Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

How old were you when you started smoking cigars?

This is a discussion on How old were you when you started smoking cigars? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I am young'n, at 22 and hope to develop the palete of a lot of the guys on here, just ...

How old were you when you started smoking cigars?

I am young'n, at 22 and hope to develop the palete of a lot of the guys on here, just reading the reviews on some cigars lets you know a lot about the smoker. I see the word leather used a lot, you guys have no idea- i've been trying to find this leather in the cigars i've smoked, to no avail Lol.

Re: How old were you when you started smoking cigars?

Started at 39. Still learning.you will learn a lot here.

Full grown Puffer Fish Livin' Legend's Avatar

I was 28 at the time (30 now), and started as a result of a random dream I had where I was doing something manly that was made more badass because I was smoking a cigar while doing it. Over the next week that seed grew and eventually I had to act on it. Sometimes dreams know what they're talking about.

Maturing Puffer Fish showcattle's Avatar

Had my first at 17 swisher sweet grape, horrible thing haha. Tried them again in college at 19, 20 now have been enjoying them ever since.

29 its been a fast 4 years! =)

Puffer Fish with some spikes djcsewell's Avatar

I was 17 I think.... My friend received a box of cigars for a graduation present from his girlfriends dad if I'm not mistaken. He didn't want them so at a party he passed them out.... I got two of them. Couldn't tell ya what kind it was.... all I remember is that I enjoyed it and that was it for me! I literally started buying and trying cigars as soon as I turned 18.
    Life is too short to smoke dog rockets

Leading Puffer Fish Slowpokebill's Avatar

I started in my early twenties. Thirty plus years later I'm still learning.

I had my first swisher at 17. I began buying my own real cigars at 18.
    "A fine cigar should fall apart in your hands like a neurotic woman!" - Fernando

It's a cliff not a slope! jheiliger's Avatar

I started with any regularity at about 25... It's been 13yrs.

Do a search here on "developing your palate", and you will learn a lot. The cliff notes: When you're starting off, keep a journal of what you like and why! After you are past the 6 month mark, your palate starts to settle in and you become more discriminant. It's then that you begin to pick out certain flavors that you like, and the characteristics of certain cigars that you begin to hunt for. I would also recommend you read a couple other reviews of a cigar AFTER you have done your own notes to see how what you are tasting lines up with other reviewers. It will help you "taste what you're tasting...". In the end, smoke what you like and like what you smoke!

Best of luck,

Joe
    I live such a great life... A beautiful family, a job I love, and a few good smokes to keep my head on straight.

Had a Padron 2000 natural, the day I turned 18. That was almost 8 long years ago!

Full grown Puffer Fish

Started last year at 24. Been loving them ever since!

Maturing Puffer Fish

First cigar at 17, however didn't start the enthusiasm until 29 (when I could afford the slope :-)

Started at 35. After 15 years I can't still taste leather, coffee or chocolate but I like smoking the darn things.

Had my first cigar at 18 (Drew Estate Java), smoked cigars very occasionally for about a year and got a lot more into it when I was 19. (I'm only 20 now)
    Word of the Day: | Innocuous - having no adverse effect

when I was a teenager-mid 20's my go to drink and cigar was jimbeam and coke and cherry Tijuana Smalls I would chew on the plastic tip till pieces of plastic would fall off. I only started smoking real cigars the last 4-5 years
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast