Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

What's the worst cigar you've had?

This is a discussion on What's the worst cigar you've had? within the General Cigar Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I think Steve Saka's quote is fitting.... "If you try to make a blend that everyone likes, you won't make ...

Re: What's the worst cigar you've had?

I think Steve Saka's quote is fitting.... "If you try to make a blend that everyone likes, you won't make a blend that anyone will love."
    "Don’t congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either – your choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s"- Mary Schmich

Puffer Fish with some spikes BlazinBajan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RSTAD View Post
    Its hit or miss with Gurkhas for me, I had a beauty that was acidic and terrible, but I tried another and it was perfect
    I had a beauty also and it was quite tasty ...but it also had about 4 months rest on it.

MDS

Gurkah Assassin - Weird burn and a really odd taste. It might sound weird but it sort of had a watery taste to it.

Romeo and Juliet Maduro - Got some harshness over about 3/4 of the cigar.

i have a three way tie:

j. fuego 777 maduro robusto
    nub 464T
    alec bradley american classic toro

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by jabuan View Post
    i have a three way tie:

This exact cigar for me. Tried 2, both were horrid.

Young Puffer Fish

Rosa Cuba hands down. Like smoking a turd out of my yard.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Non Cuban GURKHA!

Cuban Guantanamera!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Skraff View Post
    This exact cigar for me. Tried 2, both were horrid.
    i was wondering how often you guys give a bad cigar a second chance. i'm super hesitant to buy a second of one i didn't like. there's so many hot damn cigars that i wouldn't wanna revisit the possibility of a repeat performance.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

i was wondering how often you guys give a bad cigar a second chance. i'm super hesitant to buy a second of one i didn't like. there's so many hot damn cigars that i wouldn't wanna revisit the possibility of a repeat performance.
    I gave the gurkha beauty a second try after a terrible one, and now I always keep atleast 2 around

Young Puffer Fish

I never really buy a single of a cigar. If I want to try one, I will pick up 2 or 3.
    If the first one is bad, I'll give it a few months. I smoked those 2 777s about 4 months apart, and both were pretty rancid.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    Non Cuban GURKHA!

Cuban Guantanamera!
    Had a couple Guananamera Crystales at a wedding...To be fair, they weren't dreadful. For a machine made short filler, they were a darn sight better than a Hamlet
    They were just a really boring smoke. So mild as to not really have any flavours you could pick out.
    Someone there di actually say it was the best cigar they had ever had, so each to their own I guess...

Someone there did actually say it was the best cigar they had ever had...
    But was he bragging or complaining?
    ********.com

Alpha Puffer Fish Damselnotindistress's Avatar

Had a couple Guananamera Crystales at a wedding...To be fair, they weren't dreadful. For a machine made short filler, they were a darn sight better than a Hamlet
    They were just a really boring smoke. So mild as to not really have any flavours you could pick out.
    Someone there di actually say it was the best cigar they had ever had, so each to their own I guess...
    !!Thank you, Skraff! I'm so glad to find SOMEBODY out there who DOESN'T think Guantanameras are the gift of Satan! I know they're badly constructed and so on, yet as you said, they are not terrible! I'll choose one any day over your average NC - I LOVE that Cuban flavor from wherever it comes!
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill everytime

Puffer Fish with some spikes

i have a three way tie:

nub 464T
    alec bradley american classic toro
    Damn, I just bought an ab american

Quote Originally Posted by RSTAD View Post
    Damn, I just bought an ab american
    you might enjoy it. my amateur palate had cigar aficionado's COTY of 2012 flor de las antillas and i wasn't wowed by it. it was a nice cigar, but not one that made me wanna go buy more right away.

everything about the ab was really nice. the look, the construction, the burn, the draw, the band...everything was top notch. i just didn't like the taste. which was my issue with the nub 464T. everything about it was beautiful. just didn't taste good to me.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast