars to use, obviously not going top shelf here.
    Correct, the liquor only goes up halfway through the glass beads, and the cigar feet rest on the top of the beads. We use our house cigars for this, by the way.
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast